Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ROT IN HELL, TOSHIBA AND NEWEGG!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: ROT IN HELL, TOSHIBA AND NEWEGG!!!

Actually, nothing yet. I was too focused on Finals to pursue it further, but I tried to call them once more today and still no luck. No box ever arrived to ship it back in, either.

I'm planning on contacting my credit card company (I paid through debit) and see what can be done, but I'm not really sure what to ask them or how to approach it.

Unless things are really extremely different, the fact that you paid by debit card makes you a loser on that front, there is no guarantee on that one.

What you should simply do is call Toshiba (and not the tech or warranty department but the head office) and tell them that you are having these problems, explain that it seriously damages your study results and that you are fed up, either they replace it with an upgraded notebook within the next 48 hours or you will not only file a complaint with every agency this side of the world but also all student (news) papers you can find to find similar victims, which considering the way you are handled there have to be plenty of) in order to start a lawsuit and press campaign.

In the meantime get in touch with the uni's paper and start talking to someone who might like a David and Goliath story, get the ball rolling.

Had it been in the EU I could certainly have helped you, but in this case there is very little I can do alas.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

The debit thing was my thinking as well, though it doesn't matter because every time I call the line is busy.

I just submitted another complaint with the BBB, and threatened legal action if it isn't resolved before my next semester of school begins. I requested either a new replacement or a refund. We'll see if that bears any fruit before going any further. But they obviously aren't taking me seriously, as they never answer when I call and they never return my calls.

Another thing: if they agree to replace/refund my laptop, there is no way in hell I'm sending it to them first. With the way this has gone they will likely "lose" my laptop somewhere along the way. I already have proof that their own local representatives have replaced various defective parts to the laptop, so it's obviously defective.

I just got a call from Toshiba and after working on the laptop, they've determined that they can't fix it and will be sending me a replacement. I just have to wait for them to send me an e-mail to sign for consent to get a brand new replacement, same model, and fax it back to them and they'll send the new laptop to me.

VINDICATION!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good to hear...

Hopefully it's the end of it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Will you do me a favor Shade? WEill you please write ROT IN HELL TOSHIBA!!!!! on the shipping slip, take a picture, and make it your new avatar?

[edit]BTW I'm glad to hear that you got this resolved. I've had trouble with my Xbox 360 but Microsoft has been way better about it than what you have experienced. [/edit]