Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RC signs contract extension

Vali

Default RC signs contract extension

Sorry if this has already been posted but... http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/carli...on_060930.html

Default Re: RC signs contract extension

Very interesting

In addition, Carlisle has been given the title of Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations.

That tells me that perhaps after this season Rick will move into the front office, especially if DW retires

OMG WTF WHYYYYYY. This means that no way in hell they will fire him at the end of the season even if we suck. They wont want to pay 2 coaches, Jesus Christ what a dumbass front office. Whats to hold Carlisle back from going back to his dumbass offense now that he is secure?

Worst move ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OMG WTF WHYYYYYY. This means that no way in hell they will fire him at the end of the season even if we suck. They wont want to pay 2 coaches, Jesus Christ what a dumbass front office. Whats to hold Carlisle back from going back to his dumbass offense now that he is secure?

Worst move ever.

I guess this is a sure sign the season is about to start. Did you you not read the press release. Rick will be moving into the front office, why else give him that additional title.

He was given a contract extension I dont know when the hell he is moving into the front office. I dont want him in the front office either, this just means when the NBA draft comes around Rick is just going to tell Stern we dont want to do the draft, we dont want them young players.

He was given a contract extension I dont know when the hell he is moving into the front office. I dont want him in the front office either, this just means when the NBA draft comes around Rick is just going to tell Stern we dont want to do the draft, we dont want them young players.
    Do you honestly believe he would do that. Rick is a very good basketball guy and if he has interest of moving into the front office, I would love to have him do that with the Pacers.

Do you really have to start with the Rick hate this early, I mean training camp open in a couple of days, the first preseason game is in a week and a half, why not wait to see his new offense

New offense
    -Play very good basketball for 3 qtrs
    -Get a 15 point lead
    -Start playing that sad *** NBA version of the prevent defense that never works. Lose the lead, lose the game. New offense of the Indiana Pacers.

New offense
    -Play very good basketball for 3 qtrs
    -Get a 15 point lead
    -Start playing that sad *** NBA version of the prevent defense that never works. Lose the lead, lose the game. New offense of the Indiana Pacers.
    What is NBA's version of the prevent defense

The thing Rick Carlisle calls coaching when the Pacers have a big lead. You know when a NFL team starts playing prevent when they have a big lead? Yeah that, it never works but they still keep doing it.

The thing Rick Carlisle calls coaching when the Pacers have a big lead. You know when a NFL team starts playing prevent when they have a big lead? Yeah that, it never works but they still keep doing it.
    I know what the NFL version is, but I don't know what you mean by Rick's version of the prevent

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Could Carlisles possible move the front office next season, and this being Darrell Armstrongs last season point to DA taking over as the head coach after this season?

I know you watch the Pacers games, when we get a big lead, Rick totaly goes away from what we were doing and we slowly start losing the lead. He usually pulls out the hot hand before the lead starts going down, then he doesnt put the hot hand back in until the ship had already sunk.

He coaches the **** out of the team before the game but boy when the game starts to get tight and it really matters Rick gets that stupid look on his face like he doesnt know wtf just happen and sits there watching the team lose.

Ohh dear God I cant beleive I have to watch this **** for another 2-3 years. Damn it why did I start talking about this, now my day is ruined.

Does this mean Rick is going to oversee the Fever? The title is under Donnie rather than the GM/Bird. I wish I knew what it meant.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

But UB aint it good that we are back to arguing? It was getting real boring around here with out our daily arguments.

Why in the world do some of you consider Darrell Armstrong a front runner for the head coaching position when it isn't even open? ...Let alone why would Darrell Armstrong be the #1 candidate if it was?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

But UB aint it good that we are back to arguing? It was getting real boring around here with out our daily arguments.
    Yes it is, I can feel the season getting ready to start.

Bball, I agree with you, and I'll say it right now I don't want Armstrong as Pacers coach. He isn't a very smart player, never has been and never will be. He plays hard, but over the years he made a lot of really stupid plays as a point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Yes it is, I can feel the season getting ready to start.
    Its just about that time.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Why in the world do some of you consider Darrell Armstrong a front runner for the head coaching position when it isn't even open? ...Let alone why would Darrell Armstrong be the #1 candidate if it was?

-Bball
    i guess it's the only way to justify our trading aj for him?

Mood

I think it's premature and a bit silly to suggest that Armstrong won't make a good coach because he made questionable plays as a PG.

As for Rick, I'm overall glad to see this get done; there was no one as good, or better, out there. And flaws and all, Rick's still pretty damn good.

In case anyone else is wondering what 'Executive' Vice President of Basketball Operations means, I can't answer the question. But I can state the fact that Chris Mullin is the Vice President of Basketball Operations for the Golden State Warriors... There's no 'Executive' in Mullin's title, yet we know what power he has. Therefore, that means that Carlisle must have been given partial or full control of who plays here and who goes elsewhere.

So I guess that means when Walsh steps down, Bird will be the President, and Carlisle will be Vice? Not sure if I know what to think. Not sure if I like or dislike it. Does this mean we'll be seeing more Michael Curry-esque players on our roster in the future?

Well, I think more importantly, for the short-term this means that the players know that Carlisle is going nowhere. Cussing him out isn't just cussing out a coach, you're cussing out a VP of the org., which is bad times, I don't care who you are. It's an "F you" flag Rick can wave at players when they think about stepping out of line.

Long term, it's harder to say, but I think it does what I described above, and it also leaves a "plan B" if Rick loses the team again. He will then step into the front office, we'll get rid of a bunch of players, get a new coach, and start from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy View Post
    So Does this mean we'll be seeing more Michael Curry-esque players on our roster in the future?
    What does that mean. What is a Michael Curry type player

Players that suck but are the coaches *****es.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I think it's premature and a bit silly to suggest that Armstrong will make a good coach because he was a decent PG.

Fixed.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

VP basketball operations, sounds like some of the big corp. here in the US. More white shirts.