Thread: AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

This is the shout box, right? I'm shouting. I'm not allowed to show emotion or let "it" bother me....therefore I'm hiding under this pillow and screaming!!

A client (personal friend) just bought a home For Sale By Owner. I'm happy that she and her daughter have a nice home to go to but.........

I have logged 417 miles
    3 week-end days appointments
    4 week days appointments
    countless telephone conversations (cell minutes)
    a trip to the county plan commision to check on building codes
    and countless computer hours

trying to find what she wanted ( an older style 2-3 bedroom, 1-2 bath, with large yard and garage) for under $115,000.00 (Elbow room a MUST..subdivisions are OUT)

(oh and she ALWAYS said she would never buy on first look...she wanted to think about it overnight)

She bought....

a 2 br....2 bath.....vinyl sided ranch style house on a postage stamp in an addition for $110,000.00. She saw it and bought it Sunday (her daughters birthday). The only thing that looks like she described style wise is it has a garage. The price is right tho.

Oh, and I had arrainged financing for her based upon $0 down because that is what she had. Mother decided to gift her "a large chunk" to put down.

I hope things go smoothly for her...she's never bought a house before so hopefully the seller knows what he's doing and is honest and fair with her.

as for me.......
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Default Re: AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

How's the real estate business going for ya geez?

Other than this wonderful transaction of course.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Welcome to real estate.

Mood

I can honestly say I love what I'm doing. In spite of the occasional "slips".
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

So, you're saying I shouldn't tell you about how I picked a house out online, drove by it a couple times, called a neighbor who's a realtor and said, "I got a house I wanna buy" then, huh?

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Geezer,

Why don't you just become a Wal Mart greeter like every other retireeee...

Welcome to wal mart, and all that crap!

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can honestly say I love what I'm doing. In spite of the occasional "slips".
    There is a very popular cliche around our local office:

"Buyers are liars"

Just wait till you have a contract with "X" client effective July 1st till Augusy 1st, and on August 2nd a "mystery" buyer makes an agreement with the seller, and you have nothing to show for all of your work.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    There is a very popular cliche around our local office:

"Buyers are liars"

Just wait till you have a contract with "X" client effective July 1st till Augusy 1st, and on August 2nd a "mystery" buyer makes an agreement with the seller, and you have nothing to show for all of your work.

We have the same saying. They tell you one thing and end up buying exactly what the said they did NOT want.

Here's a question...why would a buyer NOT use a realtor? The buyer would have no work to do and the seller pays the realtor, not the buyer. Therefore, the FSBO is merely trying to snag the occasional fish that happens to drive by. JMPO

I can pull a tooth too....but should I????

In Indiana, 25% of all FSBO deals end up in litigation. 60% of all FSBO end up either listing with an agent or giving up.

Meanwhile 80% of the new agents fail within the 1st 12-24 months.

Real Estate sounds like a DREAM.....

I'll stick with my menial government paycheck!

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

The real question is, is she hot?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof View Post
    The real question is, is she hot?

I am looking to buy a good used car with more room than my Cherokee sport offers. I've had 2 female clients that I've driven around for showings that I had to assist with the seatbelt because they couldn't see the clasp between the seat and the consol (Blubber hanging over too far). It is not a good situation when you have to reach down between the clients backside and the consol in order to attach the belt. Someday I'll be sued over that.

My broker has a CHERRY 1988 Mercedes 560 SEL I'm thinking of buying (between 3 and 4 grand...so don't get excited).

BTW, there is a certain female Pacer/Colt fan who occasionally posts around here that is a client of mine. If you are reading this mon cher...it DEFINITELY is not you I'm refering to.

Geezer,

Sorry to hear about this. It's the risk you take, I guess, working to arrange deals.

I've always found realtors to be among the most energetic and helpful people I've dealt with, and my wife and I have felt commitment to them in return for all the work they did for us. When we bought our current house, we ended up paying $15,000 more than our stated limit. But otherwise the house we bought was exactly what we'd been saying we wanted all along. And we were definitely a case of deciding at first look. We were still half a mile away from the house, driving to it the first time, and I said aloud, "This will be the one."
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    Geezer,

Sorry to hear about this. It's the risk you take, I guess, working to arrange deals.

I've always found realtors to be among the most energetic and helpful people I've dealt with, and my wife and I have felt commitment to them in return for all the work they did for us. When we bought our current house, we ended up paying $15,000 more than our stated limit. But otherwise the house we bought was exactly what we'd been saying we wanted all along. And we were definitely a case of deciding at first look. We were still half a mile away from the house, driving to it the first time, and I said aloud, "This will be the one."

(SNIF) I LUV YOU MAN!!!!!!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    So, you're saying I shouldn't tell you about how I picked a house out online, drove by it a couple times, called a neighbor who's a realtor and said, "I got a house I wanna buy" then, huh?

Sounds like a kul situation to me.

Just call me nexttime ok?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Twes View Post
    Geezer,

Why don't you just become a Wal Mart greeter like every other retireeee...

Welcome to wal mart, and all that crap!

(Ya gotta understand...Twes and I go back a ways. We be TREEPEOPLE!!)

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post

(Ya gotta understand...Twes and I go back a ways. We be TREEPEOPLE!!)
    Some guys are never satisfied, you finally found a job where you could "write off" those 8 martini lunches and you're still not happy.

Mood

Some guys are never satisfied, you finally found a job where you could "write off" those 8 martini lunches and you're still not happy.

seven

There was a stat that came out the other day that said Indianapolis has the highest rate of home foreclosures of any major city in the nation.

That surprised me. How can that be, with real estate being a relative bargain in Indy?

A fixer-upper home in metro Boston costs you 500K. In south Florida, 400K. People wrap more of their income into mortgage payments in hotter markets. How can reasonable and employed people in Indy go bust on making their mortgage payments unless they are living far too high-on-the-hog all along?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    There was a stat that came out the other day that said Indianapolis has the highest rate of home foreclosures of any major city in the nation.

That surprised me. How can that be, with real estate being a relative bargain in Indy?

A fixer-upper home in metro Boston costs you 500K. In south Florida, 400K. People wrap more of their income into mortgage payments in hotter markets. How can reasonable and employed people in Indy go bust on making their mortgage payments unless they are living far too high-on-the-hog all along?
    That stat is not lying. For one, we have lost a lot of good paying jobs here second....it's (IMPO) is the trac home builders.

Cookie cutter homes with cheaply done vinyl siding for $225,000.00 (above median home here). BUT they get a low interest ARM mortgage that really kicks in at the 3 year mark + our property taxes are paid in arrears. What I paid this year was taxed last year and assesed the year prior...ergo at the same time the small get-em-in-it payment starts balooning, the property taxes kick in (basically you are paying tax on undeveloped land the 1st two years)

Suddenly people who are barely able to afford the entry level are smacked with the fact that there have been 2 adjustments to their ARM and the taxes kick in. I can show you neighborhoods where 1 out of 10 houses are being foreclosed. Then these foreclosed homes hit the market and it kills the legit existing home sales market.

Disclaimer....I have a fully vinyl sided home and love it. If properly installed it is a great low-maintenence finish. BUT in these trac homes they don't care....slap em on and get em on the market.

I'm thinking my next house will be solid brick.

I'm also thinking about breasts.

I don't believe there's a connection.

Mood

I'm thinking my next house will be solid brick.

I'm also thinking about breasts.

I don't believe there's a connection.

Built like a brick **** house. ............Any connection to Twes and his next home?