Thread: Colts Defensive Tackle Montae Reagor Involved In Serious Accident

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Colts Defensive Tackle Montae Reagor Involved In Serious Accident

Indianapolis Colts Defensive Tackle, Montae Reagor was in a serious accident Sunday afternoon.

Reagor was driving eastbound on 56th Street toward I-465 when a vehicle slammed into his SUV flipping it over. Reagor, along with a female passenger were transported to the hospital. Police report that Reagor's injuries include a severe cut to the head. He was not wearing his seat belt.

No word as to how this will impact tonight's game against the Washington Redskins.

Stay Tuned To 24-Hour News 8 for more details on this developing story.

http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5572961

ahhh man i hope he's ok
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts Defensive Tackle Montae Reagor Involved In Serious Accident

you beat me to it.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh dear. Forget his game status, I hope he and his passenger end up okay. Sad to hear he wasn't wearing a seat belt. In my opinion, you must always wear one.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

sweabs

I hope he's okay and it's nothing serious. We're going to need all the help we can get today with our DT's.

Here's some more details from RATS (from poster andygriff1975):

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168349

"Reagor is at Methodist right now. His status is a little unclear but this is what I know. (I know this because my gf is paramedic for Wishard who is giving me updates). Reagor and his gf ran a red light on 56th street and hit someone. Yes he is getting cited for a traffic violation (paramedic gf's partner's ex-fiance was one of the cops on the scene). Anyways Reagor flipped his SUV and slid about 140 feet on the top. Apparently he suffered injuries to his face and head mainly because his SUV has a sunroof which shattered. He received a large cut to his head which caused massive bleeding. He also has a swollen eye that may required some type of surgery to relieve pressure. The impression is he will be ok but not sure what is final outcome will be. I think they took him up for a CT scan to rule out brain contusion/swelling. If I hear more I'll post."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I doubt he plays again any time soon from the way it sounds.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sad to hear it. While I hope he recovers, he was foolish to not wear his seatbelt.

.."We don't have a prognosis yet," he said after the Colts' 36-22 victory over Washington. "About all we know is that he was in an automobile accident and that he's in the hospital, and he's alert. He talked to his mom, he's talked to our doctors here. Other than that I'm not really sure where he is at."

Reagor was driving eastbound near the Colts' practice facility on the west side of Indianapolis when a car turned into his path, striking the driver's side of Reagor's SUV, Indiana State Police Sgt. Jon Smithers said.

The impact pushed the SUV into the curb and caused it to flip, leaving Reagor with a head wound and his female companion with minor bumps and bruises, Smithers said.

"He had a pretty serious laceration on the top of his head," Smithers said.

The driver of the other vehicle, Wuya McCarthy, was cited for failure to yield right of way.

Updated on Sunday, Oct 22, 2006 9:14 pm EDT ...
    Yahoo

Why Not Us ?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hope you're OK, man.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

McThugg

Thank you Slade for waiting for an official report so as to not assume that another pro athlete was the one being reckless.

Unhappy Re: Colts Defensive Tackle Montae Reagor Involved In Serious Accident

Looks like Montae is out for this Week's game as well.

Colts' Reagor to miss Sunday's game

By Mike Chappell
    mike.chappell@indystar.com
    October 23, 2006

Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Montae Reagor will miss this week's game at Denver because of injuries sustained in a car accident before Sunday's game against Washington, coach Tony Dungy said.

Reagor remained at Methodist Hospital this morning, a hospital spokesman said. Neither Dungy nor the spokesman would elaborate on Reagor's injury. In a statement Sunday, the team said he suffered facial cuts.

The accident, which police said was not Reagor’s fault, occurred near the team’s West 56th Street complex.

Call Star reporter Mike Chappell at (317) 444-6830.

This story will be updated.
    IndyStar

Why Not Us ?