View Poll Results: Who will the be the first to knock off the Colts?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Redskins

4 5.88%
  • @ Broncos

13 19.12%
  • @ Patriots

18 26.47%
  • Bills

1 1.47%
  • @ Cowboys

5 7.35%
  • none of the above; We're going 10-0

27 39.71%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

Hybrid View

Default Who will give the Colts their first loss?

I've waited for the Titan debacle to wear off a bit. I've read the "I'm not impressed" and "Worst 5-0 team" threads. I agree with both. Now, when do we lose? I'm having a tough time seeing us win more than 3 of the next 5 games. I think we'll have a darned tough time against the redskins, the broncos won't be a pushover, but possibly the pats have the stuff to knock us off AGAIN. Have at it
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

sweabs

Default Re: Who will give the Colts their first loss?

Portis is going to eat us up alive, unfortunately. I just have a bad feeling about that game.

19-0

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Colts will have a tuff time in all 3 of the next games, and honestly all 3 are losable. If nothing else the Pats will beat them. They hae no chance against Dillon, Maroney and Faulk. O yea, and some guy named Brady.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They hae no chance against Dillon, Maroney and Faulk. O yea, and some guy named Brady.
    Riiiight

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    Riiiight
    Because in that game there will be four balls snapped on each play.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Mood

Run D + 3 headed monster = trouble for Colts
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Colts will have a tuff time in all 3 of the next games, and honestly all 3 are losable. If nothing else the Pats will beat them. They hae no chance against Dillon, Maroney and Faulk. O yea, and some guy named Brady.
    Same thing every week.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

How close were they to losing to the Titans? Or the Jags? Or the Giants? They can't survive all these close games every week. And NONE of those teams had the greatest QB in the NFL - Tom Brady.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

woman without a team

How close were they to losing to the Titans? Or the Jags? Or the Giants? They can't survive all these close games every week. And NONE of those teams had the greatest QB in the NFL - Tom Brady.

Close? Are we talking NFL or horseshoes? Close don't mean

How close were they to losing to the Titans? Or the Jags? Or the Giants? They can't survive all these close games every week. And NONE of those teams had the greatest QB in the NFL
    I thought Peyton plays for us .....

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

But Carson Palmer plays for the Bengals.

Brady might be the best "playoff QB", though. I'll give you that one.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Will as guaranteed ? Is that like the Skins will beat the god awful Titans today ? ... Or the Bengals Will beat the the Bucs today ?

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade View Post
    Will as guaranteed ? Is that like the Skins will beat the god awful Titans today ? ... Or the Bengals Will beat the the Bucs today ?
    They WILL have a tuff time in all 3 games.

Redskins SHOULD bench Brunell

Clayton DIDN'T score that TD.

STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    I thought Peyton plays for us .....
    Tom Brady is better than Peyton - don't be a homer.

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    LMAO Redskins actually DID lose to the Titans. Robertmto can no longer talk about football.
    :finger:

boooooooooooooooo
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

I wouldn't say/write Brady is better then Peyton. Brady had the PERFECT team the last couple of years. I'm writing the Perfect team, offense, defense and COACHING. The coaching the Patriots have is just remarkable. Put that coaching staff on any team they would have a winning ball club.

Now to the part who the colts are going to lose to. IF we lose to one of these teams it will be Denver. It is tough to go into Denver and come out a winner. Denver grinds the ball out and the Colts like a lot of possesions, they won't be getting many possesions like they are use to. Washington WILL NOT BEAT THE COLTS no way no how. DALLAS WILL NOT BEAT THE COLTS no way no how. Philly has a reasonable chance and Patriots have a reasonable chance. If I had to pick a team it would be Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31 View Post
    I wouldn't say/write Brady is better then Peyton. Brady had the PERFECT team the last couple of years. I'm writing the Perfect team, offense, defense and COACHING. The coaching the Patriots have is just remarkable. Put that coaching staff on any team they would have a winning ball club.
    So the Colts having 2 pro-bowl receivers and a pro-bowl RB for the past few years isn't the perfect offensive team? Give Brady those weapons and let's see what happens. He's working with a 38 year old veteran as his #1 receiver right now and they are winning games. Sure Brady had a defense, but he didn't have many weapons on offense.

As for the coaching, Losing your offensive and defensive coordinator, as well as your new defensive coordinator the next year? Bellicek didn't win in Clevland..in fact he sucked there. Give Brady some credit. He's led so many good 4th quarter drives in the playoffs that saved the Pats so many times.

I don't think they'll win the superbowl, but they will smash the Colts. Maroney and Dillon will run all over the Colts...not to mention Brady is the best clutch QB in the league. And you shouldn't be yelling at Robertmo about the Skins losing to the Titans. The Skins were missing both of their starting DT's and Travis Henry is a between the tackles runner..meaning he could go through the middle at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    So the Colts having 2 pro-bowl receivers and a pro-bowl RB for the past few years isn't the perfect offensive team? Give Brady those weapons and let's see what happens. He's working with a 38 year old veteran as his #1 receiver right now and they are winning games. Sure Brady had a defense, but he didn't have many weapons on offense.

As for the coaching, Losing your offensive and defensive coordinator, as well as your new defensive coordinator the next year? Bellicek didn't win in Clevland..in fact he sucked there. Give Brady some credit. He's led so many good 4th quarter drives in the playoffs that saved the Pats so many times.

I don't think they'll win the superbowl, but they will smash the Colts. Maroney and Dillon will run all over the Colts...not to mention Brady is the best clutch QB in the league. And you shouldn't be yelling at Robertmo about the Skins losing to the Titans. The Skins were missing both of their starting DT's and Travis Henry is a between the tackles runner..meaning he could go through the middle at will.
    I really don't understand how you can be so cocky and sure in that.

Just not my style I guess.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

I really don't understand how you can be so cocky and sure in that.

Just not my style I guess.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

LMAO Redskins actually DID lose to the Titans. Robertmto can no longer talk about football.

I didn't say Urlacher isn't a good linebacker. I said he's not the best linebacker in football and I said (after amendments) that he'd be the third-best linebacker in the AFC North.

He's good, but when Jerome Bettis can drag you five-plus yards into the end zone you're not "that" good.

As for QBs, thanks for falling right into my trap. I figured it would be the Indy fans that would get here hook-line-and-sinker, not you guys.

Passer ratings (ranked by AFC):

1. Manning 121.1
    2. Brees 104.8
    3. Ben 98.6
    5. Brady 92.6
    11. Palmer 77.3

1. Manning 104.1
    2. Palmer 101.1
    3. Ben 98.6
    6. Brady 92.3

Yes, the SuperBowl and the first three games of this year, Ben didn't play well. You get the "what have you done for me lately" award for today.

I can understand the argument that Brady is better than Manning, because Brady "wins the big games." In fact, I agree with that arguement.

But if that's the case, the only team Pittsburgh doesn't beat in big games is New England. The Colts lose to both Pittsburgh and NE in big games. Cincinatti doesn't have enough big game experience. So if you're going to argue that Brady is better than Manning, then why isn't Ben at least in competition? He's 1-0 against Manning in the playoffs, his passer rating is better than Brady's, and like Brady, he's a winner. Its not Ben's job to pass the ball more than 20 times per game. He plays for Pittsburgh, remember? His team wants to run the ball as often as possible, and its Ben's job to to keep the defense "honest."

Put Manning in Pittsburgh and tell him its his job to hand the ball off significanlty more than he passes it (for a team that doesn't spend much money on its receivers because it spends that money on linebackers)... how would that go over? Exactly? Just because Ben is a "system" quarterback in Pittsburgh doesn't make him any less of a QB.

As for Palmer, he and Brady are the only quarterbacks that always give Pittsburgh real problems. Our pass defense bothers every quarterback in the league but them. That has to account for something.

Jay's QB ratings would be:

1. Palmer - can do it all and will win big in the playoffs sometime soon (if he'd been healthy, we'd be talking about the Super Bowl champion Bengals this season)
    2. Brady - has done it all and is still the favorite to win big in the playoffs
    3. Ben - has done it all as a system quarterback - still has question marks if he's not paired with a dominant running game (but also doesn't have ego/ expectations that gets in the way of a dominant running game)
    4. Manning - great regular season stats, doesn't win playoff games

(PS, do you think I like admitting a Bengals' guy is the best QB? It hurts. Badly. My Dad and Brother are really enjoying this.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section19 View Post
    I didn't say Urlacher isn't a good linebacker. I said he's not the best linebacker in football and I said (after amendments) that he'd be the third-best linebacker in the AFC North.

He's good, but when Jerome Bettis can drag you five-plus yards into the end zone you're not "that" good.

As for QBs, thanks for falling right into my trap. I figured it would be the Indy fans that would get here hook-line-and-sinker, not you guys.

Passer ratings (ranked by AFC):

1. Manning 121.1
    2. Brees 104.8
    3. Ben 98.6
    5. Brady 92.6
    11. Palmer 77.3

1. Manning 104.1
    2. Palmer 101.1
    3. Ben 98.6
    6. Brady 92.3

Yes, the SuperBowl and the first three games of this year, Ben didn't play well. You get the "what have you done for me lately" award for today.

I can understand the argument that Brady is better than Manning, because Brady "wins the big games." In fact, I agree with that arguement.

But if that's the case, the only team Pittsburgh doesn't beat in big games is New England. The Colts lose to both Pittsburgh and NE in big games. Cincinatti doesn't have enough big game experience. So if you're going to argue that Brady is better than Manning, then why isn't Ben at least in competition? He's 1-0 against Manning in the playoffs, his passer rating is better than Brady's, and like Brady, he's a winner. Its not Ben's job to pass the ball more than 20 times per game. He plays for Pittsburgh, remember? His team wants to run the ball as often as possible, and its Ben's job to to keep the defense "honest."

Put Manning in Pittsburgh and tell him its his job to hand the ball off significanlty more than he passes it (for a team that doesn't spend much money on its receivers because it spends that money on linebackers)... how would that go over? Exactly? Just because Ben is a "system" quarterback in Pittsburgh doesn't make him any less of a QB.

As for Palmer, he and Brady are the only quarterbacks that always give Pittsburgh real problems. Our pass defense bothers every quarterback in the league but them. That has to account for something.

Jay's QB ratings would be:

1. Palmer - can do it all and will win big in the playoffs sometime soon (if he'd been healthy, we'd be talking about the Super Bowl champion Bengals this season)
    2. Brady - has done it all and is still the favorite to win big in the playoffs
    3. Ben - has done it all as a system quarterback - still has question marks if he's not paired with a dominant running game (but also doesn't have ego/ expectations that gets in the way of a dominant running game)
    4. Manning - great regular season stats, doesn't win playoff games

(PS, do you think I like admitting a Bengals' guy is the best QB? It hurts. Badly. My Dad and Brother are really enjoying this.)
    All in all I thought we were talking about who's the best of the QB's altogether. Not just the playoffs, but playoffs and the season.

So if you put up Ben's stats and compare them to Peyton, Brady and Palmer, they're not as good, but still damn good. Ben's a hell of a QB, but so far he's not on the level the others are.

Another thing, you're saying that Peyton wouldn't play in the system? If he was told he needed to run more than pass, he'd throw a fit? Come on, Jay. Peyton just wants to win, too. That's ridiculous, man.

I also love how it's like the Colts have never won a playoff game with Peyton as QB, I can agree we've had plenty of playoff screw ups, but damn Peyton had one of his best games in the playoffs. Oh wait, it's Denver, and it's at home, I guess it doesn't count, eh?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    All in all I thought we were talking about who's the best of the QB's altogether. Not just the playoffs, but playoffs and the season.

So if you put up Ben's stats and compare them to Peyton, Brady and Palmer, they're not as good, but still damn good. Ben's a hell of a QB, but so far he's not on the level the others are.
    His stats are better than Brady's, and he's got a SuperBowl ring (yes, Brady has more rings, that's not the point.)

I know you all are still laughing at me but you're not really taking the time to think here.

If you include Brady because he's a winner, Ben's just as much a winner with better stats.

Another thing, you're saying that Peyton wouldn't play in the system? If he was told he needed to run more than pass, he'd throw a fit? Come on, Jay. Peyton just wants to win, too. That's ridiculous, man.
    Does Manning want to win, or does he want to be the best QB ever. I think he's like Marino - more interested in being the best QB ever although winning is also important to him because he wants to have all of Marino's stats plus a championship (otherwise, he's just Marino version 2.0.)

I also love how it's like the Colts have never won a playoff game with Peyton as QB, I can agree we've had plenty of playoff screw ups, but damn Peyton had one of his best games in the playoffs. Oh wait, it's Denver, and it's at home, I guess it doesn't count, eh?
    Denver is easy to beat in the playoffs. NE and Pittsburgh are not. If NE were healthy last year, the AFC Title game would've been played in NE, they would've beaten Pittsburgh, and would've extended their dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by D4G
    You are, kidding me, you are holding Peytons stats in the playoffs against him yet you have Palmer first. The dude never even finished a playoff game.
    No, I explained in the previous post why I've got him #1.

Pittsburgh can make Manning look average. Palmer still slices and dices through our defense? Why? Because he's better than Manning at reading the defense, even though he's not allowed to call his own plays. Only Brady plays as consistently well against Pittsburgh.

Take away Ike Taylor's blown coverage on the first snap of the MNF game. Other than the short field after Pittsburgh botched the onside kick, they held the Colts to field goals and a last second touchdown last season. Manning, of course, forgot all about the running game, trying to beat the Steelers' defense with his arm. Bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizards' fan
    Ben has had the best weapons out of all 3 QB's. Thats why he's not as good, he has the best crutches.

His career he has had Hines Ward, Randle el, Bettis, Parker, his defense and his DC. And of course Cowher.
    Are you kidding me. There's no way I'm going to argue the Steelers' receivers are better than either Indy's or Cincy's. At RB, during the Big Ben era (while Jerome has been in decline) I'd give the edge to NE and also Edge.

I agree about LeBeau and Cowher, though. They're geniouses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section19 View Post
    Pittsburgh can make Manning look average. Palmer still slices and dices through our defense? Why? Because he's better than Manning at reading the defense, even though he's not allowed to call his own plays. Only Brady plays as consistently well against Pittsburgh.
    Are you kidding me? This is how you measure players? Like playing Pitt is the only thing that matters. Maybe Palmer just has Pitt's number, you act like flukes like that will never happen.

I guess if this week Vick rushes for 200 yards, and throws for 2 TD's as well, suddenly he's the best QB in the NFL.

Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    Are you kidding me? This is how you measure players? Like playing Pitt is the only thing that matters. Maybe Palmer just has Pitt's number, you act like flukes like that will never happen.

I guess if this week Vick rushes for 200 yards, and throws for 2 TD's as well, suddenly he's the best QB in the NFL.

Get real.
    Lighten up, Francis.

Palmer's numbers aren't significantly different than Mannings, and he can read a blitz much better than Manning can.

I'm sorry that you guys are seriously underestimating Palmer. He's the real deal, though. I'm willing to predict he wins a SuperBowl before Manning does (*if* Manning ever does).