View Poll Results: Who will the be the first to knock off the Colts?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Redskins

    4 5.88%
  • @ Broncos

    13 19.12%
  • @ Patriots

    18 26.47%
  • Bills

    1 1.47%
  • @ Cowboys

    5 7.35%
  • none of the above; We're going 10-0

    27 39.71%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 165

Thread: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

  1. #26

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't understand how you can be so cocky and sure in that.

    Just not my style I guess.
    I thought that was pretty funny myself. That's the thing, we always find a way to overcome our shortcomings and keep the game close. Even when we're playing like we shouldn't be close. It's just how this team operates.

  2. #27
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't understand how you can be so cocky and sure in that.

    Just not my style I guess.
    Shh, I'm secretly a NE fan.

    I can't really say 100% the Pats will win because this is the NFL and crazy things happen. The Colts aren't a bad team at all and can beat the Patriots..but to many things go against the Colts. I'll go over them: The game is in Foxborough, The Colts have a tough time stopping the run and the Pats have a very good tandem of runners in Maroney and Dillon, and more importantly, The Colts historically have been awful against the Patriots for one reason or another. Peyton Manning just can't seem to beat the Patriots defense. If this game was in Indy, I'd say it was a toss up..but I really think the Pats will win. When the Patriots running-game is going at full speed, they are nearly unbeatable. When you stop the run, The Patriots aren't a very good team because Tom Brady has no weapons to go to except his TE's and Doug Gabriel.

  3. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Please, please, please dont kill us.

    If you want to knock our QB out for the season (assuming Boonell plays) then that is totally cool, hell I may even become a Colts fans for a while if you guys do that (not that I dont already root for them in the playoffs......)

  4. #29
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please, please, please dont kill us.

    If you want to knock our QB out for the season (assuming Boonell plays) then that is totally cool, hell I may even become a Colts fans for a while if you guys do that (not that I dont already root for them in the playoffs......)
    Whatever happened to Campbell from Auburn? I thought that guy was supposed to be a good QB.

    Brunell is washed up for the most part..but he ocasionally will put up a 300 yard 3 TD game and make people forget that. I was going to post he was washed up in that other thread even after the Skins destroyed Houston and beat Jacksonville..but I didn't feel like getting involved in that.

  5. #30
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shh, I'm secretly a NE fan.

    I can't really say 100% the Pats will win because this is the NFL and crazy things happen. The Colts aren't a bad team at all and can beat the Patriots..but to many things go against the Colts. I'll go over them: The game is in Foxborough, The Colts have a tough time stopping the run and the Pats have a very good tandem of runners in Maroney and Dillon, and more importantly, The Colts historically have been awful against the Patriots for one reason or another. Peyton Manning just can't seem to beat the Patriots defense. If this game was in Indy, I'd say it was a toss up..but I really think the Pats will win. When the Patriots running-game is going at full speed, they are nearly unbeatable. When you stop the run, The Patriots aren't a very good team because Tom Brady has no weapons to go to except his TE's and Doug Gabriel.
    Yeah, I know you are. But, it's not like we didn't just win there last year, and Peyton actually didn't play too bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please, please, please dont kill us.

    If you want to knock our QB out for the season (assuming Boonell plays) then that is totally cool, hell I may even become a Colts fans for a while if you guys do that (not that I dont already root for them in the playoffs......)
    Ha, thanks for being a semi-Colts fan.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  6. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whatever happened to Campbell from Auburn? I thought that guy was supposed to be a good QB.

    Brunell is washed up for the most part..but he ocasionally will put up a 300 yard 3 TD game and make people forget that. I was going to post he was washed up in that other thread even after the Skins destroyed Houston and beat Jacksonville..but I didn't feel like getting involved in that.
    Wait, what?

    Unless we made a trade today that I am not aware of, Campbell is still on our squad

    As for him being the QB of the future, that is yet to be seen.

    As for your second point, I said just that (almost word for word) at another forum I visit.

    Of course untill Gibbs gets over his man crush on Brunell it won't matter what the rest of us can see is obvious..

  7. #32
    Member Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Butler University
    Age
    26
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shh, I'm secretly a NE fan.

    I can't really say 100% the Pats will win because this is the NFL and crazy things happen. The Colts aren't a bad team at all and can beat the Patriots..but to many things go against the Colts. I'll go over them: The game is in Foxborough, The Colts have a tough time stopping the run and the Pats have a very good tandem of runners in Maroney and Dillon, and more importantly, The Colts historically have been awful against the Patriots for one reason or another. Peyton Manning just can't seem to beat the Patriots defense. If this game was in Indy, I'd say it was a toss up..but I really think the Pats will win. When the Patriots running-game is going at full speed, they are nearly unbeatable. When you stop the run, The Patriots aren't a very good team because Tom Brady has no weapons to go to except his TE's and Doug Gabriel.



  8. #33
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,260
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    I STILL REFUSE TO GET INTO THE TOM BRADY/PEYTON MANNING ARGUMENT!!!!

    And yes, PLEASE, knock Brunell out.
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  9. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I know you are. But, it's not like we didn't just win there last year, and Peyton actually didn't play too bad.


    Ha, thanks for being a semi-Colts fan.
    Hey, I have got to root for someone when the Skins are not in the playoffs, and as of late that is more times then not.

    Of course I did start off rooting for the Vikings when they had Cullpepper and Moss, but man that went downhill fast.

  10. #35
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I STILL REFUSE TO GET INTO THE TOM BRADY/PEYTON MANNING ARGUMENT!!!!
    What argument? Who's the second-best QB in the AFC behind Carson Palmer?

    Ignoring the three-game slump to start the season, Ben could probably make it a three-horse-race for AFC runner up.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  11. #36
    Member Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Butler University
    Age
    26
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section19 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What argument? Who's the second-best QB in the AFC behind Carson Palmer?

    Ignoring the three-game slump to start the season, Ben could probably make it a three-horse-race for AFC runner up.



  12. #37
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section19 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What argument? Who's the second-best QB in the AFC behind Carson Palmer?

    Ignoring the three-game slump to start the season, Ben could probably make it a three-horse-race for AFC runner up.
    Jay, I like what you have to say about basketball for the most part, but sometimes your posts about football are just completely laughable.

  13. #38
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section19 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What argument? Who's the second-best QB in the AFC behind Carson Palmer?

    Ignoring the three-game slump to start the season, Ben could probably make it a three-horse-race for AFC runner up.
    Carson Palmer? He hasn't proven anything yet on what he can do in the playoffs. Best QBs in the NFL go like this:
    1a)Brady
    1b)Manning
    ..
    ..
    ..
    2)Palmer..
    So on and so forth.

    And don't even bring Ben Roethlisberger into this. This is the same guy who had a 39 passer rating in the superbowl. That is absolutely hilarious. Ben is an average QB at best. If he was so good, he would be passing the ball more then 20 times a game (and winning). Of course, I can't really take much of what you say about football seriously when you consider every player on the Steelers the best of that position in the AFC. And when you say Brian Urlacher isn't a good linebacker.

  14. #39
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    I didn't say Urlacher isn't a good linebacker. I said he's not the best linebacker in football and I said (after amendments) that he'd be the third-best linebacker in the AFC North.

    He's good, but when Jerome Bettis can drag you five-plus yards into the end zone you're not "that" good.

    As for QBs, thanks for falling right into my trap. I figured it would be the Indy fans that would get here hook-line-and-sinker, not you guys.

    Passer ratings (ranked by AFC):

    2004

    1. Manning 121.1
    2. Brees 104.8
    3. Ben 98.6
    5. Brady 92.6
    11. Palmer 77.3

    2005

    1. Manning 104.1
    2. Palmer 101.1
    3. Ben 98.6
    6. Brady 92.3

    Yes, the SuperBowl and the first three games of this year, Ben didn't play well. You get the "what have you done for me lately" award for today.

    I can understand the argument that Brady is better than Manning, because Brady "wins the big games." In fact, I agree with that arguement.

    But if that's the case, the only team Pittsburgh doesn't beat in big games is New England. The Colts lose to both Pittsburgh and NE in big games. Cincinatti doesn't have enough big game experience. So if you're going to argue that Brady is better than Manning, then why isn't Ben at least in competition? He's 1-0 against Manning in the playoffs, his passer rating is better than Brady's, and like Brady, he's a winner. Its not Ben's job to pass the ball more than 20 times per game. He plays for Pittsburgh, remember? His team wants to run the ball as often as possible, and its Ben's job to to keep the defense "honest."

    Put Manning in Pittsburgh and tell him its his job to hand the ball off significanlty more than he passes it (for a team that doesn't spend much money on its receivers because it spends that money on linebackers)... how would that go over? Exactly? Just because Ben is a "system" quarterback in Pittsburgh doesn't make him any less of a QB.

    As for Palmer, he and Brady are the only quarterbacks that always give Pittsburgh real problems. Our pass defense bothers every quarterback in the league but them. That has to account for something.

    Jay's QB ratings would be:

    1. Palmer - can do it all and will win big in the playoffs sometime soon (if he'd been healthy, we'd be talking about the Super Bowl champion Bengals this season)
    2. Brady - has done it all and is still the favorite to win big in the playoffs
    3. Ben - has done it all as a system quarterback - still has question marks if he's not paired with a dominant running game (but also doesn't have ego/ expectations that gets in the way of a dominant running game)
    4. Manning - great regular season stats, doesn't win playoff games

    (PS, do you think I like admitting a Bengals' guy is the best QB? It hurts. Badly. My Dad and Brother are really enjoying this.)
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  15. #40
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Let's dispell this other rumor:

    Steelers' best at their position in the AFC:

    LG - Faneca (that's a consensus choice, isn't it?)
    ROLB - Porter
    LOLB - Hagans
    SS - Polamalu (that's also consensus, isn't it?)
    DC - LeBeau
    HC - Cowher

    That's it.

    My controversial choices are the LBs, where Joey and Clark don't put up huge stats because they are "system" LBs and the disruption they cause isn't measured by tackles, etc., but in how an offense has to account for them.

    I think Casey Hampton is absolutely vital to the Steelers' defense, but I'm not sure he's the best NT in the conference.

    Marvel Smith and Jeff Hartings are great OLs, but not the best in the conference.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  16. #41
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    You can't really call Polamalu the best safety in the AFC, consensus wise. There are plenty of very good safety's that are nearly as good as him if not as equally as good. Rodney Harrison, Ed Reed, and John Lynch are all as good as Polamalu in my eyes. I don't pay much attention to the Steelers with the exception of a few players so I don't know much about their defensive line. You can't really call Cowher the best coach in the AFC either. Not with so many greats coaching different teams in it.

    Your argument holds no ground with the QBs because Ben doesn't pass the ball alot. Peyton has an awful lot to deal with because they have no running game or defense, so other defenses know for a fact that he's going to pass the ball. They sit in dime and nickel packages all game forcing Peyton with tons of tough throws. With the Steelers, you know they are going to run it alot, and throw it every now and then to keep defenses honest. My point is this, If you put Ben on a team with no run game or defense, they are a team that loses 10-12 games a year. He may get better in the future, but right now..he simply isn't a top 3 QB in the AFC. Sure it's part of the system, but you can't really call him a better QB then...because the guy doesn't even throw 2/3's as many balls as Palmer/Brady/Manning. One thing I can admit is that Ben knows how to win games...even if his defense and run game have alot to do with it. He can make some very good throws when it matters. On a side note, I can't beleive your trying to argue that Manning isn't a top 3 QB on a Colts message board compared to Big Ben. That's a battle you can't win. I wont argue it for long because I don't care (I personally think Manning is a good QB, but a choker), but get ready to get flamed.

  17. #42
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    I've said for several years that Cowher is the best coach in all professional sports, and that includes the AFC the last I checked.

    Are there other great coaches in the AFC? Absolutely.

    Maybe Troy isn't the consensus SS. I can live with that.

    I was going to say that everything you've said about Ben also applies to Brady, but I guess he throws the ball a lot more than I think he does.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  18. #43
    Member Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Butler University
    Age
    26
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    LMAO, Ben better than Manning. I'm sorry, but that's just hilarious, and the ultimate in being a homer.

    I'd say that the two best are Peyton and Brady. Who's number 1 and who's number 2 changes from person-to-person. Palmer is beginning to enter the discussion, but isn't there yet. Ben isn't even close.


  19. #44
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,260
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Ben has had the best weapons out of all 3 QB's. Thats why he's not as good, he has the best crutches.

    His career he has had Hines Ward, Randle el, Bettis, Parker, his defense and his DC. And of course Cowher.

    He is not on the level of Brady, Manning, and Palmer.

    And Palmer's not on the level of Manning and Brady.

    And Brady is the best QB in the league.
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  20. #45
    StanCo NBA Consultants 4040's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    992

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    I'm not too keen on their chances @ Mile High.

  21. #46
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    The Colts have won like 27 straight meaningful regualar season games, I doubt we lose a game till we have homefield locked up. And if any team is going to do it before then it would be Jacksonville.

    So I say 10-0 just because out of those 5, the Broncos and pats scare me. But I mean I think our Pass D is good enough to stop brady enough. And the Broncos well we own the broncos.

  22. #47
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section19 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't say Urlacher isn't a good linebacker. I said he's not the best linebacker in football and I said (after amendments) that he'd be the third-best linebacker in the AFC North.

    He's good, but when Jerome Bettis can drag you five-plus yards into the end zone you're not "that" good.

    As for QBs, thanks for falling right into my trap. I figured it would be the Indy fans that would get here hook-line-and-sinker, not you guys.

    Passer ratings (ranked by AFC):

    2004

    1. Manning 121.1
    2. Brees 104.8
    3. Ben 98.6
    5. Brady 92.6
    11. Palmer 77.3

    2005

    1. Manning 104.1
    2. Palmer 101.1
    3. Ben 98.6
    6. Brady 92.3

    Yes, the SuperBowl and the first three games of this year, Ben didn't play well. You get the "what have you done for me lately" award for today.

    I can understand the argument that Brady is better than Manning, because Brady "wins the big games." In fact, I agree with that arguement.

    But if that's the case, the only team Pittsburgh doesn't beat in big games is New England. The Colts lose to both Pittsburgh and NE in big games. Cincinatti doesn't have enough big game experience. So if you're going to argue that Brady is better than Manning, then why isn't Ben at least in competition? He's 1-0 against Manning in the playoffs, his passer rating is better than Brady's, and like Brady, he's a winner. Its not Ben's job to pass the ball more than 20 times per game. He plays for Pittsburgh, remember? His team wants to run the ball as often as possible, and its Ben's job to to keep the defense "honest."

    Put Manning in Pittsburgh and tell him its his job to hand the ball off significanlty more than he passes it (for a team that doesn't spend much money on its receivers because it spends that money on linebackers)... how would that go over? Exactly? Just because Ben is a "system" quarterback in Pittsburgh doesn't make him any less of a QB.

    As for Palmer, he and Brady are the only quarterbacks that always give Pittsburgh real problems. Our pass defense bothers every quarterback in the league but them. That has to account for something.

    Jay's QB ratings would be:

    1. Palmer - can do it all and will win big in the playoffs sometime soon (if he'd been healthy, we'd be talking about the Super Bowl champion Bengals this season)
    2. Brady - has done it all and is still the favorite to win big in the playoffs
    3. Ben - has done it all as a system quarterback - still has question marks if he's not paired with a dominant running game (but also doesn't have ego/ expectations that gets in the way of a dominant running game)
    4. Manning - great regular season stats, doesn't win playoff games

    (PS, do you think I like admitting a Bengals' guy is the best QB? It hurts. Badly. My Dad and Brother are really enjoying this.)
    All in all I thought we were talking about who's the best of the QB's altogether. Not just the playoffs, but playoffs and the season.

    So if you put up Ben's stats and compare them to Peyton, Brady and Palmer, they're not as good, but still damn good. Ben's a hell of a QB, but so far he's not on the level the others are.

    Another thing, you're saying that Peyton wouldn't play in the system? If he was told he needed to run more than pass, he'd throw a fit? Come on, Jay. Peyton just wants to win, too. That's ridiculous, man.

    I also love how it's like the Colts have never won a playoff game with Peyton as QB, I can agree we've had plenty of playoff screw ups, but damn Peyton had one of his best games in the playoffs. Oh wait, it's Denver, and it's at home, I guess it doesn't count, eh?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  23. #48
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    You are, kidding me, you are holding Peytons stats in the playoffs against him yet you have Palmer first. The dude never even finished a playoff game.

  24. #49
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are, kidding me, you are holding Peytons stats in the playoffs against him yet you have Palmer first. The dude never even finished a playoff game.
    Yeah, I agree.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  25. #50
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All in all I thought we were talking about who's the best of the QB's altogether. Not just the playoffs, but playoffs and the season.

    So if you put up Ben's stats and compare them to Peyton, Brady and Palmer, they're not as good, but still damn good. Ben's a hell of a QB, but so far he's not on the level the others are.
    His stats are better than Brady's, and he's got a SuperBowl ring (yes, Brady has more rings, that's not the point.)

    I know you all are still laughing at me but you're not really taking the time to think here.

    If you include Brady because he's a winner, Ben's just as much a winner with better stats.

    Another thing, you're saying that Peyton wouldn't play in the system? If he was told he needed to run more than pass, he'd throw a fit? Come on, Jay. Peyton just wants to win, too. That's ridiculous, man.
    Does Manning want to win, or does he want to be the best QB ever. I think he's like Marino - more interested in being the best QB ever although winning is also important to him because he wants to have all of Marino's stats plus a championship (otherwise, he's just Marino version 2.0.)

    I also love how it's like the Colts have never won a playoff game with Peyton as QB, I can agree we've had plenty of playoff screw ups, but damn Peyton had one of his best games in the playoffs. Oh wait, it's Denver, and it's at home, I guess it doesn't count, eh?
    Denver is easy to beat in the playoffs. NE and Pittsburgh are not. If NE were healthy last year, the AFC Title game would've been played in NE, they would've beaten Pittsburgh, and would've extended their dynasty.

    Quote Originally Posted by D4G
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are, kidding me, you are holding Peytons stats in the playoffs against him yet you have Palmer first. The dude never even finished a playoff game.
    No, I explained in the previous post why I've got him #1.

    As for Palmer, he and Brady are the only quarterbacks that always give Pittsburgh real problems. Our pass defense bothers every quarterback in the league but them. That has to account for something.
    Pittsburgh can make Manning look average. Palmer still slices and dices through our defense? Why? Because he's better than Manning at reading the defense, even though he's not allowed to call his own plays. Only Brady plays as consistently well against Pittsburgh.

    Take away Ike Taylor's blown coverage on the first snap of the MNF game. Other than the short field after Pittsburgh botched the onside kick, they held the Colts to field goals and a last second touchdown last season. Manning, of course, forgot all about the running game, trying to beat the Steelers' defense with his arm. Bad idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizards' fan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ben has had the best weapons out of all 3 QB's. Thats why he's not as good, he has the best crutches.

    His career he has had Hines Ward, Randle el, Bettis, Parker, his defense and his DC. And of course Cowher.
    Are you kidding me. There's no way I'm going to argue the Steelers' receivers are better than either Indy's or Cincy's. At RB, during the Big Ben era (while Jerome has been in decline) I'd give the edge to NE and also Edge.

    I agree about LeBeau and Cowher, though. They're geniouses.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •