Thread: NBA to offer games online through subscription package (ESPN.com)

Post NBA to offer games online through subscription package (ESPN.com)

Some 40 NBA games will be available live online each week as the league extends its television subscription package to the Internet.

More...

Default Re: NBA to offer games online through subscription package (ESPN.com)

I thought this was going to be the day they had an "online edition" of League Pass, but it's the same thing that was there last year. Guess ESPN missed it.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So, you still have to already have LP through cable or dish?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought this was going to be the day they had an "online edition" of League Pass, but it's the same thing that was there last year. Guess ESPN missed it.
    Does this constitute talking to yourself, or should I consider you guys to be two separate entities?

To bad it is not available in Canada. We do have NBA team and there is no chance of getting NBA LEAGUE PASS which really sucks .

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you can't get your local team, I fail to see the point. Did anyone else see the blurb at the bottom that they base the blackouts on your billing location, meaning that I couldn't even go to Los Angeles and use my laptop to watch a Pacer game.

This should make some people happy!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Calgary Jazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To bad it is not available in Canada. We do have NBA team and there is no chance of getting NBA LEAGUE PASS which really sucks .
    I know; it makes no sense to me at all.

There is an NHL package, MLB package, NFL package, and even an NCAA package........but nothing for the NBA. It just makes no sense to me because there is definitely people out there willing to purchase the product.

Would anyone be willing to tell me their League Pass password?

Sports Logo

travmil:

But if you give them LA as your billing adress you could watch the Pacers on your laptop in Indy.

And while its "not available" outside of the US if you get a subscription with a billing adress in the US you will be able to see the games outside of the US.

I dont understand why they wont sell you online league pass instead of only giving it for free to the people who already have league pass. I like the free service but I watch the games on my tv not the computer. Someone in say England would get a lot more out of an online league pass than I would.

NBA is missing the target and the option here NIG time, as usual they are the last to drag their feet into the new era, (they are noticably the last to get "online" to begin with) and then they miss whatever opportunity there is.

As an example, NFL sells "!yahoo-league-pass" to ANYONE, ANYWHERE in the world (ok $ 29.95 a week is "overpriced" to say the least and since this is the NFL there are "cheaper" solutions, but still it IS available.

I would GLADLY pay $ 179 for a season of "online-leaguepass" and the NBA would in one go make (in my estimates) 20 - 40 million dollar extra.

But then again, their respective "national" NBA sites are pathetic as well, so bad I now offered 5 times (about every 6 months) to run it for them in exchange for a few play-off finals tickets

They don't even answer the email.......

Stern stayed to long, he is out of touch, and a non-techie on top of that, let Cuban spout some ideas, wanna bet it would improve ?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!