Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Johnny Davis was on WIBC Tuesday night

Default Re: Johnny Davis was on WIBC Tuesday night

Not sure exactly what you proved there.

Seems like all of the people on the weight training page are using........weights.

The people on the push up page.....aren't.

Try this one.......
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calisthenics

calisthenics is a type of exercise consisting of a variety of simple movements usually performed without weights or other equipment...........

Examples of calisthenic exercises include:

Sit-ups/crunches
    Push-ups
    Squats
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure exactly what you proved there.

Seems like all of the people on the weight training page are using........weights.

The people on the push up page.....aren't.

Try this one.......
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calisthenics

calisthenics is a type of exercise consisting of a variety of simple movements usually performed without weights or other equipment...........

Examples of calisthenic exercises include:

Sit-ups/crunches
    Push-ups
    Squats

Weight lifting isn't confined to plates, or dumbbells, and that's where it comes into play.

When you do a pushup, what are you doing exactly? You're extending your WEIGHT, up. Your body weight takes the place of plates and a bar when you do bench pressing.

It's the EXACT same movement, in terms of muscle contraction, but you can do more, more easily, on a bench.

A lat. pulldown is the EXACT same movement as a pullup, but with the machine you can pull down more weight.

Let. It. Go.

Please.

Not an admin comment, just an observer's comment. My god.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Weight lifting isn't confined to plates, or dumbbells, and that's where it comes into play.

When you do a pushup, what are you doing exactly? You're extending your WEIGHT, up. Your body weight takes the place of plates and a bar when you do bench pressing.

It's the EXACT same movement, in terms of muscle contraction, but you can do more, more easily, on a bench.

A lat. pulldown is the EXACT same movement as a pullup, but with the machine you can pull down more weight.
    I understand the movements.

If you want to call a pushup "lifting weight", go ahead. Can't call it "lifting weights", though, unless you stack some plates on your back. Sorry.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Diesel_81

Default Re: Johnny Davis is on WIBC right now

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Too much weight on a frame not intended can be unhealthy.

It was also reported that JO worked his total body this year, instead of just his upper body. That get's you in big trouble, and I'd lay money on it that it was a big reason for his lower body injuries.

I agree with you so much on this. I still blame the pacers medical staff, for trying to bulk up Bender to be something that his body wouldn't allow him to be which was a powerforward. Bender might have been a bust anyway but I have a hard time believing his chicken legs could support his upper body. Of course nobody can prove it he might have been injury prone reguardless but I can bet adding that wieght hurt him more then helped him.
    Same goes for Oneal. Yes he had to add strenght but his game was always based on quickness and agility and he lost it in his quest to become stronger. Sometimes I think people get way to carried away about adding bulk. Everybody should lift whether its athletes or your average joe but to add wieght and lose your quickness and agility in my opinion is just counter productive.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Let. It. Go.

Please.

Not an admin comment, just an observer's comment. My god.
    Yesterday the way this thread degenerated might have been annoying. After what happened last night/this morning it's now somewhat entertaining.