Firstly, I changed the name of this thread because if this isn't a "ROT IN HELL!!!" calibur thread, I don't know what is.

Now, onto the updates. :

I took the noteback back to the local rep, and they said the laptop won't work until I get the recovery CDs installed. The guy forgot to copy over the internal recovery partition, so I no longer have the ability to access it.

They dug up a copy of XP for me, so I could use the laptop until then. He told me it would take about 30 minutes. Of course, none of the drivers I needed were installed (they're all included in the recovery), so three hours later, I finally get it back.

I get it home, fire it up to make sure it still works, then shut it down. When I shut it down, it kicks back on again and begins blowing hot air out of the side of the laptop.

So, I call Toshiba again. They tell me it's probably a problem with the cooling system. Which means, this notebook came without the system fully installed, with a bad harddrive, and with a bad cooling system.

Anyway, I'm fed up with this, so I told her I'm done messing around with it and I want a replacement. She tells me that Newegg should be issuing the replacement, since Toshiba doesn't replace laptops not purchased directly from them. Newegg, however, tells me the exact opposite.

So, now, I've been on hold for over 20 minutes waiting to talk to customer service about getting this resolved.

I'm about one more negative thing away from going on a two-company killing spree.