Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49

Thread: 2006-2007 Team sign up

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,653

    Default 2006-2007 Team sign up

    I have a plan, or at least an idea for a plan, so we might as well get started.

    If you were in the ABA last year, please let me know what your plans are for the coming season. Able is in the process of setting up a site for us and I'd like to get an idea how many of us will be returning.

    I'd like to start the draft no later than October 14th. If we can work it out, we will use the 24 hour draft clock like we did last season. Last years draft was completed in less than a week. So I think that sould allow us plenty of time.

    One other thing.

    The ABA Keeper League is now full but there are still posters on here that have interest in playing. Would anyone have an interest in helping form a 3rd league? It could be a yearly league like the ABA, or a Keeper. We would need someone to step up and assume the commissioner duties as well.

    Anyone?

  2. #2
    Member burnzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    697

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    I was in the ABA last year, and I would like to return this season, if we can find a replacement site for sports.ws, that would be great.

  3. #3
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    Quote Originally Posted by burnzone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was in the ABA last year, and I would like to return this season, if we can find a replacement site for sports.ws, that would be great.
    ^

  4. #4
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    I'd like to continue my dominance from last year, if possible........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  5. #5
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    I'll take another shot at it, this time I won't be bamboozled by Grant Hill.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  6. #6
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,968

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    I am in.

  7. #7

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    The defending champions will be in the house.


    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  8. #8
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,841

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    I'm in again.

    I am having second thoughts about the Keeper League, however, so if someone wants in badly enough I may be willing to relinquish my spot. With having school and two jobs now, it may be too difficult to focus on two fantasy leagues.

  9. #9
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    I have a new baby coming right about the start of the league this year, so I'm probably not gonna make it this time. Maybe the follwoing year.

  10. #10
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a new baby coming right about the start of the league this year, so I'm probably not gonna make it this time. Maybe the follwoing year.
    First of all Congratulations. Secondly ... I could choose your team for you, so you could take over the players that haven't been traded yet, I mean your team, later on in the season

    Oh, yeah, I would like to be in again too. This year the trophy will go out of the States for sure .

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  11. #11

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    I'm in

  12. #12
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,481

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm in again.

    I am having second thoughts about the Keeper League, however, so if someone wants in badly enough I may be willing to relinquish my spot. With having school and two jobs now, it may be too difficult to focus on two fantasy leagues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a new baby coming right about the start of the league this year, so I'm probably not gonna make it this time. Maybe the follwoing year.
    Friggin' wimps letting a thing like real life come between you and your fantasy hoops.

    Good luck to both of you with your adventures.

  13. #13
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,500
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    i'd like to be counted in too

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    Count me in for one more year.

    I haven't been able to put the time in the last couple of years that I like to. Hopefully that'll change this season but if it doesn't it'll be my last one.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  15. #15
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,706

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    don't you even consider letting me hanging on the outside !
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,653

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    So far we have 13 returning, 9 still to hear from & 2 are leaving.

    Returning
    Able
    Burnzone
    Diamond Dave
    Dr. Badd
    Hicks
    Indy Dave
    Jose Slaughter
    Kerosene
    Magic Rat
    Mourning
    Rimfire
    Shade
    Pacer Tom

    Not Sure
    Anthem
    Boston Connction
    Dipperdunk
    Doug
    Grundzel
    Pacer Fan in AZ
    Peck
    Number 7
    Roaming Gnome

    Taking a break
    Gyron
    Rcarey

  17. #17
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    I'll say something to Peck today. I garuntee he doesn't even know about this thread.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  18. #18
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to participate this year.

    I loved playing last season, and enjoyed the company of all the active owners. However, I'm now at a point where I don't feel as though I'll have enough time to invest in the league (for various reasons). I don't want to be one of those owners that ruins it for everyone else, so I'm going to step aside this year for someone who can positively dedicate themselves.

    Good luck everyone!

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,653

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    This is the group we're still waiting to hear from.

    Anthem
    Boston Connction
    Dipperdunk
    Doug
    Grundzel
    Pacer Fan in AZ
    Peck
    Number 7
    Roaming Gnome

    I've sent PM's to everyone on that list except Dipperdunk who hasn't been on the board since June & Pacer Fan in AZ whom I can't fine on the Members List.

    As for the openings, we currently have two.

    I've contacted Kraft, Sycamore Ken, Pig Nash & IndyToad

    Kraft & Ken are former members of the league that I would like to get back. Kraft has yet to get back to me, Ken has too much going on with other leagues.

    Pig Nash was the champion of another league on Sports.ws last season but, as with Ken, will not have the time to play this season.

    Indy Toad was very active on the "practice site" we set up last fall but didn't make the final cut to get into the league.

    If anyone has any suggestions for an opening please let us know.

    Thanks

  20. #20
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    Maybe Raskolnikov is interested?
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  21. #21
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    I'm out, sorry guys. I suck anyway, so it's not a big loss (unless you were counting on me for easy wins!).

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,653

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    Sorry to hear that Anthem. If its only because your team struggled, I hope you reconsider.

    I've heard back from Peck and Indy Toad, both said yes. So here is where we currently stand.

    On Board - 17
    Able
    Burnzone
    Diamond Dave
    Dr. Badd
    Frank Slade
    Hicks
    Indy Dave
    Indy Toad
    Jose Slaughter
    Kerosene
    Magic Rat
    Mourning
    Peck
    Raskolnikov
    Rimfire
    Shade
    Pacer Tom

    Not Sure
    Boston Connction
    Dipperdunk
    Grundzel
    Pacer Fan in AZ
    Number 7

    Taking a break
    Anthem
    Doug
    Gyron
    Rcarey
    Roaming Gnome

    Contacted but not joining
    Arkman
    Pig Nash
    Sycamore Ken

  23. #23
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry to hear that Anthem. If its only because your team struggled, I hope you reconsider.
    Well, I might have a stronger desire if I was better at fantasy basketball, but the biggest thing is that I'm just not going to have the time this season. Between the promotion, the baby, and graduate school, I just don't see it happening.

    Thanks for the invite, though.

  24. #24
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,946

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    I'm sorry to keep everyone waiting, but this year I'm only going to have the time to focus on the Keeper League this year. I am giving up my spot. I'm sure someone will make excellent use of it.

    Thanks for the oppertunity, Jose.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  25. #25
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: 2006-2007 Team sign up

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry to keep everyone waiting, but this year I'm only going to have the time to focus on the Keeper League this year. I am giving up my spot. I'm sure someone will make excellent use of it.

    Thanks for the oppertunity, Jose.
    Unfortunately, almost the same thing applies to me. I just don't think I have the time right now to be a good owner in both leagues. So, I'm going to have to stick with the keeper league right now

    Sorry, James, maybe things will ease up for me next year.

    Doug
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •