Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CH 13 teaser: Why Reggie Miller Blames Rick Carlisle for the Strip Club Fight

Default CH 13 teaser: Why Reggie Miller Blames Rick Carlisle for the Strip Club Fight

So, I'm watching Studio 60, and a local news teaser comes on. After the aligators in downtown Indianapolis, and the Bank Robbing Granny (I **** you not on both counts), they have audio that I can only assume is from Reggie on Dan Patrick saying, "First of all, shame on Rick Carlisle", followed by them saying "Why Reggie Miller blames Rick Carlisle for the strip club fight."

Now, I didn't hear the show, but judging from Magic Rat's thread, I assume Reggie said something like "Shame on Rick Carlisle for not having hard enough practices. In my day we were too tired to go clubbing."

How in the hell can they equate that with Reggie blaming Rick for what happened? Seriously. God I'm pissed right now. Eh, what else should I expect from the news gathering partner of RATS.

Admins, feel free to move or delete as you see fit. Just needed to vent. Idiots.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Default Re: CH 13 teaser: Why Reggie Miller Blames Rick Carlisle for the Strip Club Fight

I think it's best Reggie keeps his mouth shut in regards to stuff he doesn't know about. And last night they had a teaser about "You'll be surprised at what Vince Young did after the Colts game". For some reason I watched for 45 minutes and never saw it.

Default Re: CH 13 teaser: Why Reggie Miller Blames Rick Carlisle for the Strip Club Fight

Free post.

Yes and Studio 60 was great tonight but that tease by WTHR made me very angry

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nothing like the cut-n-paste media....gotta love 'em.

They just teased it again, channel 8 did the same thing. They played part of Reggie's comments and then teased the part about blaming Rick.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe there's more to it than just the comments made to Dan Patrick?

I think that somebody could have a very interesting arguement here. That Rick's "country club" way of addressing his previous "bad people skills" reputation is putting the team in jeopardy from the other direction.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section19 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe there's more to it than just the comments made to Dan Patrick?

I think that somebody could have a very interesting arguement here. That Rick's "country club" way of addressing his previous "bad people skills" reputation is putting the team in jeopardy from the other direction.

I don't know about that, everything I've heard is that this camp has been very tough. I think it is idiotic for Reggie to blame Rick for this, but I don't think Reggie was 100% serious in his criticism of Rick.

Reggie is sky high on my list...and I agree largely with what he is saying...but it's just not his place to say it. ...or is it? He is an analyst now, isn't he. ...but I still don't like it.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I don't know about that, everything I've heard is that this camp has been very tough. I think it is idiotic for Reggie to blame Rick for this, but I don't think Reggie was 100% serious in his criticism of Rick.
    One afternoon practice per day, in town. This isn't training camp. Its like sending a white-collar criminal to a low-security "country club".

Its not all Rick's fault, I know. League rules are league rules. But still...

My coaches would've had a half hour conditioning session (read: running laps) in the am and a 2.5 hour practice later.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2618878

^ there is the audio clip for ESPN Insiders...

p.s - if you are an insider could you upload that somewhere id love to hear it.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Now, I didn't hear the show, but judging from Magic Rat's thread, I assume Reggie said something like "Shame on Rick Carlisle for not having hard enough practices. In my day we were too tired to go clubbing."
    Minus the in my day part, that's pretty much what he said.

http://espnrad.vo.llnwd.net/o10/espn...10092006_8.mp3
    I downloaded it. this should work for everyone

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Reggie should watch what he has to say. Maybe he was took out of context or was joking around, I haven't heard exactly what was said. He might be my favorite Pacer player ever, but I'm a Pacer Fan first and don't appreciate him making a bad situation worse. They are grown men, Rick is not responsible for what they are doing at 3am.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Pacesetter

I think he's right about Rick, and have felt this way for quite a long time. Rick has been supra soft on these guys. Like Reggie said the practices should be so hard that they just want to sleep when they're over. The players shouldn't want to go hang at a strip joint til 3 something in the morning. C'mon!

Rick's been a wimp since he's been here and that's probably not going to change, because his idea of being harder is by dictating every play and being rigid, which is the last thing you want to be with a group of guys like we've got on the Pacers. The players have got to really like him, and respect him in order for them to do what he asks them to. If he says no "afer's" then that means no "afer's!"

Reggie didn't say anything that didn't need to be said!

So you all get to watch training camp and practices yourself, allowing you to bash Rick on this issue, huh?

Didn't I read somewhere that new rules state that teams can only practice 3 hours a day? And as a result many teams, including the Pacers, choose to do it in one long block as opposed to breaking it up into to smaller sessions. How can you blame a coach for not having enough practices when the rules dictate otherwise?

I don't care how you cut this, 4 grown men chose to go to a club, well within their rights to do so. No, I don't like the fact that guns were fired and drugs were found. And was this the most responsible behavior? No. But you would think the way the media is playing this out that Tinsley and Jackson were pushing dope at Club Rio, and a business deal went very wrong. At which point, Jackson pulled out his 9 and began his own version of the final scene from Scarface right there in the middle of the joint. "Say 'ello to my little friend!"

This isn't the brawl. This isn't Ron Artest demanding a break or to be traded. This was a mistake that has been blown way out of proportion.

Remember, now the NBA only allows 3 hours of practice per day max. I don't know if that was in the last CBA agreement or what, but 3 hours isn't that much for someone who has their body in decent condition even if they are working their butt off the whole time. Sure, Reggie was tired after two-a-days in training camp. 6+ hours of practices do it to you...but now with a 3 hour max there is only so much that can be done...

Quote Originally Posted by Rinuven View Post
    This isn't the brawl. This isn't Ron Artest demanding a break or to be traded. This was a mistake that has been blown way out of proportion.

It's BECAUSE of the brawl that this is being blown out of proportion.

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    So you all get to watch training camp and practices yourself, allowing you to bash Rick on this issue, huh?

Remember one of #91's complaints about Rick was that he was too soft?

Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7 View Post
    It's BECAUSE of the brawl that this is being blown out of proportion.
    Is it? Blown out of proportion I mean - I agree with you about the brawl being a big reason this is getting so much attention.

I think we all understand the concept of an isolated incident. That's why folks are much more willing to forgive Daniels, Snap and even Tinsley (though he was involved in The Brawl it was pretty minimal compared with Jackson).

However with Jackson, it's not an isolated incident - it's a continuation of poor judgment and a pattern of violent behavior. If he'd been a model citizen to this point and something like this happened I think most people would say, "Well, he screwed up but let's not rail on him too much - everyone makes mistakes and hopefully he'll learn from this one."
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I seem to recall Dale Davis and his posse getting into some trouble during training camp at around 2 or 3 in the morning back when either Brown or Bird was the Pacers coach, and I don't recall Reggie criticizing the Pacers coaches for having easy practices. And I don''t recall Reggie abandoning his teammate.

(I admit I forget what the incident was and I think it was more Dale's brother, but I tyhink Dale was awake at a very late hour)

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post

However with Jackson, it's not an isolated incident - it's a continuation of poor judgment and a pattern of violent behavior.
    I'm not a Jackson fan, but I have a hard time saying he has a pattern of violent behavior. He wasn't the first one in the stands in Detroit. He went in after a friend, which, right or wrong, I may very well have done the same thing. I can't say for sure, I've never been in that situation. I took much more exception to Jack's behavior BEFORE he went into the stands than after.

He gets hit by a car. Was he picking a fight with the car? I don't see how this constitutes violent behavior. "But he was firing a gun." Yeah, up in the air. If I were about to be hit by a car, I would be shooting AT THE CAR. That would then have been something to talk about. Sounds to me like it was a guy just trying to scare off someone who was barreling down on him with a couple thousand pounds of metal.

I'll give you a pattern of poor judgement. But again, I wouldn't describe Jack as a thug or anything like the picture the media is painting. I'm not saying the brawl or this latest incident are minor things and easily brushed aside, but it's gotten way overboard. He hasn't lead the league in technicals. He hasn't put other players on the sideline or in the hospital from cheap shots. He lets his mouth get the best of him, sure, but he's not like a Haynesworth or even Artest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinuven View Post
    I'm not a Jackson fan, but I have a hard time saying he has a pattern of violent behavior. He wasn't the first one in the stands in Detroit. He went in after a friend, which, right or wrong, I may very well have done the same thing. I can't say for sure, I've never been in that situation. I took much more exception to Jack's behavior BEFORE he went into the stands than after.
    He was arrested, convicted and is on probabtion for assault and battery.

And out of everyone at this latest incident - including 3 other players, Stephen Jackson is apparently the only one who:

A) Was punched
    B) Pulled out a gun
    C) Was struck by a car

I suppose the last 3 were unfortunate coincidences due to his attempts to defuse the situation. After all, we know he'd rather play peacemaker than, say, run around pulling at his jersey trying to incite someone at an NBA game or running into the stands and start randomly beating on anyone who happened to be within reach.

As I've said, there are a lot of things here which make me question just how well self-defense will stand up if Fingers and Dino are ever found. Key among these is that Jackson apparently had time to run to his car and grab a gun in the middle of this and that he fired a shot before he was struck by the car.

If he had no prior convictions that would be one thing but in this case he better hope his self-defense holds up because if it doesn't, he won't just be paying a fine.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Let's see, you are on probation in one state for assault (don't argue the wrongness/rightness I'm stating the fact)

and yet you are packing heat in another state. It doesn't appear they are going to do so, but I think Michigan COULD revoke probation over the report of carrying a weapon.

So while on probation you continue to carry...dumb, dumber, and damm dumb.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Banned

Indygeezer,

So you have inside knowledge of the terms of Jackson's probation? Or are you just assuming he was not allowed to carry a firearm. Or maybe the LAW prohibits the State of Michigan from stopping Jackson from carrying a firearm in other States.

Back to the subject at hand.....

Reggie can criticize the players all he wants over this. They made a mess and are going to take some heat, deserved or not, but to take shots at Rick over this is pathetic. Reggie is quickly becoming the next Boob Krapitz. Just throwing crap out there whether there is any merit to it or not.