Thread: Larry Bird Smiles!

Southside_Pacer

Default Larry Bird Smiles!

Photo courtesy of Yahoo Sports

He never seems to show emotions during games. I wish I could do that since I'm a person who gets either too high or too low during games.

sweabs

Default Re: Larry Bird Smiles!

DW looks retarded in that picture -

I'd like to add that tonight after the game was the first time I ever have seen Donnie Walsh give the Pacers a standing ovation. I have seen him clap a couple times and then start staring at the game again, but never seen him stand up and applaud his guys...In fact, the only times I see him stand up are when he's returning to or leaving his seat.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Note how LB is leaning forward? I think Donnie just caught a whiff of what made Larry smile.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Southside_Pacer

DW deserves a standing ovation from the fans for building this team. We're really lucky to have him as the GM, and also we're very lucky to have Bird be our President of Basketball Operations.

The JO trade, the JB trade, keeping Reggie here, he's just made all the right moves and even when we were "down" coming off the Finals appearance, we still made the playoffs. Thank goodness we didn't turn into what the Bulls are now!

Has anybody noticed that out of all the former players to get back into the game, ie either coaching or playing, or front office work, that Bird has been the most successful?

I attribute that to Bird keeping it real, and not trying to be somebody who he isn't. Plus he knows the game so well.

Has anybody noticed that out of all the former players to get back into the game, ie either coaching or playing, or front office work, that Bird has been the most successful?
    I don't know...Phil Jackson used to play and he's done pretty well in coaching.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Donnie and Larry are Very Supersitious about traveling with the team on the road , same with showing too much public praise , glad they gave the pacers a few claps

Southside_Pacer

I don't know...Phil Jackson used to play and he's done pretty well in coaching.
    I mean out of the era with he, Jordan, Magic, etc.

I'm not convinced Jackson can coach yet until he wins a title coaching the Clippers.

Mood

Southside_Pacer

He's not smiling in that picture. ed:

Mood

He's not smiling in that picture. ed:
    Thats a typical bird smile , if you want to get technical the first picture bird is laughing

Oops - I thought we had a new smilie!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

PoultryPops

Note how LB is leaning forward? I think Donnie just caught a whiff of what made Larry smile.
    The lady in back of Larry is sure enjoying it as well.

Mood

The lady in back of Larry is sure enjoying it as well.
    Yes cause she knows she will never get to smell a legend like that ever again

NewYawk

Walsh looks like he just let one.

You guys have it all wrong.

The Boston Globe reported Bird and Donnie had cornbread and beans for supper. And you know how competitive some guys are. They were having a fart contest and that picture was taken right after Larry let off a long one. Donnie was trying to reply but has just realized that his reply was a 'hard one.'

sweabs

You guys have it all wrong.

The Boston Globe reported Bird and Donnie had cornbread and beans for supper. And you know how competitive some guys are. They were having a fart contest and that picture was taken right after Larry let off a long one. Donnie was trying to reply but has just realized that his reply was a 'hard one.'