Thread: Pacers vs. Celtics - Game 3 - Unsung Player of the Game

Booger

Default Pacers vs. Celtics - Game 3 - Unsung Player of the Game

First, I would like to present the winner of the Unsung Player of the Game in game 2, Austin Croshere, with the prestigious .

Congrats, Cro.

Now, it's time to vote for the Unsung Player of the Game for game 3. Here's a quick refresher on the rules...

Rules:
    1. I will list 4 players who I feel are most deserving of the award. However, you may vote for "Other", just be sure to specify somewhere in the thread who you vote for and why.
    2. You may only vote for one player.
    3. Poll will usually run for two days, or until the day of the next playoff game.
    4. You may vote for anyone, but keep in mind the usual suspects (JO, Ron, etc.) will usually not be worthy of this award because they stuff the stat sheet. That doesn't mean you should never vote for them, however.
    5. The winner of the award will be announced in the next Unsung Player of the Game thread and will be presented with the prestigious --->
    6. At the end of the playoffs, I will total who collects the most , and I will drink a beer in their honor. Maybe six.

I watched the ESPN broadcast of the game, as they seemed to have a better picture than WB4. Brent and whathisname obviously don't do many NBA games. They were awful. Anyhow, thanks to them, it made my decision for this game pretty easy.

I think there are a few guys deserving of the honor in game 3. Namely, they would be Artest, Foster, and Fred Jones. JB and Al also had absolute monster games, but were praised repeatedly throughout the game and I imagine they will be in the papers, as well.

Artest was unbelievable tonight. He's absolutely frightening with 4 days off. I think Pierce had 9 pts. tonight, and Ron just absolutely shut him down, got him into foul trouble, etc. Just outstanding.

However, to me, it seemed Foster was getting us 2nd chance opportunities all night and had his usual put back points. He was everywhere in the first half. And for that reason, I vote for Jeff.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers vs. Celtics - Game 3 - Unsung Player of the Game

I can't vote any of them ..the whole bench

sweabs

I have to say Jeff Foster for "unsung" - he was down there fightin for every rebound/loose ball just like Jeff always does - I love that guy - he is such a workhorse and those are the guys that get my respect.

I saw Pollard at the end of the game and he was knocking the ball loose, which not even Al mentioned during the broadcast...He deserves the recognition for his effort.

Bender put the game out of reach twice so I vote for him. Unsung I guess because Harrington gets all the credit for being high scorer. Bender did admittedly make some during trash time, but he was the game changer. The Skinny Assassin strikes again.

I saw Pollard at the end of the game and he was knocking the ball loose, which not even Al mentioned during the broadcast...He deserves the recognition for his effort.

Did you vote for him too?