Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird did NOT want Jackson at practice today

Default Bird did NOT want Jackson at practice today

On WTHR they just said that Jackson got out of court in time to go to practice, but Larry Bird said he didn't want him to come to practice.

What the hell is that?

I'm not much for reading into the actions of team officials, but this does sound extremely strange.

Any thoughts?

**Edit** Also they had the camera on Jackson when he got word he wasn't to go to practice. He didn't seem happy at all, and said he wanted to know why he couldn't be there.

-- Steve --

Default Re: Bird did NOT want Jackson at practice today

Here is what I posted on another thread

Not sure what thread to put this in. I was just watching WTHR, Channel 13 news and Jackson wanted to practice but Bird told Jackson attorney No.

Jax atty told Jax and Channel 13 showed Jax's reaction and he wasn't too happy. 13 just happended to be there. No comments from Bird, but Jackson's atty told Stephen that Bird did not want him at practice today. We then see Rick saying he doesn't know when Jax will be at practice, maybe tomorrow

Interesting

Combination of two things: I would imagine TPTB are consulting with their lawyers to see what the Pacers options are.
    Also Bird probably wants Jax to regroup a little first

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Because we don't want distractions?

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is what I posted on another thread

Not sure what thread to put this in. I was just watching WTHR, Channel 13 news and Jackson wanted to practice but Bird told him no.

Jax atty told Jax and Channel 13 showed Jax's reaction and he wasn't too happy. 13 just happended to be there. No comments from Bird, but Jackson's atty told Stephen that Bird did not want him at practice today. We then see Rick saying he doesn't know when Jax will be at practice, maybe tomorrow

Interesting
    Maybe its the way that you worded it.......but do you mean that Bird told SJax directly that he didn't want him in practice today?

or

Did Bird tell SJax's attorney that he didn't want him in practice and then the attorney told SJax?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Maybe its the way that you worded it.......but do you mean that Bird told SJax directly that he didn't want him in practice today?

or

Did Bird tell SJax's attorney that he didn't want him in practice and then the attorney told SJax?
    Sorry, I assume Bird told Jax attorney, because the atty told Jackson and that is what channel 13 showed. Maybe it is up on WTHR.com

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    Because we don't want distractions?

Or because the judge ordered Jackson not to have contact with anyone involved in the incident?

I'm looking forward to the split practice thing.

Rick, "OK - Jamal, Marquis, Snap - it's time for Stevie to practice. Why dontcha all grab me a triple latte? There's this place in Kokomo that makes them just the way I like 'em. And stay away from the nudie bars while you're gone."

And yes - I'm mocking your pain.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Yeah, Jax didn't know why he couldn't be at practice. If he'd have gotten the call I'd imagine he'd have already asked at least.

I think Rick saying he didn't know when he'd be back was weird too.

I really don't know what to make of this, but I'm certainly seeing signs he may not be around long, one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    Or because the judge ordered Jackson not to have contact with anyone involved in the incident?

Yep. And it's odd that Jackson responded that way. Maybe he didn't listen to the judge, or he was expecting to get time by himself at Conseco today.

They specifically said that Bird said it, not the judge.

Also Jackson was in court, I'd imagine he'd have heard if the judge had ordered it.

Not to mention his lawyer was standing there as Jax is saying "I want to know why I can't practice", and I think the lawyer listed close to the judge, and his lawyer would have set him straight on why if it was that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post

Also Jackson was in court, I'd imagine he'd have heard if the judge had ordered it.

The judge did order it. That's what DK and I are saying.

So you guys really think the judge called Bird, and Bird called Jax's lawyer. Yet, the judge didn't tell Jax, or his laywer while they were there in court today?

There is no common sense in this line of thought.

Not to mention his lawyer was standing there as Jax is saying "I want to know why I can't practice", and I think the lawyer listed close to the judge, and his lawyer would have set him straight on why if it was that simple.

OK - the judge ordered Jackson to not have contact with principle witnesses.

As far as I know, none of the other players were principle witnesses to the actual fight.

I'd leave them out of the trial nomatter which side I was representing.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

There could be a lot of reasons. Like Bird does want Jackson to regroup a little, getting a clarification on the judge's orders, weighing team and league options, not wanting disruptions as the team has to make cut decisions. I don't think they are all that ominous.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

"Judge Patricia Gifford told Jackson not to contact witnesses or others involved in the case. Gifford entered a not guilty plea for the Pacer."-IndyStar

LA, It seems to me like any of the Pacers involved would be key witnesses. Snap saw enough to be a key witness for sure. He was the one who threw Jackson's gun back into the car after he fired it off. And the other players saw the fight as well (maybe not Daniels..I'm not sure), though nobody is claiming to have seen Jackson firing his gun.

Like ABA says, it might not be an ominous thing. Just trying to abide by the law, though it still doesn't explain Jackson's response. ::shrugs::

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    OK - the judge ordered Jackson to not have contact with principle witnesses.

As far as I know, none of the other players were principle witnesses to the actual fight.

I'd leave them out of the trial nomatter which side I was representing.
    Yeesh. The quote from the article was:
    Judge Patricia Gifford told Jackson not to contact witnesses or others involved in the case.
    Considering all three other players gave statements I'd say they're involved.

However, if this is based on my post I sure wish people would learn what the word, "mock" means along with the use of the icon.

IMO Bird and Walsh haven't figured out what to do about all this yet and would just as soon SJ stays away until they do. And for this one sentence, I'm not mocking or using emoticons.

That does nothing to explain why he, nor his laywer would know anything about this, yet Bird would. If it was the case, they'd have known walking out of court, without Bird's phone call.

The judge has Bird's celly number. They're tight like that, yo.

I'm sitting here in California and I know. Larry and Donnie are Jackson's bosses, so they definitely know.

If you read Donnie's comments from yesterday, you'd know that he's being informed in the same way we are.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd probably say that there are about 10,000 casual Pacers fans willing to walk away from them if Jack every wears a Pacers jersey again. Right now it is pure business IMO.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I'm sitting here in California and I know. Larry and Donnie are Jackson's bosses, so they definitely know.

If you read Donnie's comments from yesterday, you'd know that he's being informed in the same way we are.
    Yet, Jackson, and the person he pays thousands of dollars to know, don't?

Again, as I said this theory makes no sense with what was said by WTHR.

IMO Bird and Walsh haven't figured out what to do about all this yet and would just as soon SJ stays away until they do.

This is a fairly safe assumption.

Now, unless any of us has read the court order word for word, we don't know what limitations are there. And neither do the Pacers administration. Further, even if there are limitations and those do impact Jackson's role on the team, Jackson's attorney and even the Pacers's attorneys can file motions for clarification, amendments, exceptions, etc etc etc.

"Don't contact people associated with the case" is usually phrased "do not discuss the case with anyone involved." And USUALLY that means principal witnesses of fact, as officially declared by the prosecutor and the defense team heading in to trial. There's a lot of wiggle room everywhere.

So you guys really think the judge called Bird, and Bird called Jax's lawyer. Yet, the judge didn't tell Jax, or his laywer while they were there in court today?

There is no common sense in this line of thought.
    There were two separate items.

1.The judge told Jackson not to have contact with any others involved in the case.

2. Bird told Jackson's attorney that he did not want Jackson to attend today's practice.

Clearer now?

There IS a possibility that TPTB were informed of what the judge had ordered and, pending a clarification by the court, did not want to risk Jackson violating that order by having him at practice with Daniels and Tinsley.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    There were two separate items.

1.The judge told Jackson not to have contact with any others involved in the case.

2. Bird told Jackson's attorney that he did not want Jackson to attend today's practice.

Clearer now?
    Oh my god, some of you don't listen.

I'm sure at 12:15 as Stephen Jackson walked out and was told that he couldn't practice by BIRD, that Bird was more aware of what happened in court than Jacksons own laywer who's job it was to be there and represent him.

If that was the case, Jax's attorney would have been calling Bird to tell HIM he can't come to practice. Not the other way around. Not to mention his own laywer was standing right next to him as he didn't understand why he couldn't practice, but his lawyer is too stupid to tell him "because of the judges restrictions" if that were the case? Silly.

I give up, if you guys can't see it, you're blind as hell.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yet, Jackson, and the person he pays thousands of dollars to know, don't?

Again, as I said this theory makes no sense with what was said by WTHR.
    They probably were just thinking in terms of the Willford Brothers.

The judge told SJax to avoid contact with any material witnesses, and that presumably includes anyone that was in the parking lot at that time. Hence, three of his teammates.

I think he's going to find out later tonight he's suspended indefinitely with pay, although the pay will probably go into an escrow account pending the outcome of the case. No inside source, just a hunch.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The term "blind ignorance" is going to be thrown around alot here in the near future.

Jax can;t practice because he's not allowed to be in contact with Snap, Marquis and Tins.

And Dino and Fingers.

STARBURY

08 and Beyond