Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Official Redskins @ Colts gameday thread!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official Redskins @ Colts gameday thread!

You can't tackle, especially the QB, in the head area. You can't clothesline, you can't collartackle, and you can't grab the helmet.

All three are penalties. Combine that with it being a QB, and it should have been a penalty.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't tackle, especially the QB, in the head area. You can't clothesline, you can't collartackle, and you can't grab the helmet.

All three are penalties. Combine that with it being a QB, and it should have been a penalty.
    He was NOT hit in the head. He also did not collartackle or grab the helmet. He was clothelined, and if you want to say that was a penalty then fine. The ref was standing right on top of him and didnt call anything.

Who really cares?

The NFL tailors QB's way to much as it is. They are limiting what defenses can do more and do every year because fans want to see high scoring, air it out, break 50 yard run type of games. I understand that they want to protect QBs, but anything aside from late hits or unsportsman like conduct should be legal. (Thats a personal opinion)

I didn't get to see the hit because I stopped watching after the first half. Anyone got a video of the hit?

It was easily a penalty. But whatever, we smoked them anyway, and Peyton is fine.

6-0, baby.

The second half was awesome, I hope Doss is ok, that would suck to be without both safties again. Mike played well today before getting injured.

Banned

6-0 AND....... held a team that was averaging 130 yards per game rushing (7th best in the NFL), to 114 yards rushing. That's a huge victory in itself for the Colts. Next week comes top 5 Denver who is averaging 143 yards per game rushing. If the Run D holds its own again next week I may start getting giddy.

After seeing the game in person and then coming home and firing up the DVR to watch it again, I have came to the conclusion that Booger had a monster game. He was creating piles of bodies all around him. He consistently pushed the O-Line back and killed its forward momentum, which is the first step in stopping the run. It crowds the running back while still in the backfield and limits his options. He was truly a force out there, even if it didnt show up on the stat sheet.

Through one game Old Bill is looking even more like a genius for bringing in Booger Mac.

First game this year where the Colts looked as good as their record.

The Skins do need another QB IMO. Brunell's tough in a way but any time a team starts pressuring him he starts throwing these little 2-3 yard dump-off passes. Happened in the Dallas game and again yesterday. Too many quality offensive players at other spots to have to settle for that crap.

Nice job Colts though - no squeeking through or just figuring out how to win on the last possession this time.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The hit wasn't a penalty, Peyton held on to the ball so the tackle was legal.

I said a few days ago we wouldn't win.

We played HORRIBLE in the second half.

PLAY JASON CAMPBELL!!!!!
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    You want to talk about bull****? How about your corner hitting Santana after the play was clearly over, and Santana gettin called for the retaliation.....
    As I recall it the ball was on the ground when Jason David hit him, making his hit legal. John Starksing someone isn't legal at any time.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    As I recall it the ball was on the ground when Jason David hit him, making his hit legal. John Starksing someone isn't legal at any time.
    It was legal - a cheap shot, but legal.

Sort of like playing hockey and someone checks you after the puck's been cleared and about to be iced. Cheap shot - and legal.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

It was a cheap shot, and if people want to whine about that other crap then fine, but call that as well. At the very least its unsportmanline.

Whatever, as I said yesterday it wouldnt have mattered one way or the other

"The guy (Daniels) wouldn't let go of my head,'' Manning said later, sporting a slightly swollen lip. "I looked at my helmet to see if my head was in there. He just wouldn't let go. The ref actually apologized and said he missed it, that he was watching the ball. . . . It kind of put my body in an awkward position.''

That is a quote from Manning today in the Star. Refs recognized it should have been a penalty later anytime the helmet comes off of the qb its a penalty, especially when it gets ripped off. Its pretty cut and dry. It was a dirty play, there was no need for the guy that had Peyton by the neck to keep pushing him backward I am really surprised there aren't more people talking about this play. It was one of the more malicious in play hits/attacks I have seen against a QB.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

^ Exactly!

I guess the ref had to make up for the holding he happened to miss, along with that BS late hit on Moss.

Whatever, your right, none of it matter. The games over.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    It was legal - a cheap shot, but legal.

Sort of like playing hockey and someone checks you after the puck's been cleared and about to be iced. Cheap shot - and legal.
    I didn't view it as cheap. I viewed it as doing his job. If a Colts player had scooped it up and headed the other way I'd rather have one of the faster dudes in the league on the ground rather than giving chase.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I didn't view it as cheap. I viewed it as doing his job. If a Colts player had scooped it up and headed the other way I'd rather have one of the faster dudes in the league on the ground rather than giving chase.......
    Homerism at its best.

The play was over by a good couple of seconds, the corner just wanted to get his hit in.

I dont fault him, he baited Moss and Moss bit.