Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official STFU Thread About Jack Already ...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Official STFU Thread About Jack Already ...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somebody bump this thread the next game he goes 1 for 15. His averages don't lie.
    Seconded

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I guess I'm a hater.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

It's funny that in his best performances of the preseason came away from Conseco where he didn't have to deal with the booing. Not sure if that says anything or lays down any hints to those on here that boo him... STFU!

Everybody and their mother knows that Jack is a streaky shooter, so to those of you who added absolutely nothing to this thread except that little quip...

I also find it hilarious how he is an "average NBA player." Back it up with some stats next time.

I seriously question the intelligence of anybody that hates on a third option player who is forced to play as the primary or secondary option 90% of the time. Is it his fault that JT and JO are horribly injury prone NO.

He actually does pretty well, considering the circumstances. He averaged 22 PPG during a long stretch when JO is injured. He just shoots at a low percentage (most modern-day guards do). The offense isn't built around him, so when he's the #1 option, there isn't as much of a gameplan.

I think Jack's a decent player whose biggest on-court problem is he's particularly streaky. It's the baggage/side-show crap that he brings I'm tired of associating with the team I grew up loving.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Go ahead and sign me up for the "hater" camp if that's what you wanna call it.

He's just not that good of a basketball player. He's an average NBA player and there are at least 30 other non-elite perimeter players in this league that bring the exact same stuff to the table...that I don't hate.
    Fixed.

You can't go with this game and say "see, he's awesome" anymore than you could call him a total disaster before. He's streaky, we all know it, and that means living with the down nights and not reading too much into the good nights.

This is the 2nd game in a row where he kept his PPS above the 1.20 level, which is solid for a 3rd-4th option type making well under $10m a year. You want an SG that goes 1.35 PPS, spend the $15m and drop JO and have a weak inside presence instead.

Jack should be fine as long as the expectations of him are lower than those for JO, Al, Danny and Tinsley. People don't flip out when Jeff goes 0-3 and poses no threat to hit a jumper or even perhaps post-up, so there's no reason to flip out that Jack has as many flaws as Jeff. Both are guys at a similar level of talent, just in different areas.

Only one stat matters from the Minny game - EIGHT 3PA
    Love it. Good team discipline from the arc, no more trying to chuck their way back into games, and that certainly includes Jack. If he keeps his 3PA around 3-3.5 instead of 4.5-5 it will help his game and the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Fixed.

You can't go with this game and say "see, he's awesome" anymore than you could call him a total disaster before. He's streaky, we all know it, and that means living with the down nights and not reading too much into the good nights.

This is the 2nd game in a row where he kept his PPS above the 1.20 level, which is solid for a 3rd-4th option type making well under $10m a year. You want an SG that goes 1.35 PPS, spend the $15m and drop JO and have a weak inside presence instead.

Jack should be fine as long as the expectations of him are lower than those for JO, Al, Danny and Tinsley. People don't flip out when Jeff goes 0-3 and poses no threat to hit a jumper or even perhaps post-up, so there's no reason to flip out that Jack has as many flaws as Jeff. Both are guys at a similar level of talent, just in different areas.

Only one stat matters from the Minny game - EIGHT 3PA
    Love it. Good team discipline from the arc, no more trying to chuck their way back into games, and that certainly includes Jack. If he keeps his 3PA around 3-3.5 instead of 4.5-5 it will help his game and the team.
    Agreed, well unless hes hitting them, then he can shoot them.

Quote Originally Posted by qjbry
    I also find it hilarious how he is an "average NBA player." Back it up with some stats next time.

Are you really asking for this? Data showing Jackson's mediocrity have been posted over and over again on Pacers Digest.

His FG% of .41 is mediocre. His 3P% is worse than that. His points per 48 minutes is mediocre. The only thing Stephen Jackson was outstanding in last year was technical fouls, where he was 4th in the NBA.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter View Post
    To me this is the addition by subtraction. Jackson will do better with less expectations. We'll see, but I'm confident this to be the case, and if it is, I'm very happy for Jackson. The guy never had a criminal record. He is a very soft hearted guy underneath the hard image.
    Technically, it would be subtraction by addition, I think

This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    Are you really asking for this? Data showing Jackson's mediocrity have been posted over and over again on Pacers Digest.

His FG% of .41 is mediocre. His 3P% is worse than that. His points per 48 minutes is mediocre. The only thing Stephen Jackson was outstanding in last year was technical fouls, where he was 4th in the NBA.
    Jackson is above average in abilty, but every player that is simply above average is going to look worse when they are forced to be the cornerstone of a team. Hey just look at JO, without Ron Ron to prop him up, ehh.

Sports Logo

We know that SJax is a streaky scorer....we know that he is better suited as the 3rd scoring option then either a 1st or 2nd scoring option....some suspect that he will put up better "stats" as that 3rd option ( unfortunately...cuz of an oft-injured JONeal....we rarely have seen SJax as the consistent 3rd option ) and that most Pacer fans still have this "love-hate" relationship with SJax where he has to do a lot in order to change the mind of alot of "haters".

I forget...what was the point of this thread?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

If in the next couple of seasons we make it to the finals with Jack on this team, 5 years later we'll have a Stephen Jackson fan club on here just like we seem to have going with Jalen Rose. I still think it would be smart from a business standpoint to try to move Jack, but as a fan I don't want to see it happen.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    We know that SJax is a streaky scorer....we know that he is better suited as the 3rd scoring option then either a 1st or 2nd scoring option.
    Thanks, Hubie.

Gee - just when all the Jax talk was dying down - we not only get ANOTHER one but one with a fuse called STFU.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    Thanks, Hubie.

Just statin' my opinions until SJax prove me wrong.....

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    Gee - just when all the Jax talk was dying down - we not only get ANOTHER one but one with a fuse called STFU.
    Yeah...that's why I'm wondering what the point of the thread is....

I still want him gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    I still want him gone.
    And I want JO to give back the 8 million he'll make in the games he will miss this year, guess neither of us is getting what we want

Leisure Suit Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post

I wouldn't really say 16 pts, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 1 steal a game is mediocre.

Leisure Suit Larry

For the record its Jack, not Jax or S-Jax. Jack is his nickname according to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Fixed.
    I know it may be hard for yall to believe, but I really don't hate Stephen Jackson. In fact, I'd say he was undoubtedly the team's MVP last season. Without Jax being the anchor in our lineup through all the injury woes, we probably don't even make the Playoffs. And I think the determination and ability to play when he's legitimately injured throughout his career is borderline noble in a league where so few players have that willingness anymore.

That said, I just don't think he's particularly good. I said he's an "average NBA player" and that of course is wrong. He's an average NBA starter is what I mean and there are dozens of guys in this league with his skill set. Maybe if he still played defense like he did in SA or in his first few months here, it would be easier to take. But a marginably reliable outside shooter who can slash a little and struggles to effectively create his own shots through dribble pentetration who also brings nothing but average perimeter defense is just not a player I get too excited about.

I'm hoping he can play better. There are three things he couls do to significantly improve that in my opinion: A) get that FG% closer to 45% by taking fewer shots, B) stretch the floor with his 3pt shooting, and most importantly C) use his lesser role in the offense as a means to start expending more energy on defense.

If Jax can do those 3 things, then he will become very valuable to this team. So me being a "hater" only means I don't think he's capable of that. If he does, be sure to tell me that I'm an idiot.

All the side stuff (Rio,Brawl,Image) are business issues for the Pacers to deal with. And I could care less about that side stuff in my opinion of Jax. It makes him comical and slightly embarrising to me and that's about it. I thought he was a pretty average player with a bad contract before both of those things and still do now.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    Starting a thread about Jack is not going to cause people to STFU about him.... your STFU-cry is just going to cause less STFU'ing. So, STFU.

I can't believe it took 11posts for someone to point this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Suit Larry View Post
    For the record its Jack, not Jax or S-Jax. Jack is his nickname according to him.
    I didn't know people nicknamed themselves.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.