Thread: Players out there you'd like to go after...

streets ahead

Default Players out there you'd like to go after...

Of course, there are the obvious (James, Wade, etc...) but in thinking about trying to trade JT, SJax, Runi etc... who are some lesser-known names out there that you'd like to pursue that are feasible?

Here are a few that come to mind...

Jeff McInnis
    - he's in a weird place in NJ right now, so definitely available, we just can't fill any needs for NJ

Travis Diener
    - has had a really good pre-season but won't see playing time behind Arroyo and Nelson. They could probably use a shooting guard like SJax but we need to get rid of PGs before we bring others in

Alan Anderson
    - i think he could be a player in the granger vein, not as good but someone with high basketball IQ that is unselfish and can shoot.

Matt Carroll -
    great 3pt shooter, poor defender. more steve kerr than runi has been.

Default Re: Players out there you'd like to go after...

Travis Diener: I think he is an up and coming player and avaliable in Orlando with Nelson and Arroyo ahead of him at the point.

Antonio Burks: I've always liked his game. In training camp with the Heat and they are likely to keep Quinn. Burks is unproven, but to be honest i'd rather trade package up Sarunas and then hopefully have an open roster spot to sign Burks.

Tony Allen: Good athlete and tough.

Pacers Need A Better GM. !Pacers-Fan!'s Avatar

This Guy is Young, Athletic, And Could Hit The Threes...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldnt mind getting Luke Ridnour he'd be a great addition
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Personally, I'd rather have Brevin Knight.. that guy has pure point guard stamped on his forehead, and that's exactly what the Pacers need right now...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I'd rather have Brevin Knight.. that guy has pure point guard stamped on his forehead, and that's exactly what the Pacers need right now...
    I was reading about him in a fantasy draft preview story and the writer wondered why the Pacers had not traded for him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    I was reading about him in a fantasy draft preview story and the writer wondered why the Pacers had not traded for him.
    I think shipping either Cabbages or JT (and maybe even a pick) to Charlotte would be worth it for Knight.. he's probably one of the 6 or 7 best pure point guards in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    What do we have though that the Bobcats want? Or what are we willing to give that the Bobcats would want?

I don't see why they would want Sarunas or JT. Sarunas is a big downgrade from Brevin and JT might be more talented but he is a lot more expenseive and they already have a talented point guard in Raymond Felton. Brevin is a better fit for their team.

Maybe they would swap Knight for Foster but I don't think they need Foster with Okafor, May, Brezec, Ely, Voskuhl, and Harrington up front.

I don't think the Bobcats would be interested even if it was something like Saras plus Rawle Marshall. The Bobcats don't need a swingman. They have Gerald Wallace and Adam Morrison starting and Alan Anderson and Bernard Robinson are very solid off the bench IMO those 2 are underratted.

Maybe the Bobcats would take Saras plus a 1rst but I doubt it. I think that BK is much better than Saras and our pick will be given to the Hawks this year I think. So the Bobcats would have to wait for that first. Is it worth it? Probably not.