Thread: Dallas trades

Default Dallas trades

What do you like or dislike most about the Dallas trades?

If you consider that we, in effect, traded AJ and Cro for Quis, Powell, Marshall and Armstrong, I think we got the best of it by a mile.

Quis, Powell and Marshall are all young and getting better. Cro and AJ are moving toward the downside of their careers. Cro has some injury problems too.

Quis >> AJ and Powell >= Cro

With that said, we get Armstrong and Marshall to boot.

...and with Jack being out, Quis and Marshall become more valuable assets to us. ...and I love Powell's overall game.

Yes, I like it.

Default Re: Dallas trades

The trade exception we got from the AJ trade also allowed us to take on John Edwards' contract (boo!), which was a requirement by Atlanta in order to get Harrington (yeah!). Next to getting Quis, that might've been the most important element of the Dallas trades.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We all were confused when Donnie traded AJ for Daryl, but I'm really glad we made that move. The main reason is that I think Daryl will be great for the lockerroom. JO will get all the leadership credit if things are going the right way, but Daryl is going to be our engine this season, regardless of whether or not he plays much. I think he, along with Jermaine, is keeping this team focused through all of this, and I hope he's our next head coach.

Not to mention that we got Powell who I think is going to be a big time diamond in the rough and will start for us some day.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

After seeing these guys play, I say that these trades were the real highlight of the summer.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to mention that we got Powell who I think is going to be a big time diamond in the rough and will start for us some day.
    Yes, Powell was a pickup. He reminds me of not only Haslem, but of a young Charles Oakley. Oak used to have an excellent spot up jumper, played solid D and rebounded well. If Powell develops, he could be that kind of player.

You can't just take overall ability into account. Without AJ we lack a dependable PG.

Daniels has played some and might be an option, but I am sick and tired of MIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    You can't just take overall ability into account. Without AJ we lack a dependable PG.

Daniels has played some and might be an option, but I am sick and tired of MIGHTS
    It's a pity indeed we can't depend on Tinsley (because of his health) but fortunately we have Jasikevicius who will be a fine replacement as starter (and VERY dependable too)!

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post

AJ was dependable because he stayed healthy, he could defend and he became capable of bringing the ball up the court against light pressure. He is a loss in that sense. ...and it is true that Saras and Tinsley have not met all of that criteria.

However, Saras and Tinsley are healthy and much better from a talent standpoint at the PG position. We also have Armstrong who is a true PG and should not be considered a MIGHT. Quis, Greene and White are additional options who were not available last year and bring things that AJ does not to the table. I am not at all worried about the PG position this year.

Sports Logo

Losing AJ is a gain for the Pacers. Sort of like when Curry was finaly cut. The fact that Rick would use AJ over Sarunas should have gotten the Pacers brass to get rid of AJ sooner. Not that Sarunas is the answer either. He is not a NBA ready pg.

If Tinsley goes down this year we will still be in a better position than we were last year just because Rick wont be able to lean on AJ and his turtle offense.