Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

  1. #1
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    So, I decided to upgrade my IPod today with a new IPod Video. I pick one up at Best Buy, get it home, and play around with it for a couple minutes. I plug it into my USB port and load ITunes, and begin transferring my music and photos over. After it supposedly completes, ITunes freezes and my IPod is stuck on the "Do Not Disconnect" screen. I can't even turn the damn thing off. I am SOOOO ****ing pissed off right now. This **** happens to me all the ****ing time!!!!!

  2. #2
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    I thought my video Ipod was ****ed up at first. But then I realized you can restart your iPod manually. Hold down (at the same time) "Menu" and "Select" for at least 3-10 seconds. That should cause it to re-start.

  3. #3
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    Nope, it does nothing. It looks to me like the hard drive is defective.

  4. #4
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    Did you do it with the iPod disconnected from the computer?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    1. I'm so sorry. Did you get some kind of protection plan/warrenty

    2. You owe me money for the royalties of the "ROT IN HELL, X COMPANY" in your title

  6. #6
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    I'm sorry Shade but I'm a horrible person but

    LMAO

    The way you said that was freaking out of this world funny. You can have my ipod mini that I got 3 years ago, I charge it for 24 hours and it works for 8 minutes.

  7. #7
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you do it with the iPod disconnected from the computer?
    Yeah.

  8. #8
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. I'm so sorry. Did you get some kind of protection plan/warrenty

    2. You owe me money for the royalties of the "ROT IN HELL, X COMPANY" in your title
    1. Not, but I just bought it a few hours ago, so they should replace it. It was defective out of the box. Worst case scenario, it falls under Apple's limited warranty, but I'd have to send it to them and I don't want to hassle with that crap. I JUST BOUGHT the ****ing thing.

    2. Apple has my money. Get it from them.

  9. #9
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    SUE

  10. #10
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry Shade but I'm a horrible person but

    LMAO

    The way you said that was freaking out of this world funny. You can have my ipod mini that I got 3 years ago, I charge it for 24 hours and it works for 8 minutes.
    I have a mini. I had to replace my battery in it a few weeks ago because of the same problem. IPod batteries are ****, but I hadn't had any problems outside of that.

  11. #11
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    I'm just going to wait for my **** to not work at all so I can show it to my dad and ask for a new one.

  12. #12
    dennaB Twes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,939

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    My walkman plays the radio for months on the same batteries.

    It could freeze up and I wouldn't give a flying #@*&.


  13. #13
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    lol You got a walkman.

  14. #14
    dennaB Twes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,939

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol You got a walkman.
    You let me know if you need to borrow it.

  15. #15
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    Aight man, thanks. I got this old Rick James tape, I'm trying to rock on my way to school.

  16. #16
    Member Ron who?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    479

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just going to wait for my **** to not work at all so I can show it to my dad and ask for a new one.
    heh thats what i did.. but my dad said "no, you made a poor investment" but my mom said she'll get one for me and my B-day is coming up so i sorta know a new iPod is coming

  17. #17
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    Ah, after about 1349846161984984 attempts, it FINALLY rebooted. But now, for some weird reason, most of the videos I attempt to import won't work.

  18. #18
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron who? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    heh thats what i did.. but my dad said "no, you made a poor investment" but my mom said she'll get one for me and my B-day is coming up so i sorta know a new iPod is coming
    You better slap your dad around. I go like Dad I need a new IPod, he is like no. I go what you say to me boy? He backs down and goes to Best Buy and gets my ****. Thats how you do it.

  19. #19
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You better slap your dad around. I go like Dad I need a new IPod, he is like no. I go what you say to me boy? He backs down and goes to Best Buy and gets my ****. Thats how you do it.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  20. #20
    dennaB Twes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,939

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aight man, thanks. I got this old Rick James tape, I'm trying to rock on my way to school.
    No tapes. Just radio.


  21. #21
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah, after about 1349846161984984 attempts, it FINALLY rebooted. But now, for some weird reason, most of the videos I attempt to import won't work.
    Make sure you go to apple.com and get the latest software for the iPod.

  22. #22
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,264
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    You buncha wimps, paying all that money so you can plug in anywhere.

    My betamax and 8 track work just fine for me!


    I DON'T NEED NO STUPID EARPHONES!
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  23. #23
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,260
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    this may be the funniest thread of all time.
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  24. #24

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!


  25. #25
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,260
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ROT IN HELL, APPLE!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    coolest smiley ever

    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •