Thread: Addai

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Addai

I missed all of the pre-season games for work, so this was my first impression of Joe Addai.

While the numbers don't show it, I think Addai looked very good. He was able to get some good runs, and show some good speed and power. I absolutely loved his first run, and more specifically the way he finished it (going out of bounds, driving his shoulder through his would-be tackler). I think, if Addai gets the carries, he'll get the yards. He looked 1,000 times better than Dom Rhodes tonight, and I think he will be the #1 within a few games.

It sucks for Dom because he's been good before, and he's been waiting for his opportunity for a while, but he may have just blown it. It's only the first game of the season, but Addai looks a lot better than Dom.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Addai

I really agree. All Madden could talk about was the fact that the Colts couldn't run the ball, but I think New York just did a good job shutting down Rhodes, and Addai didn't really get into a rhythm. I don't think the run is going to be a huge issue, Joseph will continue to get better.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Giants D was really good this game, by good i mean they stopped our ground attack...next week Vs Houston i think our RBs will put up some good numbers and showoff what they can really do.

Thus far though yeah im inpressed with Addai the kid is quick and tough. I love it.

If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    @thatguyjoe84

Banned

Another thing I noticed about Addai tonight, he reads where the holes are going to be real well.

Dom just plain sucks at reading holes. Always has. If it dont open up right in front of his face he aint hitting it. He blew two holes early in the game and another down on the goal line when he ran to the cone. He could have cut it up and in twice and didnt and instead ran right past his block into the tackler.

I sure hope the Colts dont take long in making Addai the primary back.

I never have liked Rhodes, and I hope that Addai just continues to show the coaches signs that he should be the starting back.

I think The Giants did a good job defending the run. Addai is okay in my eyes but, I think any half way decent RB would look good on the Colts with that O line making those holes.

Hard to really tell because neither back really got the ball enough to make a really clear decision..but yeah, Addai looked much more explosive in terms of his speed and hard running.

Maybe Edge spoiled me, but I'm not that impressed with either of them.

I'd of rather gone with DB, maybe Kelly Jennings or Jimmy Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe Edge spoiled me, but I'm not that impressed with either of them.

I'd of rather gone with DB, maybe Kelly Jennings or Jimmy Williams.
    We have Antoine Bethea who looks like he should be pretty good.
    Colts would have been nuts not to pick up a RB in the 1st round , especially if they were not intending on keeping Edge or trading for a RB.

Addai only carried the ball seven times for 26 yds. I'll take a 3.7 avg any day.

The problem is one back needs to get the majority of the touches.
    I expect Addai to be the guy sooner rather than later..

By the way, just noticed this. Rhodes carried the ball nine times more than Addai and gained a whopping 3 more yards total rushing !

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade View Post
    By the way, just noticed this. Rhodes carried the ball nine times more than Addai and gained a whopping 3 more yards total rushing !
    Because Nick has no speed. There is a reason the Colts went RB in the first round.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

The only problem is that Addai can only run the ball outside of the tackles. Any time he tried going up the middle, he was stuck at the line of scrimmage.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    The only problem is that Addai can only run the ball outside of the tackles. Any time he tried going up the middle, he was stuck at the line of scrimmage.

I dont agree, he was stuffed because of our line. However I agree with your assessment that neither running back got the ball enough to make a clear cut decision. But what I did see Addai should be the full time starter by week 4 - 5. He can do it all, while Dom OTOH, I didnt think that he blocked really well and catching the ball out of the backfield was non existant.

I hate the 2 back system for this reason, neither running back and get a flow of the game, when they are substituting for each other every other play.

Like Madden said if you have a true running game, there is only one running back i.e. alexander, barber, tomlinson etc. I believe Addai can be the sole starter, with Dom giving him a spell every now and then.

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Addai ran well, from what little he ran. He needs to definitely get more carries than he did today.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

_PD_

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Addai ran well, from what little he ran. He needs to definitely get more carries than he did today.
    I'll bet you'll see more carries by Addai in each game and fewer and fewer by Rhodes, until Addai is the go to guy. That's assuming Rhodes continues to average < 2 YPC and Addai > 3.

I think they're still trying to sort out who is who in that backfield and for that you need to generate regular season stats. We may find that one of them excels under certain game or field situations. It'll take time.

Banned

The Colts are just being respectful to Dom for all the time he has put in here. He has earned the right to try and prove he can be a number one back.

With that being said, his days as the number one back are numbered. Addai, while probably not an elite all-pro back, is certainly a very good back that will give you 1200 plus yards a year on the ground and 40-50 receptions. He is a complete back that fits what we do on offense to a tee.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dom better hope his seat on the bench is still warm. After today's game, 16 carries for 82 yards and 2 catches for 22 more, Joe Addai is going to be deemed starter next week. While Dom will still get carries, Addai will be the #1. He has the quickness, and the vision to be a very good back in the NFL.

Sorry Dom, we appreciate your contributions, but Joe is just a better back.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    Dom better hope his seat on the bench is still warm. After today's game, 16 carries for 82 yards and 2 catches for 22 more, Joe Addai is going to be deemed starter next week. While Dom will still get carries, Addai will be the #1. He has the quickness, and the vision to be a very good back in the NFL.

I certainly hope you're right. Addai proved today that he is legit. Granted, it was not against one of the best defenses in the NFL, but he has this confidence in his game that's nice to see. With a guy of his age, let him build upon that...give him that trust and let him fly.

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post

My guess is rather than alternating possessions, Indy will move to 2 possessions for Addai, 1 for Rhodes and try to get to 3-1 by the end of the season. I doubt Dungy wants him carrying 30 times a game just yet. In blowouts like today he may even stick to the alternating possession thing to save him.

No doubt who's the better back - Rhodes just isn't as quick to the hole as he used to be - and I don't think he was as quick as Addai even three years ago though he was quicker than he is now. And he was never as explosive through the hole.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Good to see Addai get those hard yards as well after the catch or the initial tackle. Scary how he almost looks like Edge out there at times. He's got good forward speed as well as lateral to make the first defender miss.

Why Not Us ?

I already love this dude.

My motto for this season: Addai's the Guy!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?