Thread: Pacers Jackson facing jail time?

Post Pacers Jackson facing jail time?

The Indiana Pacers' Stephen Jackson may not have caused the fight, but police say he admits jumping into it, firing his gun and kicking a man who was being pummeled on the ground.Comment

More...

Default Re: Pacers Jackson facing jail time?

The most interesting situation would seem to me to be that he is convicted, but is given no jail time, only probation, which really does seem fitting for what we know at the moment. The big question then is, what does a conviction do to his Michigan probation? They've said it didn't matter because there were NO CHARGES. Now there are charges. What next from Michigan? And all he had to do was comply with the terms of the probation, pay some money for cryin' out loud, and his probation would be over.

Here's another scenario. Jax2 pleads out to lesser charges, again a conviction, but no jail time. What happens to his Michigan probation?

Man he's in some deep doodoo here.

EDIT: HEY, but he passed Anger Management with flying colors.
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead Warrior View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The most interesting situation would seem to me to be that he is convicted, but is given no jail time, only probation, which really does seem fitting for what we know at the moment. The big question then is, what does a conviction do to his Michigan probation? They've said it didn't matter because there were NO CHARGES. Now there are charges. What next from Michigan? And all he had to do was comply with the terms of the probation, pay some money for cryin' out loud, and his probation would be over.

Here's another scenario. Jax2 pleads out to lesser charges, again a conviction, but no jail time. What happens to his Michigan probation?

Man he's in some deep doodoo here.

EDIT: HEY, but he passed Anger Management with flying colors.

He faces at worst 90 days jail time in Michigan but Channel 8 reported last night that they won't pursue anything until the stuff in Indiana is resolved. (that could change of course but that is what's being reported as of now

His jail time in Michigan is dependent on whatever the Prosector's Office in Michigan decides to do.

Period.

They may decide whether he's convicted here has some bearing on that - or they may not.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

If the terms of Jackson's probation state something about specific actions if specific things happen, such as being convicted of another crime while on probation gets your probation revoked and your suspended sentence executed, or a specific amount of jail time (as it appears is the case here), the prosecutor would be remiss in not following through on that.

I'm sorry, but if his terms of probation say that he spends 90 days in jail for getting convicted of another crime while on probation, especially after he hadn't complied with other terms over the course of a year and got probation extended another year, he had DAMN WELL better have to serve 90 days.

I know if it was regular old me, regardless of having a good job and a family to feed, I would be serving 90 days and rightfully so. Let this crap happen in my county and see what our justice system would do with it...

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER