View Poll Results: Should the two of them be traded?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...No Gray Areas

12 60.00%
  • No...No Gray Areas

8 40.00%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Pacers organization fine and or suspend the 4 players involved.

Default Should the Pacers organization fine and or suspend the 4 players involved.

OK, instead of rehashing the same tired comments in the other long thread, I thought we should look ahead. Assuming we pretty much know everything there is to know about this incident, what should the Pacers organization do to the 4 offending individuals.

Here is what I would do. I'm sure everyone will agree with this.

1) Cut Snap Hunter. He is fighting for a roster spot and he should know better than to hang around unsavory people like that. (i'm only half joking, I don't expect him to make the team anyway, so the pacers can do anything they want with him)

2) Marquis Daniels - I would suspend him without pay for 1 game. I'm going light on him because he's new

3) Tinsley - Suspend him without pay for 3 games. The weed was in his car, and even though we don't know if it is his it doesn't matter.

4) Jackson - Suspend him for 5 games without pay.

Why suspend them at all, because they embarrassed the franchise.

Oh brother, we now have team coverage on Channel 13.

Jackson was not at practice today. He was at home.

Well I wanted more training camp coverage and now we got it.

Al Harrington has the look of "I wished I were still in Atlanta"

Edit: oh no, now they are showing the brawl from the Palace.

Default Re: Should the Pacers organization fine and or suspend the 4 players involved.

I wouldn't say suspend, just fine them the games worth of Pay, the last thing we need to do is encourage Tinsley to sit on the bench.

Although its possible Tinsley could get suspended by the league for the pot right?

Maybe suspend Jax and Daniels both one game, but not for anything they did other than the fact they were being irresponsible and going out till 3 in the morining during training camp.

Snap Hunter out of here, 17 left, 2 to go.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Should the Pacers organization fine and or suspend the 4 players involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe suspend Jax and Daniels both one game, but not for anything they did other than the fact they were being irresponsible and going out till 3 in the morining during training camp.
    If the team doesn't have a curfew then its unfair to do that.

Pacers Need A Better GM. !Pacers-Fan!'s Avatar

lol, u think after suspension everything will be just fine?

Quote Originally Posted by !Pacers-Fan! View Post
    lol, u think after suspension everything will be just fine?
    Yes that is exactly what I think

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216 View Post
    If the team doesn't have a curfew then its unfair to do that.
    If this team doesn't have a curfew, then they need to make one.

Ok, I'm fine with that.

But the Pacers Brass has egg on their face. They have to move those guys now, if only to salvage their pride.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Too late for this.

Snap = Gone. What chance he had at an NBA career may be gone as well.

Marquis = Gets a pass.

Tinsley = Publicly gets a pass, but gone in a couple of months.

Jackson = excuses to send him packing a-la Artest 2006 are currently being vetted.

Pacers = totally F'ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Ok, I'm fine with that.

But the Pacers Brass has egg on their face. They have to move those guys now, if only to salvage their pride.
    I agree they need to trade Jax and JT, but I've said that all summer. I don't think they should trade Daniels though.

I was watching Channel 8 news a minute ago and they said the league will do anything to the 4 players because they did not break any NBA rules. So it is up to the pacers.

Why the Hell does Daniels get a pass. From my experience its the new guy that is most likely to get the axe when he screws up.

I really don't see how this can be enough to change you viewpoint on whether to trade JT and SJ, if it is, I am betting you are just emotional and not really looking at it.

I understand if this is just more fuel to your desire to trade them, but if this is what put you over the top, I am seeing some serious overreaction.

I'm going to say that nothing will publicly happen to these guys. Not a fine, not a suspension, not even extra laps in practice.

I may be naive and stupid, but I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    Why the Hell does Daniels get a pass. From my experience its the new guy that is most likely to get the axe when he screws up.
    So the first day on the job if you screw up they fire you. Not at any place I've worked at. Usually you get a pass for a few days because they figure you just don't know what you are doing yet

If I am the Pacers I tell the 4 to be EXTREMELY on their best behavior for the next few days (read: extremely on a short leash) and let some more info filter in and then make a decision in a few days once I've had time to hear as much of the story as possible from all sides. This might include using/hiring my own investigators.

I do what I can to minimize PR damage and spin things, or hush them, for the time being until the spotlight dims.

And then I do whatever is best for the Pacer organization long term (and fans). Not short term.

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    So the first day on the job if you screw up they fire you. Not at any place I've worked at. Usually you get a pass for a few days because they figure you just don't know what you are doing yet

Well yeah if that screw involves something that you had no experience with at your previous job. But if you screw up something simple, they'll fire you.

And lets face it, this is something simple.

Mood

I don't see any suspensions. I think this is an unfortunate incident (God that sounds like P.R.), but in the end not much will come of it unless there are important details we haven't been told about yet. I think this should blow over.

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

The Simons need to consider getting new management.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    The Simons need to consider getting new management.
    Bingo. The buck doesn't seem to stop anywhere.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Suspend them for what? Any suspension the Pacers dish out at these players would almost be surely revoked by the Players Committee. They were defending themselves.

Sure they put themselves in a bad situation..but as far as I'm concerned, bad judgement on what you do in your spare time..unless it involves doing illegal activites doesn't warrant a suspension. What grounds would we have for suspending them without pay?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If they don't have a curfew, I don't know if there is any grounds for suspending them.

That doesn't mean that you can't leave them on the end of the bench, either in uniform or in street clothes, though. And sometimes, that's a better way to get to these guys than even their wallets.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

No-nonsense discipline+nonsense=something.

The amount of $ this is going to cost the franchise for damage control....wow, I don't know. Maybe more than the players are worth, combined. And the players have made the organization look really, really stupid. That should cause some kind of action by itself.

Jack and Tins one game a piece no pay, they can play, just no pay. Quis a stern talking to and unfortunately for Snap this will probably earn him his walking papers. An unfortunate situation for sure.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I wouldn't suspend them.

I'd get rid of Jackson at all costs - I don't care if you get a box of Cracker Jack sans toy prize for him - enough is enough.

This is Tinsley's first offense but he still should know better. Rick and Bird need to have a conversation.

Daniels and Snap (who was never making the team anyway) get a pass for being newcomers though they still need to have a conversation.

But with Jackson, enough is enough. There are strip clubs in Indy for celebs - places where they'll valet park your car, security is TIGHT, they bring you cute little drinks that cost $15, etc. People don't blow famous people crap there.

Just poor judgment - and he's shown a more than disturbing pattern of that. He needs to be gone by Oct 31 even if Indy buys him out.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Pacers Need A Better GM. !Pacers-Fan!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I don't see any suspensions. I think this is an unfortunate incident (God that sounds like P.R.), but in the end not much will come of it unless there are important details we haven't been told about yet. I think this should blow over.
    Enuff Said.

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    Jack and Tins one game a piece no pay, they can play, just no pay. Quis a stern talking to and unfortunately for Snap this will probably earn him his walking papers. An unfortunate situation for sure.
    That's the worst idea yet. You have to be kidding.