Thread: FYI: Pacers scheduled to be on NBATV's Real Training Camp - Friday

Default FYI: Pacers scheduled to be on NBATV's Real Training Camp - Friday

The Pacers are scheduled to be featured on NBATV's Real Training Camp Friday at 1:00 - 3:00 and then re-aired at 6:00 - 8:00 PM Friday evening. (eastern time)

My guide reads, "Behind the scenes with the Indiana Pacers and the Portland Trail Blazers"

Word of warning though, I am expecting to see a lot more of the Blazers than of the Pacers. Last year the Pacers were part of a half-hour show with another team and the Pacers were on for about 8 minutes. Pacers usually don't grant much access. (One might ask why the Blazers and the Pacers are being shown on the same show)

So far only the Wizards, Nuggets, Hornets, and the Nets have been featured on Real Training Camp. And for whats it worth, I'll rank the coaches from best to worst.

1) Lawrence Frank
    2) George Karl
    3) Byron Scott
    4) Eddie Jordan.

That is just based what I saw in the two hour practice that was shown

Default Re: FYI: Pacers scheduled to be on NBATV's Real Training Camp - Friday

Awesome! Thanks for the news.

That's how I'd rank the coaches, too, after seeing them. Frank has a great basketball mind.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awesome! Thanks for the news.

That's how I'd rank the coaches, too, after seeing them. Frank has a great basketball mind.
    I don't know if I'd rank tham that way overall, I was just commenting on seeing and hearing these 4 coahces during the practice that I saw.

Karl yells the most
    Scott is the funniest
    Jordan gets frustrated
    Frank teaches the most

Thanks for the heads up

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Looking forward to it.

I need more basketball to distract me away from ... well ... the BIG DISTRACTION.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

LA, I assume you got your Directv and LP situation cleared up and you were able to see the pacers game last night

Yes sir - it was the best 2 hours I've had in a while (in the daytime)

The 7:00 home games are on here at 4 in the afternoon. It's a great mid-day break.

I don't know which of the 10 things I did that fixed my LP, so I'm woefully incapable of helping the next person that has a problem, other than have them do the 10 things in the order that I did them.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

That would be so wierd to have a Pacers game on at 4:00 on a weekday, but then I'm sure after you live on the west coast for awhile having a game start at 10:30 at night seems even stranger to you.

I want to make another comment about these practrices. One thing that is very underrated is the practice demeanor of players, especially the start players on each team.

Jason Kidd is fantastic during practice, full of energy and very helpful to the younger guys. Vince Carter has a very lazy attitude and just seems like he'd rather be any place else but at practice.

Carmello Anthony is a lot like Vince Carter, seems like he is bored.

Chris Paul was great at his practice in terms of attitude and energy. Gilbert Arenas was also pretty good.

I think this is a very underrated type thing to fans and media, but I'm sure it isn't underrated to coaches and it has to rub off on their teammates.

Hopefully my DVR is recording. Can't wait to see this when I get home.

I'm getting the Trailblazers. And wow, they suck even in practice.

It's supposed to be Blazers and Pacers split time. I hope the Pacers get a good amt. of time on there.

woman without a team

My guide says it's only about Portland.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

im sure the pacers told them they werent interested in having them there today due to all the jackson media coverage.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My guide says it's only about Portland.
    Mine too.

So the Pacers weren't on at all? Sorry everyone. My guide still says the Pacers and Blazers.

Sixers playing the Suns right now

It's only listed as the Blazers on NBA.com......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

It's okay, UB. My guide said Blazers and Pacers too. Meh.

sweabs

My guide also says Blazers / Pacers. Oh well.