Thread: Maurice Taylor

Hybrid View

Banned

Default Maurice Taylor

I've watched to Rockets several times this year, it's obvious that Maurice Taylor is a much bigger part of that team than in the past. I see that as a big key tonight.

What I would do, If I was designing the Pacers' strategy tonight, would be to bait the Rockets into throwing the ball to Taylor, then let JO swat his shot. The reason I say this is because I consider Taylor one of the worst passers in the league. I'm not sure if he's a selfish player (I think he is), or just too dumb to pass when it is the obvious play to make, but I've noticed that once the ball goes to him, there's about a 90% chance that he's going to shoot it.

I don't think Carlisle will want to double-team him, but it will be interesting to see how they decide to defend him. He's usually in the game when Yao is out, so our 5 could guard him, but they'll need to be careful because he's pretty good at getting to the basket and getting fouled.

Default Re: Maurice Taylor

yeah Taylor is a bit of a vacuum in the post...but he is playing better this season... It'll be an interesting battle between him and Al tonight... Hopefully we can keep Taylor off the post and have him fall in love with his jump shot which has been a problem in the past.