Thread: Eric Gordon

Default Eric Gordon

...is supposed to be in Bloomington this weekend visiting. Still hasn't announced his final choice. Bruce Weber has to be sweating bullets about now though.
    Mark Cuban probably has started the Eric Gordon slush fund.

Default Re: Eric Gordon

Yeah, he's crashing in my basement.

Hey Eric, grab me a beer!
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, he's crashing in my basement.

Illegal benefit! Illegal benefit!

Oh, where'd I put Brand's phone #?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Hey, that kid is still a minor. I'm going to have to call a Bloomington based probation officer.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, this has turned into something nearing absurd. I wonder what he'll end up doing?
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So, what's the story behind Eric Gordon? I don't follow IU sports or really high school committments...

KID, BRING ME A PEEBER!!!!
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    So, what's the story behind Eric Gordon? I don't follow IU sports or really high school committments...
    He is probably one of the two or three top seniors-to-be in the country next year, as far as basketball players go. He gave a verbal commitment to Illinois last year, but since IU changed coaching staffs they began rerecruiting him with a full court press, including hiring his AAU coach. He has shown renewed interest in them and was to make a campus visit with his family this weekend. It would be a major coup for IU if they got him and an equally major loss for the Illini.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He was being touted as the best Illini recruit EVER.

He kid is extremely athletic, can handle the ball, and is deadly from outside. If he was a few inches taller, he would have close to the whole package. He'll probably be turned into a scoring PG, but I've already saw his name on future drafts as a lottery pick. He should be really fun to watch in the Big 10, where ever he goes.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Big news today:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...39/1004/SPORTS

Gordon to attend indiana event

By Jeff Rabjohns

jeff.rabjohns@indystar.com

Eric Gordon will be at Indiana University tonight for its opening practice, his father confirmed.

When asked if his son planned to announce he would attend IU, the elder Gordon, also named Eric, declined comment.

Gordon's attendance comes as the North Central shooting guard is deciding between Indiana and Illinois.

Considered the No. 1 player in the nation by one scouting service, Gordon made an oral commitment to Illinois last November. He has been considering Indiana since Kelvin Sampson was hired as coach.

Indiana assistant Jeff Meyer was at North Central on Thursday.

ESPNU is broadcasting part of tonight's IU's event.
    http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....s-sports-print

Midnight madness: Gordon to Indiana?
    Prized Illini recruit visits Hoosiers Friday

By Brian Hamilton
    Tribune staff reporter

October 13, 2006

Prized Indianapolis high school guard Eric Gordon will attend Midnight Madness festivities Friday night at Indiana, a move that likely indicates the senior guard who committed orally to Illinois last year has come to a decision, his father said.

And it's one that likely will make coach Bruce Weber and the Illini faithful unhappy.

"This is pretty significant, because we had not planned any other visits," Eric Gordon Sr. told the Tribune on Thursday night.

The elder Gordon wouldn't say his son definitively is headed to Indiana but indicated the family wanted the younger Gordon to make up his mind before any more campus trips. His son was attempting Thursday night to contact both Weber and Hoosiers coach Kelvin Sampson.

Gordon, a strong, ultra-athletic 6-foot-4-inch guard from Indianapolis North Central High, is Weber's signature recruit.

This summer Gordon jumped to No. 2 nationally in the Rivals.com rankings for the class of 2007. He had been a top 10 player when he committed to Illinois a year ago.

How developments affect another prime recruit--Simeon's Derrick Rose, Rivals' No. 3 player--remains to be seen. Indiana is on Rose's list of five finalists, and after teaming together on the AAU circuit this summer, he and Gordon expressed interest in attending the same school. Rose, however, will be in Memphis Friday night for the Tigers' version of Midnight Madness.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

ESPN 950 Just broke in and said that the IndyStar has confirmed Eric Gordon has committed to attending IU!!!! :

Why Not Us ?

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

Woohoo!

12:32 PM October 13, 2006

Eric Gordon makes a move to Hoosiers

By Jeff Rabjohns
    jeff.rabjohns@indystar.com
    October 13, 2006

North Central High School basketball star Eric Gordon has changed his mind and decided to play for Indiana University next year, his father said today.
    Gordon, who originally committed to Illinois, is expected to formally announce his intentions tonight at Hoosier Hysteria.

“Both coaches are great,” Eric Gordon Sr. said. “(Illinois) Coach (Bruce) Weber has a great program. Indiana has been down, but programs go through that. Indiana is 45 minutes away. Eight-five percent of North Central students go there. He’s right at home. Adjusting to IU will be easy. If you’re there four years, great. If it’s three, two, one — for him this will be an easy transition from high school to college. If you say basketball is a wash and you look at the school, the location, everything, he’s made the best decision. I have to say Indiana is the best place for him.”

Gordon Sr. said the decision was extremely difficult and he told his son no more campus visits until a decision was made.

“The only problem now is he’s going to have to answer a lot of questions. The Illinois fan base is going to be disappointed, and he’s a kind of kid that’s a pleaser, so that’s going to be hard. That’s one reason this decision was so tough. One reason I’m glad this is done is he can move on with pleasing himself. He’s really matured a lot and as a father, that’s what I’m happy about. He had to do what’s best for himself and what’s best for his life.”

One of the most coveted recruits in the nation, the star guard called Weber late Thursday night to say he would be playing for IU.

Rated as the No. 1 player in the nation in the 2007 Class by one scout, Gordon is considered one of the front runners for national player of the year honors.

Gordon had been taking a long look at Indiana since Kelvin Sampson was hired in March. Gordon initially made a verbal commitment to Illinois when Mike Davis was the coach at IU.

Landing Gordon is a major recruiting coup for Sampson and his staff.

IndyStar

Why Not Us ?

What a coup coup ca choo for Samson and co. I guess hiring Gordon's AAU coach didn't hurt.

Leisure Suit Larry

Oh my God, this is the great news! Even though I graduate this year I'm still happy we can go back to being a great team.

man oh man, this is great news, Illinois fans have to be super pissed
    I was ready for Josh Smith to go to Indiana, but he went to the NBA. I am ready for him to come to Indiana once again.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    ha ha! A month later, I just got this one!

That's an old quote of mine!

Proving once again why MR is the reigning funniest poster on the board....
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh eat it illini fans!

Indiana is 45 minutes away
    Uh, I sure hope the Gordons don't live near North Central, or else they be speeding something fierce.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

STARBURY

08 and Beyond

ha ha! A month later, I just got this one!

That's an old quote of mine!

Proving once again why MR is the reigning funniest poster on the board....

Is a PEEBER a Pabst Blue Ribbon beer? Sorry, I'm a wittle swow!
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson