Thread: memphis trade

Default Re: Some quick random thoughts about the loss to the wolves....

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would like to officially welcome you aboard, you are about a year late, but you are here now and it is nice to have some company aboard what was a lonely train. Right now the only thing I see him good for is shotblocking, but he is rarely in the correct position so even that is few and far between. One thing he simply isn't good at is being a primary post-up guy, I can't figure out why, but when we throw the ball to him directly in a post-up he rarely scores, he gets into a wierd crouching position and tries to over power his guy and then throws up a weak shot that is almost always short.

The thing I've noticed that is different this season is his fire is gone. At least last year he had enthusiasm, he has a certain spirit about him, this preseason he has none of that. For whatever reason his shot has left him, and now we are left with a guy who is a good passer, but cannot do anything else even fairly well.

Just for sake of comparision, I went back and looked at the box scores of the preseason games last season.

And not that scoring is the best way to judge any player, but this is at least interesting. he played in all 8 preseason games and here are his minutes played and points scored.

23 - 8
    25 - 18
    24 - 9
    24 - 0
    21 - 10
    16 - 14
    20 - 2
    20 - 7

here is the link, did anyone remember Bender having 17 points in a game last preseason.
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/schedule/results_2005.html

I just want to say one thing, and it pains me to say this, I haven't been this unexcited (is that a word) about a Pacers season in about 17 or 18 years. There is this sense of dread, sense of doom that I don't think I've felt before - and I can't figure out why that is. I don't read much into preseason games (certainly not the results of the games) so I don't know why I feel this way.

There almost seems like there are three current Pacers teams. One I'm sick of, One I'm excited about, and one that is third string so I just don't think they'll play much - so I really don't care about them.

1) the team I'm sick of is Tinsley, Jackson, Saras, Harrison - JO, Granger, and Al. I just don't think the starters are going to work., Granger hasn't found his place yet - but he'll be fine, although it might be better if he came off the bench. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with JO and Al, but it just seems like when they are on the floor with Jax and Tins it seems to be same old same old .

2) team I'm excited about - Marquis, Armstrong, Greene, White, Granger,

3) team that I really don't care about right now - Hunter, Powell, White, Marshal. I care for the future but right now they aren't going to play much, except maybe White.

But more than anything the starters seem like a stale re-hash of last years team (although if the pacers went with a new backcourt it would seem like a totally different team).

Do you know what would get me excited - if we replaced Jax, JT, and Saras with DA, Marquis, and Greene - and by that I mean replace them in the starting lineup and as the primary backcourt players.

If someone told me right now the primary backcourt rotation would include Danials, Armstrong, Greene and White (meaning Jax, JT and Saras would not play at all)- that would make me very happy. And if that means the Pacers lose a few games they otherwise wouldn't, I could live with that. Because I believe that is the direction we need to go.

If the opening night starters were Greene and Marquis - I would stand and cheer We need to go in a new direction, a radically new direction. Does Carlisle have the guts to do that. (the problem is they are both injured right now, so it won't happen, but I think that would send a good message)
    I have the same feeling, only the players are different.

I hope the new direction will be without JO-Tinsley-Jackson, the supposed core of the team. I'm certain we can get a nice package for them now JO still has some value.

How about the following trade?

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Jermaine O'Neal
    6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
    20.1 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 35.3 minutes
    Stephen Jackson
    6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-1 PG from Iowa State
    9.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.0 apg in 26.7 minutes
    Incoming
    Damon Stoudamire
    5-10 PG from Arizona
    11.7 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 4.7 apg in 31.9 minutes
    Mike Miller
    6-8 SG from Florida
    13.7 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.7 apg in 30.6 minutes
    Pau Gasol
    7-0 PF from Spain (Foreign)
    20.4 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 4.6 apg in 39.1 minutes
    Change in team outlook: 0.0 ppg, +1.4 rpg, and +1.6 apg.

Memphis Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Damon Stoudamire
    5-10 PG from Arizona
    Mike Miller
    6-8 SG from Florida
    Pau Gasol
    Incoming
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Stephen Jackson
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-1 PG from Iowa State
    Change in team outlook: 0.0 ppg, -1.4 rpg, and -1.6 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Indiana and Memphis being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Memphis had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID
    Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario. The Trade ID for this scenario is 3387937.
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Some quick random thoughts about the loss to the wolves....

Quote Originally Posted by Alpolloloco View Post
    How about the following trade?

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Stephen Jackson
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-1 PG from Iowa State
    Incoming
    Damon Stoudamire
    5-10 PG from Arizona
    Mike Miller
    6-8 SG from Florida
    Pau Gasol
    Change in team outlook: 0.0 ppg, +1.4 rpg, and +1.6 apg.
    Man, what kind of whacky tobaccy do you think they are smoking in Memphis? Do the players have it in the armrest of their cars? Can you get me some?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Default Re: memphis trade

I'd do it.

I am a big time Damon Stoudamire fan. He has always been one of my favorites.

I like Mike Miller and I think he would be a great fit for this team.

I also like Pau. I think he is a good player. He is around the same level as Jermaine only much cheaper. Only you have to consider how this move would affect Al.

But this trade would never happen. No way these teams swap 3 starters now that TC has started. And Memphis wouldn't do it anyway. What reason do they have for making such major moves?

I think that if we trade Jermaine the only 2 likely destinations are Chicago, New York, or Golden State. Chicago could offer Deng+Brown+fillers and New York could offer Rose+Frye, but I have doubts that they trade Frye or take on Jermaine's salary. The Warriors have a lot of young talent to offer up like Pietrus, Ike, and Birednis.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

no thank ya.

...next.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    no thank ya.

...next.
    ...says Memphis.

Neither team would do it.

i would love it... i think Pau Gasol is a fantastic player and i also enjoy the way that Damon plays...

as much as i wouldnt want to see JO go i think i would rather have Pau and Damon... besides i want Tinsley and S-Jax outta here

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are you kidding me? I would never even consider that trade. Pau is a slightly better scorer, terrible defender and terrible rebounder for his size. Jermaine is worlds ahead of Pau. Incredible what a couple of injuries do to your reputation sometimes. Tinsley >>>>>>>>>> Stoudamire. Miller >> Jackson.