Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ROT IN HELL, TOSHIBA AND NEWEGG!!!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: ROT IN HELL, TOSHIBA AND NEWEGG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 years in a row is consistent.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

2 years in a row is consistent.
    You made a funny.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

ehhh yall can holla when ur "amazing " franchise wins a title instead of flopping in the playoffs. Colts too.

At least we "suck" during the season too.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

ehhh yall can holla when ur "amazing " franchise wins a title instead of flopping in the playoffs. Colts too.

LMFAO!!!! ARe you serious?............

How about you "holla" when any of your franchises around here, ANY OF THEM, win something. And no, DC United does not count.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    LMFAO!!!! ARe you serious?............

How about you "holla" when any of your franchises around here, ANY OF THEM, win something. And no, DC United does not count.
    I'm sorry, but Washington does hold the bragging rights when it comes to winning, even if it is "ancient" history. At least the Wizards/Bullets and 'Skins have trophies in their cases.

Talk about hijacking a thread!

Mood

And no, DC United does not count.
    Y not??
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    I'm sorry, but Washington does hold the bragging rights when it comes to winning, even if it is "ancient" history. At least the Wizards/Bullets and 'Skins have trophies in their cases.
    exactly.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post

Talk about hijacking a thread!
    I'm sorry, but no they dont.

I was not even including the Skins, but Im talking RECENT. Sure, the Wizards have a NBA title. The Pacers have a few ABA titles. That's great. Old news. Im talking current.

Y not??
    I am not going into this, since I have never once heard you claim alegance to them

exactly.
    negative. 1978 was a LONG time ago.

Mood

I am not going into this, since I have never once heard you claim alegance to them
    I don't like them. I was jus asking.

And for the record I am also not a BIG fan of the Nats, they're ok. I am a fan of the Cleveland Indians.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

This is why I don't buy laptops. You can't get in there and fix them yourself.

Newegg responded and continues to insist that it's Toshiba's responsibility to replace it. But they did offer me a $40 credit on my next purchase.

So, now I'm going to go after Toshiba. I'm having more and more problems with my laptop every day. It's quite obvious I have a lemon.

*Sighs*

But, Shade, keep fighting.

Just to update, I am STILL fighting them over this.

I finally decided to give up and just send the laptop back to Toshiba for repair, so I contacted the person I've been speaking to in California and left a message to contact me and tell me what I need to do to take care of this. Over 2 weeks passed, and after three voicemails left, no reply.

So, I took it back to the local rep and dropped it off, where they had it for about 2 weeks. They said they had to replace the memory on two chips, as well as the motherboard. As a kicker, the guy said he THINKS it was a new board. As another bonus, since the board is different, my recovery discs no longer work.

So, I take it home, and it's still having many of the same problems. It takes forever to load, freezes whenever I run any kind of video media software, and after a few minutes goes to a blue sceen and attempts a "physical memory dump." The only thing that seems to be fixed is that the fan no longer blows out a ton of air and the laptop no longer kicks itself back on when I shut it down.

So, I call Cali again, requesting to send it in for repair. Over another week passes, no call. So, I call a different support number, and after spending about 30 minutes talking to a rep who it sounds like is typing on a typewriter, I am told a box will be sent in a couple days to ship the laptop back in for reapir.

Of course, shortly after hanging up, I FINALLY get a call back from the guy in Cali. I tell him it's already been taken care of, and he tells me to call him if I need anything further.

It's been another week, and no box has arrived. I called Cali, no answer. I left a message stating that I'm tired of dealing with this and I want a replacement laptop now, and to contact me back ASAP to make further arrangements. I wasn't rude, but I was stern about it.

What I'm wondering is, what legal recourse do I have here if I decide to pursue a lawsuit? It's a $900 computer that I NEED for school, and I can't afford another one. I don't want to take things that far, but I'm not just going to bend over for them. This has been going on for, like, three months now. I feel I've been more than patient enough in dealing with this.

I am SERIOUSLY pissed off about this whole experience. Toshiba (and NewEgg) will never get another penny from me.

Shade,

Do you still have your Dell 5150? You might want to check with them and see if it's still under warranty. I think they automatically extended the warranties of all the 5150s because of a class action suit for the motherboard short issue.

That doesn't help your Toshiba problem, but it might get your old laptop working at 100%.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Shade,

Do you still have your Dell 5150? You might want to check with them and see if it's still under warranty. I think they automatically extended the warranties of all the 5150s because of a class action suit for the motherboard short issue.

That doesn't help your Toshiba problem, but it might get your old laptop working at 100%.
    I never bought a 5150. It was one or the other, and I opted for the Toshiba, which seemed like a good idea at the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I never bought a 5150. It was one or the other, and I opted for the Toshiba, which seemed like a good idea at the time...
    Maybe this is too late, but don't buy Toshiba. They fall apart. Best $1,500 I ever spent!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Shade,

I think you're thinking of me. Wish I had known about the class action suit before now. Could have saved a lot of dinero.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    I think you're thinking of me. Wish I had known about the class action suit before now. Could have saved a lot of dinero.
    My bad. I knew *somebody* had a 5150.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Alright, they're obviously not taking me seriously. Still no return phone call and still no shipping box.

What would you guys do in this situtation? I'm considering calling again today and stating that if this is not resolved within the next few days, netting me a brand-new replacement or refund, I will be pursuing legal action. I'm also about to file another complaint with the BBB about this, as well as contact PayPal/my CC company (though I paid with a debit card) and seeing if there's anything that can be done as far getting a refund if they refuse to replace it. I have the paperwork from the local reps that worked on the laptop proving they've had to replace all this crap on it, so that should definitely help my case.

I would contact Paypal and your credit card company.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    I would contact Paypal and your credit card company.
    The only thing I'm unsuare about that is, I purcahsed the laptop from newegg.com, but the warranty is through Toshiba. If I qualify for a refund, which company would owe it to me?

The Credit Card/Paypal company would go after Newegg because they are the one who sold it.

I'd look into the State Atty General's office. There should be a Consumer affairs contact. That is in addition to contacting Paypal/credit card and BBB.

If you are serious about this then you have to make the right noise. I wouldn't waste my time with hiring an attorney though. If you can't afford to eat the laptop then you probably can't afford the atty either.

Save your paperwork. Copy Copy Copy. Take notes when you are on the phone.

Newegg is typically pretty good so you've obviously gotten into some kind of grey area here with them.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Any update for us Shade? Have you taken the appropriate steps to file a complaint (I meant to ask you about this Saturday but I was kind of shy that whole time).

I actually was just talking to a lawyer who was telling me a similar story to your today, just made me thing about this thread again.