Thread: Suspect dies in cemetery crash

Default Suspect dies in cemetery crash

7:15 AM October 25, 2006

Suspect dies in cemetery crash
    Associated Press
    October 25, 2006

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- A man who had apparently burglarized a home and stolen a car died a short time later when he crashed into a cemetery's locked gate, police said.

Monroe County sheriff's Detective Brad Swain said investigators speculate that the man, who passed an off-duty Ellettsville police officer in a marked squad car, feared officers were pursuing him and may have tried to hide in Clear Creek Cemetery.

Swain said it appears the man tried to drive through its locked gate at high speed, making the impact fatal. "He may have intentionally driven into it, thinking he could break it, or he just didn't see it and crashed into it," Swain said.

When officers arrived at the accident scene around midnight Monday, they found a young man behind the wheel of a Ford Mustang convertible. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Swain said Tuesday the county coroner has tentatively identified the man, who had no ID on him. He said the man's fingerprints were sent to the FBI for a positive ID.

The man climbed into the Mustang in the burglarized home's garage and then drove through the garage door, apparently because he couldn't figure out how to open or raise the door, Swain said.

IndyStar

Why Not Us ?

Default Re: Suspect dies in cemetery crash

One of the most ironic & sad things I've ever worked in my career is a man who drowned in a cemetery. I'm not kidding.

It was after a pretty heavy rain & a very rainy spring in general when a grounds keeper was mowing the grass & his trackter lost traction & rolled over on him pinning him under a small puddle of water no more than 1 foot deep (at most). He did not die of any injuries, he drowned.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of the most ironic & sad things I've ever worked in my career is a man who drowned in a cemetery. I'm not kidding.

It was after a pretty heavy rain & a very rainy spring in general when a grounds keeper was mowing the grass & his trackter lost traction & rolled over on him pinning him under a small puddle of water no more than 1 foot deep (at most). He did not die of any injuries, he drowned.
    that is crazy (and very sad).

Fine, I'll say it....

You know why they put fences around cemetaries?

Because people are just DYING to get out (or in this case, in)!

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    Fine, I'll say it....

You know why they put fences around cemetaries?

Because people are just DYING to get out (or in this case, in)!
    Uhhhh I thought the punch line was always "Because people are just dying to get in there"

That makes way more sense that the other way around. And now it's literally true and you 'went there'.
    Bad Eindar!...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Uhhhh I thought the punch line was always "Because people are just dying to get in there"

That makes way more sense that the other way around. And now it's literally true and you 'went there'.
    Bad Eindar!...
    haha, nothing worse than screwing up a tasteless joke!