Thread: This is the worst 5-0 team I have ever seen

Default Re: This is the worst 5-0 team I have ever seen

Bears suck
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you watched any of the games? Grossman has been playing like a top 3 QB all season. He gets taken out at the middle of the 3rd in nearly every game..so he could potentially have even better numbers. He makes them the best in the league..Along with another great season from Thomas Jones.
    Grossman is having a good year and deserves some credit.... but he aint sat down in the third quarter of a game yet.

Griese played the entire 4th last Sunday.

Griese came into the Seattle game with 6 minutes remaining in the game.

Griese came in the game with 7 minutes remaining in the game against the Bears.

And during all of that time Griese threw 5 passes. Because all they were doing was running the ball to kill the clock. So even if Grossman would have stayed in the game his numbers would not have been much different, because the game situations called for running the ball and killing the clock.

Keep it real man.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    As for the Colts, the only way they will win in the playoffs is if their defense starts showing up. Travis Henry and Lendale White destroyed you guys this weekend..let me stop and re-iterate that to you. TRAVIS HENRY!!! I would hate to see what a talented back would do to your defense right now. Unless the Colts run defense drastically improves, the Colts will lose in the first game of the playoffs. It doesn't matter of Joseph Addai or Dominic Rhodes start playing out of their mind. If your defense can't stop the likes of Travis Henry, you are in some very serious trouble.
    I guess you missed the Manning Bowl during week 1.......

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I guess you missed the Manning Bowl during week 1.......
    Yep.

Although we still need to keep focusing on improving the defense.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by naptown View Post
    Grossman is having a good year and deserves some credit.... but he aint sat down in the third quarter of a game yet.

Griese played the entire 4th last Sunday.

Griese came into the Seattle game with 6 minutes remaining in the game.

Griese came in the game with 7 minutes remaining in the game against the Bears.

And during all of that time Griese threw 5 passes. Because all they were doing was running the ball to kill the clock. So even if Grossman would have stayed in the game his numbers would not have been much different, because the game situations called for running the ball and killing the clock.

Keep it real man.
    So I exagerated a bit..but he came out of the game at the start of the 4th against the Bills. Even if they had handed the ball of for the best of the game, I wouldn't have been surprised to see Grossman with a few more goal-line TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    Bears suck
    Man you nailed it square on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section19 View Post
    Without Grossman, they are barely a top-twenty team even though they'll win that awful division.
    And I could say the exact same thing about the Colts without Manning.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Smooth View Post
    No you couldnt..... because I aint too sure we would win the division without him....

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Big Smooth View Post
    You may be right, as two of the five worst teams in football also play in the AFC South. But in spite of Houston and Tennessee, Jacksonville is a legit team, unlike the collective terrible-ness of GB, Detroit, and Minnesota.

Yes, I'm putting Oakland as the sixth-worst team, and that might be the nicest compliment they get all year.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section19 View Post
    You may be right, as two of the five worst teams in football also play in the AFC South. But in spite of Houston and Tennessee, Jacksonville is a legit team, unlike the collective terrible-ness of GB, Detroit, and Minnesota.

Yes, I'm putting Oakland as the sixth-worst team, and that might be the nicest compliment they get all year.
    reading your comments in this thread Jay shows me that you put alot of bias in your opinions about football. I too never really thought the Bears were that great, but Clark Haggans and Joey Porter are better than Urlacher? Give me a break. Just imagine how good Urlacher would be with the freedom of a 3-4 outside linebacker. Urlacher can play pass coverage pretty damn well and he definetly has the speed to rush the passer. I highly doubt Clark Haggans could play MLB in a 4-3 with nearly as much effectivness as Urlacher.

How could you at any point in the season not see the Raiders as one of the 5 worst teams in the league?

And is Tennesee worse than Cleveland? I'd take Houston over Cleveland. But it seems to me you overrate Cleveland because they are in your Steelers division. It makes you feel that the Steelers are tougher because they have to face 3 "tough" teams twice a year. I'm sorry but the Steelers are no longer world champs, they're nothing but an 8-8 non-playoff team.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeesh, Tennessee and Texas both improved a heck of a lot from October to December, and Cleveland fell apart. At that time - in early October - they'd played competively against NO, Baltimore and Carolina.

As for moving Haggans inside, yeah I agree he'd suck as either a MLB, RILB, or LILB. He's not big enough, for one thing. Thank God we've got Farrior (who was pretty damn good in a 4-3 for the Jets although he's in decline now) and Foote - who gets no attention whatsoever from the opposing offenses so he's usually free to make more tackles than our other LBs but isn't really "better" than them) at the ILB positions. If Farrior wasn't getting old, I'd take him over Urlacher as an ILB in a 3-4 in a heartbeat.

In fact, I don't think Urlacher would be especially good in a 3-4. He needs to be able to cover the entire field from sideline to sideline but most 3-4 LBs play vertically. I think he's better suited for a 4-3, anyway.

Now, the appropriate question would be, what if he played behind a NT or DT like Casey Hampton that is always double-teamed or triple-teamed? Because that has a lot to do with why Pittsburgh's zone-blitz defense sets up its linebackers to make so many run stops in the offensive backfield, or pick the hot lane for a blitz, or the other things that those guys generally do quite well to get their defense off the field quickly.

(That's one of the things I don't like about the Cover-2, its not really designed for the defense to make drive-stopping plays, and since they don't stop drives it allows for certain players to end up with huge "tackle" stats because they get more opportunities to make tackles.)

As the season progressed, Hagans didn't play as well from October - when those comments were made - through the end of the season as he did during our SuperBowl run, but back in October he had quietly become our second best defensive player other than Troy. I think Joey Porter started showing his age, and I only expect him to play in Pittsburgh one more year.

And as for the Raiders, our offense couldn't make any tackles against them when Ben threw them the ball, so I better pick my words carefully. When your team outgains them 360 to 98 in total yards but still loses, something else is wrong. Our team had 23 giveways and a +7 turnover margin the SuperBowl season, and 37 giveaways and a -8 turnover margin last season. If you aren't paying attention to the math, our takeaways were essentially unchanged, and the all those damn giveaways are the reason why we watched the playoffs instead of taking our 6-2 over the last eight into the playoffs. Unlike in 2005, our "streak" got started one week too late.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you