Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Draft discussion thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Draft discussion thread

Just a quick update everyone. My wife and newborn son are just fine, everyone is healthy, and if all goes according to plan we will be coming home Saturday afternoon. Thanks for understanding everyone.

travmil, congrats commish

Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    travmil, congrats commish
    Yep.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Congrats

Leisure Suit Larry

I updated my roster on yahoo by picking up the players that I drafted. That's alright isn't it?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Suit Larry View Post
    I updated my roster on yahoo by picking up the players that I drafted. That's alright isn't it?
    Really? I wasn't aware that would work. That makes everything a TON easier if so. Everyone just go to Yahoo and pick up those players you've drafted and ONLY those players you've drafted and we'll be good to go. I'll send out a PM to that effect (to everyone but Larry). Oh and I'm back guys. My son and I watched our very first Pacers game (and a win at that) together last night, and are watching our first Colts game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Well, I don't know travmil's preferences. I don't know why Trich sent me his...I'll make Trich's pick and then travmil said to skip him so...yeah...
    You were the lucky random choice - I knew Travmil would be away for a couple of days, so I thought I should add in someone else. Thanks for making the pick!

Mood

OK. We've obvioulsy had a misinterpretation of my PM here. Players have been picked up as free agents that have not yet been picked in the draft. As of right now, I've locked everyone from making any drop/adds and I'm going to fix the rosters. The people that were picked up and not yet drafted will have to be dropped to waivers by ME and won't be available for pickups until a two day waiting period has expired. Hopefully I locked everyone out in time.

[edit] On first look it's not going to be that hard to fix. [/edit]

[edit2] I think it's fixed and everyone is free to start adding their players again. If I missed something please let me know, and report any and all problems to me via PM. I should be able to fix most any roster problem. And remember, add with care. [/edit2]

Since our season starts tonight, are we going to stick with the draft our can we just pick up our last player?

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    Since our season starts tonight, are we going to stick with the draft our can we just pick up our last player?
    Anybody know the answer? Should I just pick up my last guy?

I dunno...I just realized I really do have an empty spot. I'm used to playing with three bench spots so this all seemed natural.

I want to drop a player I drafted and pick up another. Can I do this yet?

Seriously, shouldn't we just stop the draft and pickup whomever we need now since we are playing games?

Leisure Suit Larry

I'm fine with that. Who really cares at this point about who they get?

Yeah...so are we picking up guys are just drafting...I'm feeling a bit screwed here...

Yeah...so are we picking up guys are just drafting...I'm feeling a bit screwed here...

I think we are forgeting about the rest of the draft and picking up/dropping players at will.

Mood

I think we are forgeting about the rest of the draft and picking up/dropping players at will.
    Who said anythign about doing that? That's not fair if you pick up someone who another manager would have liked to draft. Once again, YOU SHOULD NOT PLACE ANYONE ON YOUR TEAM WHO YOU DID NOT DRAFT IN THE DRAFT THREAD!!!!! I think I've been pretty clear on this.

For example, I've just made my last official draft pick, but I still have one empty roster spot due to being skipped while my son was being born. I'm waiting until after the fdraft to fill it because that would be unfair to fill it now and grab a player that someone else was going to draft after me.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Who said anythign about doing that? That's not fair if you pick up someone who another manager would have liked to draft. Once again, YOU SHOULD NOT PLACE ANYONE ON YOUR TEAM WHO YOU DID NOT DRAFT IN THE DRAFT THREAD!!!!! I think I've been pretty clear on this.

For example, I've just made my last official draft pick, but I still have one empty roster spot due to being skipped while my son was being born. I'm waiting until after the fdraft to fill it because that would be unfair to fill it now and grab a player that someone else was going to draft after me.

I'm sorry if I stepped on toes. Since we were playing for real now and the game was going in full swing and I wanted to make some moves, I didn't know what to do in regards to making the nessesary moves. I asked on this thread, and I assumed you saw the multiple posts I made since you had signed in after I posted. I assumed that your silence meant you approved. I understand your situation and understand why you couldn't reply right away. It is extremely obvious that a new child comes first. The game was going on, I wanted to make a move, I didn't hear anything, so I acted.

I would also point towards the understanding that we were going to stop the draft early and pick up our last player off of waivers back when we thought that the games would start on week one. Since it was cool then (and no one had any objection when I suggested it again) I assumed it was cool.

I appologize.

i was wondering, where the hell is lord helmet, he hasnt change his line up in weeks

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Miller4ever View Post
    i was wondering, where the hell is lord helmet, he hasnt change his line up in weeks
    Really? I hadn't noticed. I know he's around because I see him sign on to Xbox live all the time. I'll shoot him a PM. He may have just lsot interest.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Really? I hadn't noticed. I know he's around because I see him sign on to Xbox live all the time. I'll shoot him a PM. He may have just lsot interest.
    Yeah, I kind of have, I'm sorry. I'll get on to it and try to keep up with it.

Hey, I did win the fantasy pick'em thing, though, I think.

And, trav, you need to get your Xbox account to Gold so I can hit you up on Gears of War.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Yeah, I kind of have, I'm sorry. I'll get on to it and try to keep up with it.

Hey, I did win the fantasy pick'em thing, though, I think.

And, trav, you need to get your Xbox account to Gold so I can hit you up on Gears of War.

Just an FYI, you can set every single lineup from today to the end of the season in advance if you wanted to, so if you don't want to check it very often you can set up your entire week on Monday if you prefer.

Just an FYI, you can set every single lineup from today to the end of the season in advance if you wanted to, so if you don't want to check it very often you can set up your entire week on Monday if you prefer.
    Btw, I can't believe you picked up Rashard Lewis. We might as well pencil you on for the championship...those are the clutch moves that win you the key games in April. Gotta have patience...

Btw, I can't believe you picked up Rashard Lewis. We might as well pencil you on for the championship...those are the clutch moves that win you the key games in April. Gotta have patience...

We'll see. Billups is still out for a few more weeks, so I have two dead spots. I just got waxed 1-8 by Miller4ever. Hopefully I've built enough of a lead in the playoff race that I can hold on to Lewis.

I guess I'm saying that I'm fielding trades for Lewis.

Mood

We'll see. Billups is still out for a few more weeks, so I have two dead spots. I just got waxed 1-8 by Miller4ever. Hopefully I've built enough of a lead in the playoff race that I can hold on to Lewis.

I guess I'm saying that I'm fielding trades for Lewis.
    With as bad as my team is doing I couldn't afford to hold on to him for 2-3 months, especially when I had already done the same thing for Gasol. I had to let him go. I figured someone who could afford to do it would carry him.

My guys continue to underperform in every league - Yao Ming gets injured, David ****ing West, Rasheed Wallace has been a disappointment - at least Luol Deng was okay for a while. And now I have Mutombo and Mikki Moore on my team, so things are looking up?