Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Edge Watch

Default The Edge Watch

After two games:

44 carries, 137 yards, 3.1 yards per carry.

That's what happens when you're on a team with a suck offensive line.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Edge Watch

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After two games:

Yeah.

What team is it you follow, 'Knick?

Dallas

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dallas
    :finger:

say WHAT?? No more finger smilie???
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

After two games:

Or a suck offense in general. Running can be a little easier if the other
    team has to face the best passing offense in the league.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Well, The Cards have better or equally good WR's as the Colts..but Warner is definitely no Peyton Manning. It's the offensive line thats keeping Edges rushing totals so ****ty. Any time he breaks a run for 20 or so yards it gets called back for holding. In his first two games, he's had 70-80 or so unaccounted yards because of stupid penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I was gonna add "and playing on a team that's regularly down 14-0 after the first quarter won't help."

But I decided to save that - for right now.

24 Carries for 94 Yards and a TD

May have had another TD towards the end of the game but Warner fumbled a snap and lost Arizona the game.

Add this blurb from http://www.benmaller.com/

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...352/-1/COLUMNS

Arizona's Edgerrin James doesn't miss the Indianapolis Colts on paydays but he probably does on Sundays. With the Colts, he had 49 100-yard rushing performances in his first 96 NFL games (Indianapolis was 43-6 in those games). In his first three games with the Cardinals he's 0-for-3, with 68 carries for 231 yards (3.4 yards per carry). Last season, Arizona had only one 100-yard rushing game as a team. James is frustrated. After Sunday's 16-14 loss to St. Louis, he said, "I was brought here to run the ball and help, and a lot of times I'm out there and I'm really not part of it."
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Add this blurb from http://www.benmaller.com/

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...352/-1/COLUMNS

Arizona's Edgerrin James doesn't miss the Indianapolis Colts on paydays but he probably does on Sundays. With the Colts, he had 49 100-yard rushing performances in his first 96 NFL games (Indianapolis was 43-6 in those games). In his first three games with the Cardinals he's 0-for-3, with 68 carries for 231 yards (3.4 yards per carry). Last season, Arizona had only one 100-yard rushing game as a team. James is frustrated. After Sunday's 16-14 loss to St. Louis, he said, "I was brought here to run the ball and help, and a lot of times I'm out there and I'm really not part of it."
    The Cardinals are kind of using Edge in weird ways. They will have series where they will run the ball on all 3 downs and then turn right around and throw on all 3 on the next series. Not to mention Warner is an awful QB.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Yep. Edge is beggining to get disgruntled a little, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Well, The Cards have better or equally good WR's as the Colts..but Warner is definitely no Peyton Manning. It's the offensive line thats keeping Edges rushing totals so ****ty. Any time he breaks a run for 20 or so yards it gets called back for holding. In his first two games, he's had 70-80 or so unaccounted yards because of stupid penalties.
    Um, that kinda kills the credibility right there...

Anyone would be hard pressed to find a better duo than Harrison and Wayne, and that's not counting a couple other guys who could start on most teams....

One way or the other, better or equally good is nowhere to be found on the Cardinals...

I wondered how long it would take for Edge to start whining. This is the first of many opportunities to come for Edge to finish his own statement with, "But I make a truckload of cash, so I'll just shut up now."

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode View Post
    Um, that kinda kills the credibility right there...

Anyone would be hard pressed to find a better duo than Harrison and Wayne, and that's not counting a couple other guys who could start on most teams....

One way or the other, better or equally good is nowhere to be found on the Cardinals...

I wondered how long it would take for Edge to start whining. This is the first of many opportunities to come for Edge to finish his own statement with, "But I make a truckload of cash, so I'll just shut up now."
    Ask any non-colts homer and they will tell you that Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin are equally as good as Marvin Harrison and Wayne. I'm not trying to discredit anything Marvin has done because he is an excellent WR and so is Reggie Wayne..but you obviously never watched Boldin and Fitz play.

Boldin and Fitz are probably as good as our 2. Honestly, because of our QB though, I'd put them a bit lower. But they're very very good. Same goes with Cincy's WRs.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Ask any non-colts homer and they will tell you that Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin are equally as good as Marvin Harrison and Wayne. I'm not trying to discredit anything Marvin has done because he is an excellent WR and so is Reggie Wayne..but you obviously never watched Boldin and Fitz play.
    Well, let them rack up the stats over the years that our two boys have and then we can talk...It would seem to me that someone claiming two guys who are starting to show what they can do are as good as two guys who have been the class of the league would qualify as a homer, not someone giving credit where credit is due based on performance....Kinda like I hate T.O., but I gotta give it to him that he is a quality receiver, even if he seems like a self-centered moron...I'm not saying the Cards' receivers aren't good, I just don't put them in the sentence with Harrison and Wayne except to say they all play the same position. I'm not saying they aren't good, and that I wouldn't like to have them. I'm just saying that Marvin and Reggie have impressed me more with what I've seen them do on the field than the two Cardinals. That's all.

JMO, though...It never fails that when I actually STATE an opinion, there is someone there to tell me how wrong I am....

Marvin is a first ballot HOF'er, right now and he still has a couple of years to play. He's closing in on some BIG time records, and is projected at passing Rice in completions.

Those type of wideouts, just don't come along. Boldin and Larry are good, but they're no where near the level that Marvin has been playing at for so long.

You just can't replace a top 5 wideout of all time, right now, with another good player on another team. That's just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Marvin is a first ballot HOF'er, right now and he still has a couple of years to play. He's closing in on some BIG time records, and is projected at passing Rice in completions.

Those type of wideouts, just don't come along. Boldin and Larry are good, but they're no where near the level that Marvin has been playing at for so long.

You just can't replace a top 5 wideout of all time, right now, with another good player on another team. That's just silly.
    I'm not talking about who's done more and set more records. We are talking about who is doing good in the league right now and the Cards WRs are just as good as the Colts WRs at the present. I doubt anyone will ever be as good of a route runner and as consistent of a WR as Harrison is...and I'm not discrediting him. I'm simply saying that their are other WR tandems in the league who are as good as the Colts WR tandems are this year.

Well, let them rack up the stats over the years that our two boys have and then we can talk...It would seem to me that someone claiming two guys who are starting to show what they can do are as good as two guys who have been the class of the league would qualify as a homer, not someone giving credit where credit is due based on performance....Kinda like I hate T.O., but I gotta give it to him that he is a quality receiver, even if he seems like a self-centered moron...I'm not saying the Cards' receivers aren't good, I just don't put them in the sentence with Harrison and Wayne except to say they all play the same position. I'm not saying they aren't good, and that I wouldn't like to have them. I'm just saying that Marvin and Reggie have impressed me more with what I've seen them do on the field than the two Cardinals. That's all.

JMO, though...It never fails that when I actually STATE an opinion, there is someone there to tell me how wrong I am....
    It's simply a matter of opinions. I'm not saying that Fitz and Boldin are better then Harrison and Wayne because they probably aren't. You are right, the Arizona WRs haven't proved anything and I don't think either of them will come close to what Marvin Harrison has done. What I originally said was that they are probably equally as good at the moment because somebody stated that the Arizona offense as a whole sucked. I wasn't telling you that you were wrong or trying to personally insult your opinion. You have to realize I'm not a big Colts fan and watch alot of other NFL teams play more then I do the Colts, so it's not hard for me to forget how good Wayne and Harrison really are. I also am one of the biggest Anquan Boldin fans on planet earth after watching him at FSU.

Maybe AZ will get it turned around - but if they don't Edge may - remember the word may - have tossed away his HOF chance.

I could see him leaving Indy last year - I was surprised to see him go to a suck team.

It's simply a matter of opinions. I'm not saying that Fitz and Boldin are better then Harrison and Wayne because they probably aren't. You are right, the Arizona WRs haven't proved anything and I don't think either of them will come close to what Marvin Harrison has done. What I originally said was that they are probably equally as good at the moment because somebody stated that the Arizona offense as a whole sucked. I wasn't telling you that you were wrong or trying to personally insult your opinion. You have to realize I'm not a big Colts fan and watch alot of other NFL teams play more then I do the Colts, so it's not hard for me to forget how good Wayne and Harrison really are. I also am one of the biggest Anquan Boldin fans on planet earth after watching him at FSU.
    I took a closer look at the AZ boys' stats, and they are definitely good...Putting up those kinds of numbers without Peyton on the throwing end would lead me to believe that they are both the real deal.

I apologize for being so snippy, and you are correct. It is a matter of opinion, and I feel at least somewhat influenced by my proximity to Indianapolis. I can understand someone having other opinions, I was just taking that you were stating fact....I do that alot...Don't mind me...

Thanks for taking the high road.

Maybe AZ will get it turned around - but if they don't Edge may - remember the word may - have tossed away his HOF chance.

I could see him leaving Indy last year - I was surprised to see him go to a suck team.
    I'm not sure he would be HOF material even if he would've stayed in Indy or if he gets similar numbers with the Cards...I loved him before he got hurt, but IMO, he's never been the same kind of devastating RB that he was....I still like the guy, but I don't envy the position he put himself into, aside from the truckload of CASH he's making...

I'm not sure he would be HOF material even if he would've stayed in Indy or if he gets similar numbers with the Cards...I loved him before he got hurt, but IMO, he's never been the same kind of devastating RB that he was....I still like the guy, but I don't envy the position he put himself into, aside from the truckload of CASH he's making...
    He was the all-time RB leading in yards from scrimmage, over Jim Brown and Sweetness.

If he would have stayed, and kept numbers reasonably close to what he has done, which isn't a stretch at all, for a few more years he would be a HOF'er easy. Throw in a ring, and he'd be a first ballot.

The man put up some ginormous numbers in Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    He was the all-time RB leading in yards from scrimmage, over Jim Brown and Sweetness.

If he would have stayed, and kept numbers reasonably close to what he has done, which isn't a stretch at all, for a few more years he would be a HOF'er easy. Throw in a ring, and he'd be a first ballot.

He man put up some ginormous numbers in Indy.
    Yeah - he was over what - 9,000 yards rushing? Another 4 years with 1500 yards/season and he's at 15,000 - that's Payton, Sanders & Emmitt territory.

No way he doesn't get in.

Now? Hard to say - we'll see what happens. He may still make it but IMO it's less likely. But his bank account's healthy.

As far as I know, he is up around 12,000 total yards now, but not sure how much is rushing....

I guess he is one of those deceptive backs that don't really come across as spectacular, like Sanders or Payton were spectacular, but still gets numbers....

I think it is highly unlikely that he can keep averaging 1500 yds. per season, and if it was decided by "mystique", he wouldn't get in unless he really shows it the next four or five seasons...

Good luck to him, but I'm not sold on his HOF worthiness yet...

JMO

Yes, those AZ recievers are great, and they don't have Peyton throwing to them, but they don't have any other good recievers on their team taking passes from coming their directions either.

Wayne, and Harrison have had good guys like Dilger, Stokley, Dallas Clark, and a good recieving back like Edgerrin taking passes away from them as well.