Thread: Will we make another move that will make us contenders?

Jer_Freak

Default Will we make another move that will make us contenders?

It's no secret ..... Donnie has said he wants to make another move but the QUESTION! is what kind of move? Small, Good, BIG, HUGE????? because i'm hoping for a good shooter someone like Ben Gordon but in reality i know we won't have a chance at him but the beauty of being a fan is hoping for something.

C: JO
    PF: Al
    SF: Granger
    SG: Gordon
    PG: Tinsley/Jasik

that line-up is a killer. i really hope we have a Master plan to get us what we really lack which is a shooter...

cariocapacer

Default Re: Will we make another move that will make us contenders?

No.

Sports Logo

I wouldn't be surprised if we do nothing. If we do....it will be for one of the fringe players ( Greene, Powell, Marshall or Edwards ) for $$$.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I personally am not anticipating any other significant moves. Anything would be small. However a "small" acquisition that fills a need area could offer some help. I would, of course, be ecstatic if surprised by a larger deal.

At this point I'm just taking the approach that our 15 guys will come from the current group. If that is the case, cross you fingers for Jack and Tins. They'd be keys for us to be a serious threat. That and a breakthrough of sorts from somebody who as of yet hasn't been a consistent contributor.

I know it won't happen, but I would love to have Ben Gordon on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by indyman37 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know it won't happen, but I would love to have Ben Gordon on this team.
    He possesses an element the Pacers have lacked for several years: quickness. He is also a clutch scorer and capable 3pt shooter. Some things we are definitely short on right now. We need a go to guy badly.

Not going to happen....but here goes. I am happy Big Al is with us, but I think we need Gordon much more than we need Harrington. The talent level is about even IMO...but we need the 3pt threat and quickness more than having Granger watch Al's fadeaway from the bench.

So, based on our current lineup, I would trade Al for Gordon tomorrow. Then all we need to do is trade Jax for another big body...then we are in business.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There are two questions here.

The first is 'will we make another move?' It's very possible. We've got so many little pieces, as well as another TE (I think). There is the possibility of another move, but I wouldn't bank on it being a big move. Some one would have to buy into the potential of one of our younger guys - or get high enough to take Jackson from us. I could see another move, but I can't imagine it being very big.

The second question is 'will it make us contenders?' Unfortunately, I don't think so. I love what we've done so far, and would love to drink the 'Contender Kool-Aid,' but I just don't see it yet. If we pulled a big enough move, for a real 2 guard that's a real 3-pt threat, then we'd have good chance. But, like I said, I don't feel that any up-coming moves will be too big, so, I don't see it making us a contender.

We'll be a much better team, a lot more fun to watch, a lot more energy, and a new fire (hopefully). I'm just not yet convinced that we're contenders.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    There are two questions here.

The first is 'will we make another move?' It's very possible. .
    To back up your point. Don't forget DW said that after the personnel moves are done they will take care of Rick Carlisle. And they haven't taken care of Rick yet, so that makes me think there will be some more personnel moves

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd love to get Steve Francis on this team. Especially if it only cost us like Tins and Jack. I know some will puke at the idea but if he could play like Stevie Franchise with Al and JO we would be SICK.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I agree with the previous posts. There will be another move. But I'm not expecting it to be huge.

Great point, Uncle Buck, about no action on Carlisle.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Mood

That is a good point UB, I didn't think about that.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

There will likely be a few minor moves before the season starts. But during the season I expect the Pacers to come up in a lot of rumors for big name players, unless this squad somehow starts out on fire.

I like Ben Gordon, but I'd wet my pants if they could get Barbosa (I know, he just re-signed).

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    To back up your point. Don't forget DW said that after the personnel moves are done they will take care of Rick Carlisle. And they haven't taken care of Rick yet , so that makes me think there will be some more personnel moves
    Hmmm......take care of? as in.....take care of....Sonny Corleone style.....or take care of....as in $$$$ ?

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Hmmm......take care of? as in.....take care of....Sonny Corleone style.....or take care of....as in $$$$ ?
    We're gonna hafta get rid of him boss, he knows too much.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

i think DW is looking to make another move, but hasn't found anything he likes. jax is probably the most obvious choice to be moved but his value is pretty low right now. i don't see DW or LB giving him away for next to nothing.

foster is another i guy i could see being shopped....he should be able to net us a solid player, especially if you throw jax in with him. if we sign another big man that is capable of 10-15 mins a night, i would expect we have a deal for foster in place.

i would love to have ben gordon on this team as well......he's an amazing shooter. don't know how well he would fit in the backcourt with tins....big time defensive liability. a gordon/daniels backcourt could be pretty damn good though. getting gordon would be very tough though.....i would imagine harrison would have to be part of the deal along with another player and possibly picks.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    foster is another i guy i could see being shopped....he should be able to net us a solid player, especially if you throw jax in with him. if we sign another big man that is capable of 10-15 mins a night, i would expect we have a deal for foster in place.
    I agree that Foster is likely to be used as trade bait to possibly move SJax as well.......but i would hope that the both of them can yield a Big Man that can play more then 10-15 minutes.

If we give up Foster and SJax.....any Big Man that we get would have enough minutes to play between 20-25 minutes a game....basically taking Foster's minutes. A Big Man that can play between 10-15 minutes would be considered a 4th-5th Big Man / PF / C option....we need one that can be the first Big Man off the bench.....basically what Foster does right now.

Mood

Maybe the plan is to keep a very short leash on SJax, to make his image better, then deal him at or before the deadline for a good shooter and make a good second-half/playoff run.

SJax and Foster does make a pretty good deal, but if we wait until the deadline to make the deal, we'd better be able to cover for the loss of Foster somehow because the role he fills is even more important in the playoffs, IMO.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake