Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBS SPORTSLINES TOP 20 SMALL FORWARDS

RON ARTEST

Default CBS SPORTSLINES TOP 20 SMALL FORWARDS

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/9639797 if you dont agree with it then i would appreciate it if you can post your own top 20, i would also appreciate it if one of you can post it where everyone can see it because i dont know how to do that.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: CBS SPORTSLINES TOP 20 SMALL FORWARDS

Pierce and T-Mac are ball-hogging chuckers who play the 3 like a 2. Both are seriously overrated on this list. I also would put Prince behind Kirilenko.

Drop PP and TMac down behind AK47 and Prince, just ahead of Odom and Jefferson, at least until they show some defense or some quality shot selection.

Banned

I would not consider Pierce a ball hog. He has averaged between 4 and 5 assists a game the last 4 years in a row. Which is pretty impressive considering the over all talent level on those teams during that time period.

For that team the last few years, Pierce needed to be taking a lot of shots for them to have any chance to win. It aint like he has ever had any real help there. And no I dont consider Antoine (speaking of ball hogging chuckers) real help.

He has always been surrounded by other perimeter players. He has never had a solid post player to play with. I think if Pierce ever did get a decent post player you would see his game go to a whole new level. I think Boston's management has done a flat out terrible job building around him.

I'd put Carmello 2nd on that list, followed by Pierce, Marion, and then Artest. After that, it gets a lot muddier.

5 years ago, TMac should have been #2, but to put him up there now is just silly, especially with the kind of year Pierce had.

Further down the list, I think Richard Jefferson is ranked a little low, and based on last year, Odom is a bit too high.

How good are all those guys at team play though? I'm no longer impressed by someone being one of the the best in the NBA when NBA all star teams get beat in International competition year after year.

SportsCenter and Sterns policy of publicizing stars have did a disservice to basketball in this country.

There are so many things I want to comment on but I'll just keep it brief for now...I just don't understand how Shawn Marion can be considered worse this year than last year...what more does the man have to do? I don't think you have a Phoenix Suns without this guy playing...no one plays 40 minutes so hard. Must be the same guys who let out the Marion trade rumor earlier this summer. For all you Granger fans...Marion is about a best-case scenario for Danny...and Danny isn't nearly as athletic, though I think he can develop a better feel for the game...best-case scenario.

Leisure Suit Larry

Oh my God, how is the Danny Granger not #1 or even in the top 20. Haven't they heard this guy is like a Scottie Pippen clone.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pierce and T-Mac are ball-hogging chuckers who play the 3 like a 2. Both are seriously overrated on this list. I also would put Prince behind Kirilenko.

Drop PP and TMac down behind AK47 and Prince, just ahead of Odom and Jefferson, at least until they show some defense or some quality shot selection.
    How could you call 27- 6- 5 while amost avg 2 steals a game over rated??? Pierce has been tremendously under rated his entire career and has been nothing but clutch and loyal to his team, and has never been a cancer or a problem either. Guys like these are a rare comodity.

Leisure Suit Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    How could you call 27- 6- 5 while amost avg 2 steals a game over rated??? Pierce has been tremendously under rated his entire career and has been nothing but clutch and loyal to his team, and has never been a cancer or a problem either. Guys like these are a rare comodity.
    True

I'd put RJ much higher. He can hit every shot, has excellent playmaking skills, is the best defender on their team and can rebound. LeBron, Pierce, RJ, Artest, Kirilenko. That's my top 5. Subject to change.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow... I disagree with this post on so many levels. Tracy McGrady is an excellent defender, Pierce is about average, but he works hard on the defensive side. And yeah, Paul Peirce shooting 47% from the field last season really speaks volumes about his poor shooting selecting. If you didn't know, that's the same percentage our number 1 post player shoots.

My top 5 is Lebron, Pierce, Marion, TMac, Artest.

I wouldnt trade Danny Granger for anyone in the top 10.

Leisure Suit Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    I wouldnt trade Danny Granger for anyone in the top 10.
    You wouldn't trade him for Lebron or Melo? You're out of your mind.

gerald wallace should be top 10. he's one of the most underrated players in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    gerald wallace should be top 10. he's one of the most underrated players in the league.
    Yeah, we know.

Gerald Wallace = The next underrated player that is so underrated he is soon going to be overrated and overpaid. For other references see Ben Wallace and soon Josh Howard.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Guys ranked too low:

Carmello, Marion, AK-47, Jefferson (way too low), Harrington (but at the wrong position, Al's not a SF, period.), Granger.

Guys ranked too high:

Artest, Caron Butler, Bowen, Peja, Mike Miller.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Leisure Suit Larry

I like the "Also Considered" part, they just list every other small forward.

Another example of how wildly underrated Paul Pierce is. The guy shot 47% last year from the field and got to the line over 10 times per game. He also played on a team that can't win without his scoring. He's one the most reliable guys in the League when you need a bucket late. He rebounds and passes and plays plus defense. Not sure what there is to dislike about Pierce.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Suit Larry View Post
    Of course not, its Danny Granger lord and savior on PD, how could you trade him for a proven player. Also I hate when we picked up a few good players this offseason to help us win games, them helping us win games all means that it will slow Danny down from being the #2 option on the worst team in the east.

Banned

I see Jermaniac is out trolling today. Good luck, I hope you catch a big one.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Another example of how wildly underrated Paul Pierce is. The guy shot 47% last year from the field and got to the line over 10 times per game. He also played on a team that can't win without his scoring. He's one the most reliable guys in the League when you need a bucket late. He rebounds and passes and plays plus defense. Not sure what there is to dislike about Pierce.
    This is the only positive thing said so far about Peirce that I disagree with. He carries his team and can score in the fourth but the guy misses close out free throws all the time as well as potential game winners and the like. Not that he's abismal at them or something but he's average to below average (for a player of his caliber) at them.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Meh, this list has come odd things in it if you asked me. I think Prince is too high.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

That list is garbage. Gerald Wallace nowhere to be found, while Ricky Davis and Bruce Bowen are?

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Suit Larry View Post
    He's just joking.
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Granger will make the top 20 list next year. Possible top 10 in 2 or 3 years. He's not top 20 yet. I expect his game to improve each of the next 5 years. The question is how good will he get. The addition of Al should open things up for him a bit.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)