Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to see Minny lose tonight?

Default Who wants to see Minny lose tonight?

I know I do...it would be classic

All the chatter about the 7 first round exits in a row would start to fly again

KG would lose his cool again and try to freak out Carmelo by hovering above him (see the end of game 3)

Denver's crowd would be going nuts - I mean nuts

thats what playoff basketball is all about! ed:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Who wants to see Minny lose tonight?

I know I do...it would be classic

All the chatter about the 7 first round exits in a row would start to fly again

KG would lose his cool again and try to freak out Carmelo by hovering above him (see the end of game 3)

Denver's crowd would be going nuts - I mean nuts

thats what playoff basketball is all about! ed:
    IMO, this game will decide the series.

If Minnesota wins, they take Denver's heart away and should easily finish them off in 5.

However, Should Minnesota LOSE, I believe the pressure will start to collapse on them, Denver (which isnt that far away from Minny talent-wise) will gain confidence, and I think Denver will upset Minnesota in 6 or 7 games.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Wow - wouldn't that be something?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I am rooting for minny...I really do feel sorry for them.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

flip

Minny is my choice = mater of factly, I've got them playing in the finals !!

None of it really matters to the Pacers, but if Minny loses this series, it'll be one more "contender" out of the Finals race.... so we'd get a bit more attention.

But I don't think I really want us to get any attention. It's kinda fun going under the radar, so long as we play a good team in the ECF [we will] and a good team in the Finals [we probably will] to give our potential ring some weight.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

we don't want any of the "contenders" out this early. we want them all in the conference semifinals beating each other up

let's see - if all the top seeds win, detroit plays nj, spurs play lakers, minny palys sacto. while we play the winner of the heat/hornets series. that's an obvious advantage

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

If your a Kings fan your rooting for it , but it will not make a intresting 2nd round matchup.

forget feeling sorry for them! KG is so hyped! He's the runaway mvp and blah blah blah! if he gets MVP and the Twolves exit...I'm GOING TO LAUGH! because it should be going to our boy JO.
    GO MELO!
    GO NUGGETS!

Mood

forget feeling sorry for them! KG is so hyped! He's the runaway mvp and blah blah blah! if he gets MVP and the Twolves exit...I'm GOING TO LAUGH! because it should be going to our boy JO.
    GO MELO!
    GO NUGGETS!
    If you flawed theroy was true then Carmello Anthony shoulda Won Rookie Of the year instead of Lebron

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

GO MELO!
    GO NUGGETS!
    If you flawed theroy was true then Carmello Anthony shoulda Won Rookie Of the year instead of Lebron
    IMO, Carmelo SHOULD have won ROTY over LeBron.

GO MELO!
    GO NUGGETS!
    No doubt about it.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

joro

GO MELO!
    GO NUGGETS!
    You got THAT right, Shademeister!

But then, Melo is NOT having a ROTY night tonight. Of course, neither is LeBron! ed:

What a chokejob by Spreewell. Pun intended of course.

Mood

What a chokejob by Spreewell. Pun intended of course.
    Denver Choked harder

Nice to see some things never change. Crime Spree is his usual sportsmanlike self.

What a huge ***.

I honest to God was hoping that Chris Anderson was going to reach over & poke Spree in the eyes & yell Wooooo after doing it.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

John Barry approached Sprewell and was jawing trash , spree just returned fire and I don't blame him

Hmm, it looked to me like Spree was the one who was talkin trash at the Denver bench, which Jon Barry took exception to. The team that loses doesn't usually initiate the trash talkin. While it was a punk move by Spree, it was an exciting moment and the emotions got the best of him. I think he got what he deserved for his lack of sportsmanship by the Denver fans who threw all of their beverages at him as he exited the building.

John Barry approached Sprewell and was jawing trash , spree just returned fire and I don't blame him
    Your kidding right? Asswell was standing & yelling at their bench after the game. All Berry did was walk out there & stand up to him.

Sportsmanship means almost nothing anymore.

Min. is the better team so why stand there & rub it in on Denvers home court. Slap five to each other, dance with each other, whatever. Just don't stand & yell at the fans of the team or the home bench.

Sorry, I'm just old & think that there is no place for that crap.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

doesn't matter from what has been said Denver has done there fair share of trash talking , my rule is if you wanna talk trash ..expect the trash to fly back and bite you at some point.

Oh and I seen Denver has some of the greatest fans in the world what class they showed throwing stuff on the Minny players ed:

well... Spree was yelling obscenities not only at the denver bench, but at the fans there as he was leaving. He got a nice shower of beer for the talk. I think he deserved every last drop of it. Though, I bet those fans that threw their beverages are wishing they hadn't, while they sit in the Denver lockup tonight.

It's just a game and if there feelings are hurt about it then maybe they shouldn't have started all that crap that they did in the newspapers.

Spree rules.

Southside_Pacer

I see some Rookie of the Year discussion has made its way into this thread. I'm in the minority here in thinking that it doesn't matter at all if Player A's team made the playoffs and Player B's team didn't make the playoffs. Kiki made it a better situation for Melo to walk into. There's more talent around Anthony than there is in Cleveland with James.

I always thought Rookie of the Year was about the rookie that had the most impact, had the better season, etc? It isn't about who goes to the playoffs and who doesn't. Just like MVP shouldn't be the best player on the best team. It's the most valuable player, despite the records and other intangibles.

LeBron had huge hype to fill, and he exceeded the expectations with leaps and bounds. His maturity on the court also went a long way.

Southside_Pacer

I also really didn't get to see the end of the game since the cable went out. Damn you Comcast.

Since I'm on a cable modem, my Internet connection also was out for over an hour. So what did the boys at TNT have to say about Spree's antics at the end of the game?

First of all Spre was entirely classless tonite...

Second I have to say that I'm really trying to like this guy Carmello but he's making it hard for me. First the fiasco earlier in the year where he refused to come back into the game... Now last nites game...

I kno you shot like crap, and I kno you wanna play and I know it sucks to be benched for the end of a playoff game but when ure team is making a run and basically making up for your misses in the last 4 minutes of a game you should show a little enthusiasm. He looked upset for the whole last 6 minutes of the game.

I know hes incredibly young, but hes ALREADY the go to guy on the team, and maybe not off the court but on the court he is the team leader and maybe unfair, but he needs to show more maturity than his age. With stardom comes responsibility.

That's why I feel LeBron was the rightful ROY. He made a larger impact on the court and pretty much did it all for the Cavs, and while he didnt make the playoffs, at one year younger showed superior maturity than Carmello. His only flareup was him going back and forth on the All-Star replacement issue, and that flaw did not affect his team or teammates, especially not during gametime.

Maybe I'm being a little unfair and definitely going off topic here, but thats just how I feel on the matter.