Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53

Thread: Can we finally agree on....

  1. #1
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Can we finally agree on....

    The simple fact that JO is injury prone.

    I mean seriously how can people continue to defend him with the crap like "He just has freak injuries" or "he has just been unlucky". I mean seriously he has been injured the last 3 years in preseason, that alone is a sign of being injury prone.

    I am not going to say he is as injury prone as JT, but JT's title may well be in jeopardy.

  2. #2
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,786

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    I've been saying he's injury prone for about 3 seasons now. Even when he isn't "injured" he is still having problems with his back or something. After playing about 15-20 straight games he always has some type of nagging injury that even though he continues to play the nagging injury adversely effects his play. I think I posted two seasons ago that JO needs to play 20 games and then sit out 5 and continue that throughout the whole season.

    His body just can't endure a full NBA season without getting injured.

    Before someone gets upset with me, I don't think I'm being critical or anything, just stating the facts.

  3. #3
    Pacesetter
    Guest

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been saying he's injury prone for about 3 seasons now. Even when he isn't "injured" he is still having problems with his back or something. After playing about 15-20 straight games he always has some type of nagging injury that even though he continues to play the nagging injury adversely effects his play. I think I posted two seasons ago that JO needs to play 20 games and then sit out 5 and continue that throughout the whole season.

    His body just can't endure a full NBA season without getting injured.

    Before someone gets upset with me, I don't think I'm being critical or anything, just stating the facts.
    Not critical just short-sighted ...

    He gets a shoulder popped out of place during a game which partially tears his rotator cuff. He then gets a groin injury during a game the very next season (Last season). This is JO, not stretch armstrong ... get a grip dude!

    JO is sitting because they want to rest him before the season, I don't believe for a second he's injured. If they really needed him he'd be on the floor injured or not. Some of you experts around here ought to be thankful for your day jobs. You know a fraction of what Donnie Walsh has forgotten about!

  4. #4
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not critical just short-sighted ...

    He gets a shoulder popped out of place during a game which partially tears his rotator cuff. He then gets a groin injury during a game the very next season (Last season). This is JO, not stretch armstrong ... get a grip dude!

    JO is sitting because they want to rest him before the season, I don't believe for a second he's injured. If they really needed him he'd be on the floor injured or not. Some of you experts around here ought to be thankful for your day jobs. You know a fraction of what Donnie Walsh has forgotten about!
    That is just foolish this team has lacked chemistry for 2 seasons now when JO is on the floor that last thing they need to be doing is sitting him when he is not injured. And hes had alot more injuries than just his groin and shoulder.

    Wrist
    Groin
    Shoulder
    Knee
    Foot
    Hamstring
    Achilles Tendon
    Flu
    ETC

  5. #5
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,260
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JO is sitting because they want to rest him before the season, I don't believe for a second he's injured. If they really needed him he'd be on the floor injured or not. Some of you experts around here ought to be thankful for your day jobs. You know a fraction of what Donnie Walsh has forgotten about!
    The sky is blue, We landed on the moon, and JO is injury prone.

    Do you believe any of THAT?
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  6. #6
    Pacesetter
    Guest

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    It's preseason, ladies!

  7. #7
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,786

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He gets a shoulder popped out of place during a game which partially tears his rotator cuff. He then gets a groin injury during a game the very next season (Last season). This is JO, not stretch armstrong ... get a grip dude!

    Throw those two injuries out, I did not mention those in my post and they weren't factored into what I posted. I'm talking about the nagging injuries that he plays through but that adversly impacts his play.

    JO wears down after playing a number of games in a row and he gets hurt - he suffers nagging injuries and thern he doesn't play as well. That is why he usually plays his best games after he returns from injury. There is a definite pattern. He returns from injury, after two or three games to get his timing back he plays extremely well for about 10-15 games but then he gets hurt and he starts to struggle. He can't jump as high so his shot gets blocked more, his blocks go down. His shot suffers. That is why I truly want him to play 15-20 games and then sit out 5. That would help him a lot

    That is just JO.

    Another disclaimer: I don't base any of this on what he's going through right now, it is preseason and I don't read much into what is going on right now

  8. #8
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's preseason, ladies!
    Adding ladies to your posts doesn't make them more credible, it makes them less. The fact that its preseason and he is hurt is even worse. He isn't even being asked to be the go to guy, and play 35+ minutes and he is already breaking down, just like the last 2 preseasons.

  9. #9
    Pacesetter
    Guest

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Throw those two injuries out, I did not mention those in my post and they weren't factored into what I posted. I'm talking about the nagging injuries that he plays through but that adversly impacts his play.
    You mean when he was 20 lbs over his average of 242? Please advise ...

  10. #10
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    This is a bit interesting (taken from the Yahoo profile of JO - the News and Notes section):

    Oct 21 O'Neal didn't play for the second time this week because of a sore left hamstring. The Pacers swingman is considered day-to-day. Stephen Jackson scored 20 points and Danny Granger added 18 leading to questions about O'Neal's role on the team.

  11. #11
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Isn't he still above his weight. I was kinda out of the loop for a while, but I was under the impression for months he said he was going to drop weight and then just recently when he hadn't dropped all that much he changed his mind saying he needed to stay big to play in the post.

  12. #12
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a bit interesting (taken from the Yahoo profile of JO - the News and Notes section):

    Oct 21 O'Neal didn't play for the second time this week because of a sore left hamstring. The Pacers swingman is considered day-to-day. Stephen Jackson scored 20 points and Danny Granger added 18 leading to questions about O'Neal's role on the team.
    Yahoo just ports their articles from ESPN, so what do you expect. Its ESPN, I mean its got more errors than a President Bush speech.

  13. #13
    Pacesetter
    Guest

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adding ladies to your posts doesn't make them more credible, it makes them less. The fact that its preseason and he is hurt is even worse. He isn't even being asked to be the go to guy, and play 35+ minutes and he is already breaking down, just like the last 2 preseasons.
    My posts are not intended to be gospel truth, on the contrary like most of the crap I read in this forum, I'm just throwing shtuff against the wall to see if it sticks.

    If that sounds negative, it's supposed to be. Enough about trading players, at some point people need to get on board and ride the storm out, back the players and appreciate their efforts.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Supposed nagging injuries in preseason aren't worth debating. JO will be ready to go on Nov. 1. If he misses another 20 plus games this year (for the third straight year) then I'd hit him with the injury prone/glass doll tag.

    http://indycornrows.blogspot.com

  15. #15
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,786

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean when he was 20 lbs over his average of 242? Please advise ...
    I feel like I'm at work, with your "please advise".....(I'm not being critical it is just funny because I get that at work 4 or 5 times per day it seems)

    Yes I'm hopeful the loss of weight will help JO

  16. #16
    Pacesetter
    Guest

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like I'm at work, with your "please advise".....(I'm not being critical it is just funny because I get that at work 4 or 5 times per day it seems)

    Yes I'm hopeful the loss of weight will help JO
    Yeah, I take great pride in my ability to profile, thanks! lol

  17. #17
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cornrows View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Supposed nagging injuries in preseason aren't worth debating. JO will be ready to go on Nov. 1. If he misses another 20 plus games this year (for the third straight year) then I'd hit him with the injury prone/glass doll tag.

    http://indycornrows.blogspot.com

    You know people said his nagging preseason injuries the last 2 years didn't mean anything. Ooops. The fact is that if you have a what, 6 month break come back for a week and already hurting, not a good sign.

  18. #18
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,700

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And hes had alot more injuries than just his groin and shoulder.

    Wrist
    When ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Groin
    after playing to soon with an ankle at request of the coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shoulder
    not freak ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Knee
    LOL yeah that was wear and tear right ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foot
    when ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hamstring
    who hasn't ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Achilles Tendon
    wrong player
    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Flu
    You are joking here aren't you ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ETC
    Half of the above exist in your imagination only.
    The injury of JO atm is of no consequence, but since it is PRE seaons they do not want to take any risk.
    Now Tins is playing it becomes harder to biatch about anything, so we can concentrate on JO again, I wonder what it is with people that there is a need to bash our best player, and one of the best players in the league, is it their own inferiority complexes that they have to protect this way? I really dont know but I do know that it is almost sickening that after we had the shoot Jax threads we now have threads guessins on how many games our PG will miss and to whether we can agree that our best player is injury prone.

    Start by defining injury prone, then you will see that your entire premise is wrong to begin with.

    Secondly start praying heavily to be wrong, because this team without JO is absolutely aiming for the last spot in the league.

    Before annointing other players to be the stars of the future, let them get to the future first, in the present JO is by far our best player, a perennial All Star (something we never had in the NBA) and a potential MVP candidate.
    He has that palmares, earned, let's try and pay him the respect that comes with the territory
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  19. #19
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,700

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know people said his nagging preseason injuries the last 2 years didn't mean anything. Ooops. The fact is that if you have a what, 6 month break come back for a week and already hurting, not a good sign.
    maths, a problem, 2004 ECF was in what June ? he had till the start of Oct (at most 4 months) to rehab an overextended knee, not exactly an easy thing, whilst also trying to get in shape for the season.

    Ok 2005 you say ? 1 week more to rehab shoulder damage that I am sure we never heard the finer points about, but that it was very serious I do believe, again, whilst getting in shape, a hard job.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  20. #20
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    maths, a problem, 2004 ECF was in what June ? he had till the start of Oct (at most 4 months) to rehab an overextended knee, not exactly an easy thing, whilst also trying to get in shape for the season.

    Ok 2005 you say ? 1 week more to rehab shoulder damage that I am sure we never heard the finer points about, but that it was very serious I do believe, again, whilst getting in shape, a hard job.
    Maths not that strong a suit of yours. pacers were eliminated from the Playoffs the first week of May IIRC, and now its almost the first week of november. Oh so forgive me, a 5 1/2 month break from competitive basketball, how dare I round up a basic math skill.

  21. #21
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,148

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    You guys forgot "elbow". Doesn't JO always end up with his elbow wrapped fairly early in the season and it stays there?

    Bursitis?

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  22. #22
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,700

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maths not that strong a suit of yours. pacers were eliminated from the Playoffs the first week of May IIRC, and now its almost the first week of november. Oh so forgive me, a 5 1/2 month break from competitive basketball, how dare I round up a basic math skill.
    ok so we discount the 4 weeks of camp, yeah of course, it's only a month

    May 4 last game, October 3 opening of camp and all the time in between was a holiday right ?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  23. #23

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    I don't think you can look at pre-season injuries to judge a player. Most of those are just precautionary measures to make sure your ready for the season opening game. Its not real necessaryto play in the preseason if your at practice everyday, taking part in drills etc.etc. JO was hammered in Denver when he injured his shoulder. That injury most likely would have happened to anyone in the same situation. Pulling your groin can happen easily. I did it lifting up a box that weighed 20 lbs when my leg slid sideways out on a slick surface. NBA floors, many of them have ice underneath and that moisture makes it way up sometimes. His first 4 years he avg about 77 games the previous 2 were shortened by the 2 injuries and the suspension. For those of you that think we should trade JO, i'm sure the other 29 teams will be lined up to make their offer.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  24. #24
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    "Attention all shoppers!!! Customer 'Jermaniac' please report to the front of the store, your party is waiting for you!!"

  25. #25
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Can we finally agree on....

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ok so we discount the 4 weeks of camp, yeah of course, it's only a month

    May 4 last game, October 3 opening of camp and all the time in between was a holiday right ?
    It wasn't competitive basketball.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •