Thread: Members from DC Area - Housing Advice

streets ahead

Default Members from DC Area - Housing Advice

i am going to be moving to the DC area this Fall for an Internship around the Mt. Vernon Sq. / Convention Center area. i'm looking for housing from mid-Sept. to mid-Dec.

so far a few of the housing options i have found, have fallen through.

i have found a place around R St. NE and Harry Thomas Way anyone have any idea about how safe this area is? i've been told to avoid the upper alphabets but the person renting the room has said its a safe/quiet area. just hoping to get another opinion.

any advice about living in the city vs. living in College Park, MD or Alexandria, VA (or other suburbs)? is the commute worth it for the price or would it be better to actually live in the city?

i'm not sure how many on this board are from that general area or are familiar with it, but i just thought i'd ask.

Default Re: Members from DC Area - Housing Advice

I'll weigh in more tomorrow, but I would avoid the upper alphabet in NE.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I dont really want to say anything right now, but I will have my mom (a realtor here in Northern Virginia) drop you a PM later on today.

Good luck with everything.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont really want to say anything right now, but I will have my mom (a realtor here in Northern Virginia) drop you a PM later on today.

Good luck with everything.

Hey...can I sneak in here and get a referral fee out of this? After all, I'm sure I spoke to this "clown" sometime!
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

streets ahead

Any thoughts about Hyattsville, MD (close to New Carrollton Orange Line Metro)?

Takoma Park, MD?
    Falls Church, VA?

hyattsville us just south (about 5 miles) of college park on rt 1. it gets from campus, to ok neighborhoods...to ghetto VERY quickly in that area..be careful there...