Thread: OT: Kobe was framed because he's black, lawyer says

Default OT: Kobe was framed because he's black, lawyer says

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Default Re: OT: Kobe was framed because he's black, lawyer says

Hey, why not? It worked for OJ. Michael Jackson is next.

I am so sick of this crap :finger:
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Problem is, MJ is not black.

Problem is, MJ is not black.

Neither was O.J.

I haven't been following the case too closely, but this seems to be a new low for the defense.

Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can Johnny Cocharan be far behind???

BTW the lead defense lawyer...she be from an Indiana High School. ed:
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Man, I hate that. He was going to win anyway, why's he have to break that out? I tell you one thing, that might not fly as well in Colorado. The charge might stick in Indy or the South, but not in Colorado.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

That racist t-shirt thing still cracks me up, that is just a pitiful accusation. I miss my WTF? thread that went over that issue more deeply. It saddens me that I am becoming a paralegal...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All I can do is just shake my head. :
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

I see prejudice right there... FREE KOBE! ed:

Funny you say that, me being a black man and all...
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

Funny you say that, me being a black man and all...
    FREE KOBE!

Actually, I'm going to take my last post even farther. I am so F'ing sick of the race card being used. I'm not going to say that it does not exist, because I would be foolish, but I will say that it is over used. Personally, I am so sick of it being used as a damn crutch in our community.

Funny thing, my wife was listening to the Russ Parr morning show and told me she was in utter shock about hearing all the criticism that Isiah Thomas was taking when Mike Fratello was thought to be the head coach. And no, the criticism was not for any coaching reasons...It was just because he was not black!!! Isiah was not using his position to advance their agenda and they were pissed!!!

Prejudice is a two way street, and I fu'king hate it. And for you "Naturally Stoned" to acuse me of being prejudice is just plain bush league. The reason I mentioned that I was shaking my head was the fact that I hoped this case with Kobe didn't come down to race, because race issues don't like this don't help anyone.

Personally, I want to believe Kobe is innocent, the whole case seems like complete Bull***** from the original story, to the girl showing up to the rape exam with some other man's sperm in her panties, to the judge saying the prosecutions eveidence was barely enough to warrent a trial. I do know one thing though... Kobe is guilty of horrible judgement on many aspects.

What a first...being called prejudiced. I guess there is a first for everything!!!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

Prejudice is a two way street, and I fu'king hate it. And for you "Naturally Stoned" to acuse me of being prejudice is just plain bush league. The reason I mentioned that I was shaking my head was the fact that I hoped this case with Kobe didn't come down to race, because race issues don't like this don't help anyone.
    !
    Dude I have never met you. I was not being serious when i used the word prejudice, and i was not calling you that but i was calling your sentence prejudiced. Even as a white person I have seen the ugliness of racism and prejudice. I hate it as well, I have 8 relatives that are black.

I think it ****ing ridiculous that if a white cop shoots a black man, then all hell breaks lose. A black man shoots another black man... Nothing. A white cop shoots a white person... Nothing. A black cop shoots a white person... Nothing. White shoots black, prejudice and rascism rear its ugly head.

I really didn't mean harm with my comment...

!
    Dude I have never met you. I was not being serious when i used the word prejudice, and i was not calling you that but i was calling your sentence prejudiced. Even as a white person I have seen the ugliness of racism and prejudice. I hate it as well, I have 8 relatives that are black.

I think it ****ing ridiculous that if a white cop shoots a black man, then all hell breaks lose. A black man shoots another black man... Nothing. A white cop shoots a white person... Nothing. A black cop shoots a white person... Nothing. White shoots black, prejudice and rascism rear its ugly head.

Really, I know that I should have made my statement crystal clear, but I guess I didn't reallize how bad it could have sounded if taken the wrong way.

All I ment when I said, All I can do is shake my head...Was, I just didn't want the trial to come down to race...That is all!

Being black...I get very tired of all issues being fairly, or unfairly twisted into a race issue.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

!

Really, I know that I should have made my statement crystal clear, but I guess I didn't reallize how bad it could have sounded if taken the wrong way.

All I ment when I said, All I can do is shake my head...Was, I just didn't want the trial to come down to race...That is all!

Being black...I get very tired of all issues being fairly, or unfairly twisted into a race issue.
    I was just showing how frivolous those accusations have become. No matter what you say, it's laced with prejudice. Sigh...

It's weird here in the southwest. "Black" and "white" are still there, but racism often means Hispanic or Asian. Our society has tunnel vision to think of "race" as "black and white."

You know what I love about america? The melting pot. I'm all about it.

----

Anthem

Proud possessor of genetic code from more ethnicities than I know what to do with.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

First of all, it doesn't matter if another man's semen was in her panties. IF the act happened - it happened.

Secondly, this race card thing is getting out of hand. There is a price to pay for it. I could be totally wrong, but I believe there is a backlash to the entire black community when the race card is played to benefit ONE individual. It's being played to much to the detriment of the black culture.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Mood

You have to take notice of what the problem is for Kobe. It's a he said/she said case where there's not a lot of evidence to support either side. Right now he can't really prove that he had consentual sex. I can see that and can't fault his defense lawyers for trying to do something. But so far they have thrown out everything in the book. The race card is just the latest thing to be used. Right now to Kobe's lawyers, the sexual encounter didn't even happen. The girl is a liar and a whore who just decided to accuse poor Kobe of rape because of the mere fact that he is black. They're out to prove the victim guilty and not their client innocent...

Right now he can't really prove that he had consentual sex.
    Not to nit-pick, but he doesn't have to. They have to prove, (well, beyond a reasonable doubt) that it was not consentual. Same thing? Not quite. IMO, there is enough reasonable doubt already on the physical evidence that he is going to be found not guilty.

Given that she had sex with another man *after* the alledged incindent, I can't say that any physical injuries were caused beyond a reasonable doubt by Kobe.

Maybe this indicates that the defenses' case is weaker than the press would have us believe.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Mood

But will her pre/post sexual actions will allowed into court?