Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 39 of 39

Thread: Some trade options for Jackson?

  1. #26
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,756

    Default Re: Some trade options for Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Horry wouldn't be ok with coming to Indiana.

    They could throw in Finley if they wanted.
    i think finley proved to be extremely valuable against the mavs in the playoffs last season. big shot bob not as much. why do you say he wouldn't be okay coming to indiana? im not necessarily doubting you i just can't think of a specific reason. i'd much rather have finley but i don't see the spurs biting at that.

  2. #27
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Some trade options for Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think finley proved to be extremely valuable against the mavs in the playoffs last season. big shot bob not as much. why do you say he wouldn't be okay coming to indiana? im not necessarily doubting you i just can't think of a specific reason. i'd much rather have finley but i don't see the spurs biting at that.
    He's in Texas to be close to family... if he didn't go there he would have retired.

    He's not coming to Indy.

  3. #28
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,756

    Default Re: Some trade options for Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's in Texas to be close to family... if he didn't go there he would have retired.

    He's not coming to Indy.
    ok, i thought there may have been some other more specific reason (like why lambeer will never be asked to coach the pacers)

  4. #29
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Some trade options for Jackson?

    Jackson, Foster, and Marshall works for Michael Pietrus and A. Foyle.

    GS would love to drop Foyle's contract, and Pietrus is getting pushed out of the rotation because of DuJuan Wagner. Foster gives them a solid option up front, Jack would be much more popular in Oakland than in Indy, and they get a solid prospect out of it.

    Thoughts?

  5. #30
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Some trade options for Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jackson, Foster, and Marshall works for Michael Pietrus and A. Foyle.

    GS would love to drop Foyle's contract, and Pietrus is getting pushed out of the rotation because of DuJuan Wagner. Foster gives them a solid option up front, Jack would be much more popular in Oakland than in Indy, and they get a solid prospect out of it.

    Thoughts?
    I'm pretty sure I read an article not too long ago that said Nelson is going to start Pietrus this year.

    PG: Baron Davis
    SG: Jason Richardson
    SF: Mikael Pietrus
    PF: Mike Dunleavy
    C: Troy Murphy

    I think?

    EDIT: My bad - it says nowhere about him starting. But Don Nelson really likes him:

    "Not as far as I'm concerned," Nelson said. "I'm going to play the best guy the most."

    So far, that guy has been Pietrus, who's successfully reined in his need to fire up 3-pointers or picking up charging fouls by recklessly driving the paint against two or three defenders. He's adjusting to life as a role player, serving as the closest thing the Warriors have to a shut-down defender and making smarter forays to the basket.

    "He's accepted his role better than I thought," Nelson said. "I'm looking to play him a lot, I think. I need a (natural small forward), and he's a perfect (small forward) for me. We're excited about his progress."

  6. #31
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Some trade options for Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty sure I read an article not too long ago that said Nelson is going to start Pietrus this year.

    PG: Baron Davis
    SG: Jason Richardson
    SF: Mikael Pietrus
    PF: Mike Dunleavy
    C: Troy Murphy

    I think?

    EDIT: My bad - it says nowhere about him starting. But Don Nelson really likes him:

    "Not as far as I'm concerned," Nelson said. "I'm going to play the best guy the most."

    So far, that guy has been Pietrus, who's successfully reined in his need to fire up 3-pointers or picking up charging fouls by recklessly driving the paint against two or three defenders. He's adjusting to life as a role player, serving as the closest thing the Warriors have to a shut-down defender and making smarter forays to the basket.

    "He's accepted his role better than I thought," Nelson said. "I'm looking to play him a lot, I think. I need a (natural small forward), and he's a perfect (small forward) for me. We're excited about his progress."
    Yeah, just rain on my parade.

    They're still wanting to dump Foyle though, right?

  7. #32

    Default Re: Some trade options for Jackson?

    Here are a couple of trade ideas to shake up the backcourt.

    Idea 1.

    Pacers Get: Monta Ellis, Adonal Foyle
    Warriors Get: Jamaal Tinsley, Sarunas Jasikevicius

    Most would probably hate this deal for us, and to be honest I don't know if either team does it. However I can see each team having their reasons.

    For the Pacers:
    - Foyle's contract is one year shorter than Tinsley's.
    - They get an up and coming player in Monta Ellis.

    The kid was a rookie out of high school last year and is known more of a 2 guard but I think the kid can end up being a point guard/combo guard ala Gilbert Arenas. To be honest with versatile wings like Daniels, White, and Granger we don't have to have a legit point guard. In fact i'd rather have a scorer like Ellis and let Marquis and Danny focus on what they do best which is a little bit of everything. I think Ellis played pretty well for a rookie guard out of high school last year, and I think he would be an excellant acquistion for the Pacers.

    For the Warriors:
    - They get rid of Foyle, who they don't need.
    - They add a playmaker in Tinsley to their point guard spot. Baron Davis is a guy who Nellie could use as a 2 guard, they could use a playmaker instead of a scorer with Wagner and Ellis as the other main guards.

    Since we would need another point guard after this deal I thought of this:

    Pacers Get: Eric Snow
    Cavs Get: Stephen Jackson

    Snow is a good leader and a good team point guard. Like Armstrong though he can't play big minuates. Snow is also overpaid but he only has 3 more years left on his contract I believe. So it's less than Jackson's.

    The Cavs really want to let their current team gel and have some stability. However, they don't have Ronald Murry from last year's team and I think that even though Hughes is healthy now they could use a scorer off the bench and that is where Jackson would come in.

    This is a bad time to think about trades because nothing is likely to happen anytime soon. However, I do like the idea of Monta Ellis in a Pacer uniform. In trading Tinsley we won't get a better point guard inreturn so why not go for a young guy with a lot of upside? Of course though we'd have to make another deal like I suggested above (swaping Jackson for a veteran point guard) and OG would have to have proven that he is a real keeper.

    Most probably think i'm an idioit for suggesting this because it might scream lottery to you. However I can't say that I want the current guard rotation to be kept as is so I will roll the dice and try and get an up and comer like Ellis instead of keeping what we have now. I guess I just like to gamble.

  8. #33
    Member skyfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,559

    Default Re: Some trade options for Jackson?

    That first trade is interesting. It would make our PG rotation be something like Ellis/Greene/DA, two young guys and a vet...with Quis filling in it could work. I doubt GoldenState would do it, i think they are pretty high on Ellis, even though Foyle is effectively useless in their new system.

    If that came off I dont think it would be worthwhile to do the 2nd one with Jax. Snow sux

  9. #34
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,308

    Default Re: Some trade options for Jackson?

    well, since we're talking golden state trades, how about this one:

    baron davis for tinsley, sjax, and foster

    from our side, we essentially upgrade the talent at pg (but not health, unfortunately), at the cost of two rotation guys who might be replaced by newcomers rawle and powell anyway.

    for the warriors, they get 3 very good players for nellie's system at the cost of all-star davis. tinsley is sure to excel (if healthy), foster is the mobile big that foyle isn't, and jax will solidify their swingman rotation.

  10. #35
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,756

    Default Re: Some trade options for Jackson?

    well health and an incredibly questionable work ethic..... sounds like pacer material

  11. #36
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,882
    Mood

    Default Re: Some trade options for Jackson?

    We're not going to get anything close to quality for Jackson, tinsley, or Jasikevicius; there's no way. I would love guys like Francis or Barry or Davis but the only possibilities would be very weak players on really bad contracts. Also, the only teams crazy or foolish enough to take Jax don't have the roster room for him. Face it, we're stuck with him and the rest of the people some of you think we can trade for something decent.

    At least people are using this part of the forum again. It was getting to be a ghost town.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

  12. #37
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,756

    Default Re: Some trade options for Jackson?

    How about we trade SJAX to Utah for Goran Giricek and an 07 draft pick and then Sarunas to Phoenix for a 07 pick. Jazz are desperate for a shooting guard and I think Sarunas could excell in the EuroPhoenix system. We get picks and Giricek who shoots similar to Jax but for a fraction of the cost.


    then we're left with (assuming Edwards cut)

    PG: Tinsley, Greene, Armstrong
    SG: Daniels, Giricek, White
    SF: Granger, Marshall, Williams
    PF: Harrington, Baston, Powell
    C: O'Neal, Harrison, Foster

    Use the two 2007 picks to find solid outside shooting SG and a versitile frontline PF/C

  13. #38
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Some trade options for Jackson?

    Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson for Jack, Saras, and Harrison.

    Thoughts?

  14. #39
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,149

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Some trade options for Jackson?

    Rommie, you must not know too much about Monta Ellis. Monta Ellis is Golden State's Danny Granger/Shaun Livingston type guy. They might give us Monta and Dunleavy for Jermaine.

    Not saying I think that would be fair, I wouldn't trade JO for that package, but even GS would be hesitant.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •