Thread: Marvin H- Little Fanfare For an Uncommon Man (must read for Colts fans IMHO)

Default Marvin H- Little Fanfare For an Uncommon Man (must read for Colts fans IMHO)

O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Default Re: Marvin H- Little Fanfare For an Uncommon Man (must read for Colts fans IMHO)

That's a fascinating read. I didn't know that much about him. I already had great respect for him before, but this article just bumped my respect for him up about 1,000 notches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Harrison
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They don't pay me to play, they pay me to practice. Playing, that's what you do for free. That's what you do for fun.
    Iverson could learn a thing or two from Marvelous Marvin. In more ways than one.

Default Re: Marvin H- Little Fanfare For an Uncommon Man (must read for Colts fans IMHO)

Great article, one of the most comprehensive I've read and of course it's from another cities newspaper.

Why Not Us ?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Marvin is about as good of a guy as there is.

That was an amazing article.

Amazing article, amazing player, amazing guy.

I remember watching him spike the ball in a game last year, and I talked about how uncommon it was for him, and everyone jumped me saying he does stuff like that all the time.

Amazing article. We are extremely lucky to have not one, but TWO players like that at skill positions. Peyton and Marvin, both are professionals in every way. I swear I'll cry if they don't get a Super Bowl ring. It would be hard to find two guys who deserve it more.

sweabs

I was going to quote the exact same line you did, Aw Heck.

He is the definition of class and professionalism. You can't find a better role model in sports today. He is everything a professional athlete should be. It's a shame that his type is so rare, however.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What a great article!

And a great game from Harrison yesterday!

I love what he did after one of his TDs--sticking the ball in the dude's equipment, whatever that thing is. That was funny. He seemed a little more outgoing yesterday, but still the classy, amazing, proffesional Marvin Harrison that we're used to.

What a guy.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

The story about him and the track guy from high school is awesome. So calm, so cool.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Harrison is awesome, always have thought so. I'm proud that Indiana always seems to get these TRUE professional guys (Peyton, Marvin, Comeback Jim, Marshall Faulk, Reggie almost all of the old pacers); you don't have to scold them like little kids, you don't have to tell them out to dress, you don't have to tell them to act professional. They show up, do their job like any other professional would. Harrison is just another one of those guys except he has so much more stage to put on a show like T.O or Chad Johnson does. Just glad we get these type of players.

The Pacers use to get these type of players as well, I hope they (pacers) can get back on the right track, get more true professionals and rid some of these bad apples.

Did anyone else see after Marvin made a big catch on 3rd down for a first he just threw the ball up in the air.

The fact that Marvin is so laid back makes is so cool when he celebrates. That game yesterday was so fun to watch.

I really have a good feeling about this year. *knock on wood*

McThugg

Smile Re: Marvin H- Little Fanfare For an Uncommon Man (must read for Colts fans IMHO)

Isaac I hate to tell you this but you have the wrong DB in your avi. You should have #20 Donald Washington a red shirt freshman from my old high school (Franklin Central) right here in Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by McThugg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isaac I hate to tell you this but you have the wrong DB in your avi. You should have #20 Donald Washington a red shirt freshman from my old high school (Franklin Central) right here in Indy.
    I'm excited about Washington, he's going to be a solid player. I was happy when we brought him aboard, and he'll get his chance next year.

As of right now, it's all about Malcolm J.