Thread: Newsflash: I STILL hate ESPN!!

Default Newsflash: I STILL hate ESPN!!

I remeber a while back where some of us (Peck comes to mind) were taking aboutnhow much we hate ESPN. I try my best not to watch that network, trying to get my sports stories from other sources.

Today, however, I just turned on the TV and was cueing up a tape. The channel happened to be on ESPN. They were doing a story on the game tonight focusing on Reggie Bush and how devastated New Orleans still is to this day. Mike Ditka said words to the effect of "so remember when you're in New Orleans, eating at one of your favorite restaurants, like Cafe Dumond, that the people serving you are very likely homeless and barely getting by..."

So what did ESPN do mere SECONDS after that story and statement?

They ran a promo for their version of ESPN Cribs!!

"See Michael Vick and his spacious home...."

Are they bigger morons than I think they are? Obviously so! Right after lamenting the homeless in New Orleans they run a promo for a show gleefully showing you a millionaire athlete's home? Nice Espn....nice.

Man I hate them.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: Newsflash: I STILL hate ESPN!!

Awesome.

This reminds me of the plane crash in Lexington - the news cuts in to give you the story of a horrific crash - and then ABC cuts back to the Emmy awards where they are - you guessed it - doing a comedy bit about a plane crash because, you know, plane crash jokes are funny. DOH!

I dont know about all that, but this about to be a good *** game.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree, Jerm.

Wow what a start for the Saints, this is like the super bowl for their franchise.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Awesome.

This reminds me of the plane crash in Lexington - the news cuts in to give you the story of a horrific crash - and then ABC cuts back to the Emmy awards where they are - you guessed it - doing a comedy bit about a plane crash because, you know, plane crash jokes are funny. DOH!
    the Emmys was on NBC Conan O'Brian was the one who did that skit and yeah it pissed alot of people off.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

I don't know about you, but I can't get enough of ultra rich actors and athletes moralizing to me.

The older I get, and the more decades of toiling I leave behind grinding out a living for my family and I.

The more I pay into programs such as social security so I can sleep at night knowing the greatest generation of baby boomers can retire and break the piggy bank for those that follow.

Don't worry about us.

We'll be fine with our $3 dollars a gallon gas , 2% corprate increases and canceled medical benifits.

At least I have the punk *** 20 year old millionaire athletes and has been half @ssed actors to show me the way.

Because I know NOBODY cares like they do.

Where's the flocking tylenol.

Oh yea, and ESPN sucks.

I guess.

I seem to kill all of your threads.

Sorry.

IndyFan032589

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Awesome.

I don't see why anyone got mad about that, it was taped probably weeks before it ever aired and that was just one scene and the whole skit was hilarious.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)