View Poll Results: How will the fans receive the "Fantastic 4" at the annual FanJam?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give them a standing ovation

    5 9.80%
  • Applaud loudly

    11 21.57%
  • Applaud just a little

    8 15.69%
  • Silence

    2 3.92%
  • Boo a little

    3 5.88%
  • Boo ALOT

    6 11.76%
  • 1/2 will applaud, and 1/2 will boo

    13 25.49%
  • None of the above - please explain

    3 5.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60

Thread: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

  1. #1
    This must be a bad dream.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not really where I want to be.
    Posts
    1,372
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    At the annual Pacers FanJam:

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/fanjam_061005.html


    How will the "Fantastic 4" be received by the fans?

  2. #2
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,930

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    I'd imagine there will be a scrimmage and some singing by the rookies. I doubt Jack will even play in it, but he will be there. If fans actually want to start the season by booing our players than they have no right to complain when bad attitudes start popping up on the court.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. #3
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    I don't know what most people will do, but I'll be applauding mildly like I normally would.

  4. #4
    1..2..3.. lil old blue sportsmusicxboxpacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    indy baby!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    322

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    if someone boos i boo them not the pacers.... this could be one hell of day tmw
    IF YOU A PACER FAN DONT BASH TO THE PACERS..!!!!!

  5. #5
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    3 of the 4 will be okay, but Jackson's gonna get torched.

  6. #6
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 of the 4 will be okay, but Jackson's gonna get torched.
    Agreed.

    Let's just hope nobody throws a cup...
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    MR, as long as you know I am counting on you for a repeat of last year's treat!

    and LOTS MORE is certainly welcome
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  8. #8
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,464

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    I think most people will cheer.

    My thinking is that most people who would boo are probably not going to go to the Fan Jam in the first place. It is basically a pep rally, after all - why would anyone go to a pep rally (i.e. go out of their way to a promotional event) and boo?

  9. #9
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MR, as long as you know I am counting on you for a repeat of last year's treat!

    and LOTS MORE is certainly welcome
    Yeah MR and Heywoode need to come through for us again.

  10. #10
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    Well the booing will be curbed because Jackson won't even be there.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  11. #11
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    I plan on taking my standard 300-400 photos, and my little camera will get some video I'm sure. A friend who has the same camera as I do will be going with us, and he will have a different lens than I will be using, so it should make for some interesting shots...

    I'm not sure I will have anything up tomorrow night, as we live two hours away and won't get the kiddies home until after 9pm on a school night. Not very responsible, I know, but the FanJam comes but once a year!



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  12. #12
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    If they applauded Ron Artest they'll applaud Stephen Jackson.

  13. #13
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    Yeah, MR and heywoode, hook us up.



    Thanks!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  14. #14
    Member PacerFan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    27
    Posts
    684

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well the booing will be curbed because Jackson won't even be there.
    Jack will be there.

    Even if he doesn't want to show up, TPTB will make him be there.

  15. #15
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,238

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they applauded Ron Artest they'll applaud Stephen Jackson.
    Exactly.

  16. #16
    Member IndyHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    293

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    I'm going tomorrow and I am going to applaud the Pacers. If Jack is still a Pacer, I will applaud him.

  17. #17
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFan31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jack will be there.

    Even if he doesn't want to show up, TPTB will make him be there.
    As I predicted, it's been reported Jackson will not be at Fan Jam.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  18. #18
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    If things don't start going better in the Colts game the fans are going to be so disgusted they aren't going to forget about what happened on Friday.

  19. #19
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    MR will record it all so we have proof!
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  20. #20
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they applauded Ron Artest they'll applaud Stephen Jackson.
    I get your point. I agree.

    But Ron had supporters that Jax doesn't because Ron was excellent on the court.

    Jax is bad on and off the court, so I say he only has about 1/2 the supporters that Ronnie had. JMO.

  21. #21
    Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,586

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    A) Ron was excellent on the court, and we were still considered a championship contender at the time.
    B) The team had not yet gone through the series of events we've gone through, including yet another mediocre season and this ad campaign, and there was less cynicism among the fanbase.

    There's a reason Jax is being kept out of this, I'm certain there would be some scattered boos for him, just as there will be all season. The only thing that'll keep the boos from being louder is a lot of fans will stay home.

  22. #22
    Member Conflict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    234

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    I hope the fans applaud, we need the positive input!

  23. #23
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    I hope we can get some pictures like last year from some who were able to attend.

    Why Not Us ?


  24. #24

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    I'd love to hear how things went. First impressions of several players should be interesting to hear.

  25. #25
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: What will happen at Sundays FanJam?

    No Jack at all.

    Daniels during intro, very small smattering of boos, probably about 20 people total. One of the better cheers of the new guys.

    Tinsley, similar during intros. Later when JO introduced everyone Daniels got only a mild applause, no boos. Tinsley got pretty loud cheers, and again about 10 people booing toward the end of the cheers.

    Fans seemed unfazed and unworried. Far more boos for Williams crap effort during the entertainment haze. At least White went ahead and sang after some prodding.

    Cheers for Al were the loudest of anyone, though JO's during the initial introduction were pretty strong. Foster, SarJas and Granger also got strong cheers.


    I have photos, but I just got home and have stuff to do right now. Haven't even checked the photos. Here's the what's what though...

    Al looked GREAT. Not just the 3s he hit either. He posted well, passed well and created good spacing with some hesitation drives to the lane followed by a dish. Set Maceo up for a strong dunk once.

    Daniels played very well, pushed the ball well and for the most part he and Granger worked against each other to a standstill. Great sign.

    JO, solid, nothing special but nothing wrong. Tinsley, Foster, similar.

    Harrison - was up and down, but a few times he worked the low post with that killer footwork he has, very quick with his feet in the post and able to turn either way.

    SarJas - Armstrong was able to consistantly blow up SarJas and frankly I'm concerned. They pressured SarJas all day and tore him up.

    The one thing SarJas did have going was the old stand-by from last year with him dishing to Harrison, though they added an option to it where Foster hit the high post in case they overplayed Dave or SarJas and it worked well a couple of times with Foster making the relay pass into Harrison for the inside score.

    I have to give Cabbages his due though, his TEAM defense was much better. Certainly far better than his ball protection. Kinda made that problem seem worse.

    Armstrong - was uptempo and fiesty, doesn't look like a guy his age at all. Also his leadership really showed during the hazing when he took over and helped prod things along, as the rooks were pretty reluctant to do anything. DA is a natural leader and pleasantly outspoken (ie, not pushy, just firm).

    Powell - has to be making the team. He looks pretty solid at both ends.

    Baston - looks very mature and plenty athletic. I doubted what he could add, but based on today he looks like a rotation guy not just a 15th man.

    Snap - same as summer. He shoots it well, he drives it decently, but not always safe with the ball and not a defensive ace.

    White - was eh on offense for the most part, but he made several smart defensive reads to come help break up plays.

    Williams - still as uncomfortable as he was in the summer.

    Marshall - similar to Williams IMO. There is some talent there, but he played green.

    Greene - eh. I was hoping for more out of him but he didn't really blow me away at either end. We'll see I guess, but I could almost see Snap beating him out.


    Danny - played pretty well. Didn't dominate but he was a factor and at times did stand out. More than anything I thought he felt more like a vet out there. To me the leaders are JO, Al and Danny...plus some DA too.

    Danny seemed to take on an authority role during the hazing. It was really noticable to me because as I say he came off with a strong "I belong here, I'm a core player" vibe.

    It would have been interesting to see Jack in the mix and not because of Rio. I mean in terms of leadership and how he is fitting in. For example, Tinsley remained laid back and in no way was exerting any sense of authority. This was fine, I'm not knocking it because you don't want too many chiefs, just saying that vet != leader.


    Edwards did not play either, and the other new signing did nothing to stand out IMO.

    Oh, White put up one very nice dunk during warmups that got the crowd's attention.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •