Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about the draft & scoring

Default Re: Questions about the draft & scoring

The way I think it works is this.

Each day you can re-set your lineup.

It would be better to make sure as many of your 8 "starting" players actually play that night. The system will lock in your lineup 5 minutes before the tip off of the first game, then total the points for your starters & your bench for that days games.

The following day you can change your lineup again, so as many of your players that play that night can be in your starting linup. The system will once again lock your new lineup 5 minutes before the tip off of that nights games, then once again total the scores for your starters & bench players for that days games.

Same for each day of the week.

Our games start on a Monday & end on a Sunday.

And if I'm reading this right, a player can only play a maximum of 3 games per week. They might not count a 4th game so if you have a guy playing a 4th game that week you might want to move him to the bench.

Since this is the first year here for all of us we're kindda learning as we go.

I hope this is correct, its how I understood the rules anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The way I think it works is this.

Each day you can re-set your lineup.

It would be better to make sure as many of your 8 "starting" players actually play that night. The system will lock in your lineup 5 minutes before the tip off of the first game, then total the points for your starters & your bench for that days games.

The following day you can change your lineup again, so as many of your players that play that night can be in your starting linup. The system will once again lock your new lineup 5 minutes before the tip off of that nights games, then once again total the scores for your starters & bench players for that days games.

Same for each day of the week.

Our games start on a Monday & end on a Sunday.
    Yep, that's how I understood the above answer to my email question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter
    And if I'm reading this right, a player can only play a maximum of 3 games per week. They might not count a 4th game so if you have a guy playing a 4th game that week you might want to move him to the bench.
    I'd think that if this would be the case, they would've mentioned it in their answer. (Or at least should've)

Where did you read that?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I must be dense, because I don't read it the way you guys do. When I read this, I don't see it as matching a daily linup change format:

Quote Originally Posted by NBA.com
    Warning: Any changes made to your lineup for any week of the season will override all changes made to future lineups. If, for example, you changed your lineup for week #20 and then change your lineup for week #15, your lineup for week #15 will be applied to all future lineups.
    Also, as I read the dates of our scheduled "games" it appears that we are on a Tuesday through Monday schedule.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Other question: the waiver wire list.

I get how you can claim a player, but the ranking of teams seems odd. Several teams which had high first-round draft picks are also high on the waiver wire list. How is that possible?

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post

I get how you can claim a player, but the ranking of teams seems odd. Several teams which had high first-round draft picks are also high on the waiver wire list. How is that possible?

Regards,

Mourning
    I'm sure that will sort out after the first week. most waiver wires are determined by W/L record and/or total FPPG.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Regards,

Mourning
    I'm not positive on this Mourning, but I believe the orriginal waiver priority list was just generated randomly. If anyone knows better, please correct me, but the current numbers don't seem to reflect anything but randomeness.

Regardless, going forward, the waiver priority will be set by "inverse standings" that get reset each week. (i.e., last place is 1, first place is 24). I'm guessing those with equal record will be ranked by "points for"

Below are the current waiver settings

Waivers Configuration
    Type:Waivers determined by Inverse Standings
    Deadline:None
    Waived players become free agents after:1 days
    Inverse Standings will be reset:Weekly
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    I must be dense, because I don't read it the way you guys do. When I read this, I don't see it as matching a daily linup change format:
    Has nothing to do with the scoring really. It just states that if you have, for some strange reason, already set your lineup for, say, November 28th, and then set your lineup for tomorrow, October 31th, the lineup of Nov 28 will be changed as well to the one of Oct 31. Just try it once.

I'm pretty convinced the scoring is as Jose says above, without the 3 games limit. You can change your line up every day, and every player that starts can score points.

Quote Originally Posted by LA
    Also, as I read the dates of our scheduled "games" it appears that we are on a Tuesday through Monday schedule.
    Only this week due to the start of the season being Tuesday. From then on we play from Monday till Sunday.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Ok. But, say you are going up in the overal league standings and people in front of you in the waiver wire use it ... then I assumed those team owners also get moved down, so if your team is doing well, but never uses the waiver wire it will get on top (atleast theoretically) once, right?

Thanks for clearing this up btw guys .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Ok. But, say you are going up in the overal league standings and people in front of you in the waiver wire use it ... then I assumed those team owners also get moved down, so if your team is doing well, but never uses the waiver wire it will get on top (atleast theoretically) once, right?

Thanks for clearing this up btw guys .

Regards,

Mourning
    Again, I'm not sure, but I think no. The settings say "reset weekly," and I don't think you can have both a weekly reset and a rotating priority based on usage.

I've never been in a league that doesn't "rotate on usage" but I know people who have and they often complain because they are on top and never get a chance at a good player on waivers because there priority is always too low. I'm guessing this league works like that.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

I don't know, Jay. I was first on the list, but then I claimed Jake Tsakalidis off waivers as my 12th pick, and now I'm not in the top 14 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    The answer:

It counts all games played that day for all players in a team's starting lineup

Congrats on getting an answer - I sent a message off over a week ago about that and they never responded.

I have received answers on other questions though.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    Congrats on getting an answer - I sent a message off over a week ago about that and they never responded.

I have received answers on other questions though.
    What can I say, you either have that talent to get an answer from Fantasy Services, or you don't.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't get the site to do anything. It takes me to a team page and league page nothing else. I'm unable to make any changes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    I can't get the site to do anything. It takes me to a team page and league page nothing else. I'm unable to make any changes at all.
    You aren't able to click on your team name and go to the roster page?

There, you should have a drop down choice next to each player to choose a position or 'bench'.

Mood

Each time i click submit- it take me back to originally team page. It will not process any move i try to make.

It will not let me access available players , nor access anything to change any settings of any type.

I had a similar problem when I had the page saved as a favorite and went to it from my favorites list. (Not the same, but similar).

Are you logged on? This might be a glitch where you are viewing your team, but you are not officially logged on so it is not accepting your changes.

I think I fixed it by signing out and logging in all over again by going to nba.com, clicking fantasy, etc. etc. It might be superstition, but I re-log in now every time I want to make a change.

Give it a shot.

Mood

Thank L.A. . I already tried that . I was a member of nba.com , before the leagues formed. No idea whats going on.

I'm just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks.

Are any of your players no longer on a roster? Like unsigned FAs or guys who were just cut?