Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somebody smashed into my car-UPDATED WITH PICS (WARN-56K USERS)

Default Somebody smashed into my car-UPDATED WITH PICS (WARN-56K USERS)

So this past week ive quit/got fired from my job.Got a new job/tested positive for meth.

This morning I wake up to my mom standing in my room and she tells me "well,im just going to tell you.Someone was pushing a car with another car and the ended up smashing into your car in front of the house,but the cops got them".

So I go out and look at my car,and sure enough its all smashed up.So now im driving a rental car untill the insurance people come and look at my car.Cant get a police report untill monday,and no insurance till monday.

And I start my new job at 7am monday.

Oh boy,what a week.

Here are the pics....Im now driving around in an "electric blue" PT cruiser.

LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Somebody smashed into my car...

I swear, it wasn't me.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

damn man this just hasnt been your week sorry all that stuff happened i guess if you look on the bright side atleast the cops got them
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

lmao @ tested positive for meth. How you test positive for meth and still get the job?

I think I'll STFU about my problems now...

Hope it gets better for you, Brian.

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lmao @ tested positive for meth. How you test positive for meth and still get the job?
    here is the story http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23906

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode View Post
    I think I'll STFU about my problems now...

Hope it gets better for you, Brian.
    same

Mood

Well, being the sunny-side-up kind of guy that I am I see two things:

1.) You weren't really on meth, just a prescription that tests the same, and you got the job.

2.) No one was hurt in the car incident.

Being a mostly real person though, that does suck. Here's to a better week this time around.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Default Re: Somebody smashed into my car-UPDATED WITH PICS (WARN-56K USERS)

LoneGranger33 said

Mood

That sucks - hope the insurance takes care of it.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    That sucks - hope the insurance takes care of it.
    Yea,I hope so too.Thanks.

I hope they just total it.Because I think my rear axel is broken,And I also think it twisted my transmission.
    LoneGranger33 said

Watch those insurance pricks like a hawk. Take it to your choice of a shop and get a professional opinion on the damages you mention. If you verify those conditions in writing, no way it's not getting totalled....You may still have to threaten to turn it over to your attorney....

If you can't tell, I despise the insurance industry. GOOD LUCK!!

Damn, that looks pretty bad! If they do total it and you need a car, PM me. I work for Dreyer & Reinbold (South). Maybe I can get you a nice deal on something new or used.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy View Post
    Damn, that looks pretty bad! If they do total it and you need a car, PM me. I work for Dreyer & Reinbold (South). Maybe I can get you a nice deal on something new or used.

Ev....I have a bro-in-law up north selling mini-coopers.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watch those insurance pricks like a hawk. Take it to your choice of a shop and get a professional opinion on the damages you mention. If you verify those conditions in writing, no way it's not getting totalled....You may still have to threaten to turn it over to your attorney....

If you can't tell, I despise the insurance industry. GOOD LUCK!!
    There's actually a much easier, hassle free way of getting it done properly, if you have full coverage.

Turn it in on your insurance. You'll have to pay the deductible, but you'll get it back when it gets subrogated.

Your insurance company will want to get their money back, and will step up to bat.

That is, if your insurance carrier is worth a damn. We deal with clients almost on a daily basis, that hate the way the other company is dicking them around, and they go through us even when it's not their fault. They're already pissed off, and hate the deductible part, but once they see the green in return, they're always happy.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    There's actually a much easier, hassle free way of getting it done properly, if you have full coverage.

Turn it in on your insurance. You'll have to pay the deductible, but you'll get it back when it gets subrogated.

Your insurance company will want to get their money back, and will step up to bat.

That is, if your insurance carrier is worth a damn. We deal with clients almost on a daily basis, that hate the way the other company is dicking them around, and they go through us even when it's not their fault. They're already pissed off, and hate the deductible part, but once they see the green in return, they're always happy.
    We're waiting right now to get our deductible back on an identical situation. My wife was in a parking lot back in February. She stopped at the exit and another car tried to squeeze around her onto the street, clipping her right rear in the process. The 16 year old girl that was driving phoned her parents and they came to the scene and got belligerent with my wife, trying to get her to admit fault. Instead of dealing with those idiots, we just turned it in to our insurance (American Family), paid our deductible, and got it fixed. Our insurance company went after theirs to get all of the money back, and is in that process right now. If all goes well, we should get our $500 deductible back soon.

I think Brian that this is probably your best bet, but only if the guys that did it have insurance, which admittedly doesn't sound very likely. If you can afford insurance you can afford a tow truck.

I'm of the opinion that even a person's own insurance company is more interested in their own interests than their client's interests. I have had numerous bad experiences with other people's companies and my own company getting a fair shake. Everyone who works in insurance thinks their company takes care of their customers and I've found that they take care of themselves first and if they lose clients over it, so be it...

Not a personal attack on you since86, and you give sound advice, if (like you said) Brian is dealing with a company that is reputable.

I'm of the opinion that even a person's own insurance company is more interested in their own interests than their client's interests. I have had numerous bad experiences with other people's companies and my own company getting a fair shake. Everyone who works in insurance thinks their company takes care of their customers and I've found that they take care of themselves first and if they lose clients over it, so be it...

Not a personal attack on you since86, and you give sound advice, if (like you said) Brian is dealing with a company that is reputable.
    I am biased, because my dad is a State Farm agent. There are ****ty agents, that won't do their job to the fullest, I acknowledge that, but people in the claims department have no reason not to pursue it. That's what they do, and that's what they're expected to do.

I don't know what company you, or Brian, has but I will say this with 100% guaruntee. If the same situation happened in our office, you'd be in a rental car in less than 2hrs. State Farm also has a policy in place called service first, and that's all the major repair shops in your city/town that does enough business with SF that there is no need for estimates from them, or anywhere else. You call, set up an appt with them, and take it to them no questions asked. Adjusters aren't brought or anything.

There's a reason SF is the largest insurance company in the world. One out of every 4 cars in IN has SF. The next company usually is around 8%.

I am biased, because my dad is a State Farm agent. There are ****ty agents, that won't do their job to the fullest, I acknowledge that, but people in the claims department have no reason not to pursue it. That's what they do, and that's what they're expected to do.

I don't know what company you, or Brian, has but I will say this with 100% guaruntee. If the same situation happened in our office, you'd be in a rental car in less than 2hrs. State Farm also has a policy in place called service first, and that's all the major repair shops in your city/town that does enough business with SF that there is no need for estimates from them, or anywhere else. You call, set up an appt with them, and take it to them no questions asked. Adjusters aren't brought or anything.

There's a reason SF is the largest insurance company in the world. One out of every 4 cars in IN has SF. The next company usually is around 8%.
    State Farm has a pretty good presence in my city...Two different agencies with several agents each, I think. I always found their rates to be a little high, but I used to have a driving record with several dings for speeding tickets and have had a few accidents (thankfully all many years behind me now). I don't have SF personally, but what you describe as policy certainly sounds top-shelf.

Like a good neighbor.....

Mood

you sound like a state farm commerical lol (thats the company my mom uses by the way, for car and home insurance)
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    you sound like a state farm commerical lol (thats the company my mom uses by the way, for car and home insurance)
    I don't think you'll ever see a commercial say "There are ****ty agents" when talking about their own company.

Well heres an update on whats been going on...1st off I work about 50 hours a week now at my new job.

So thats why I havent updated lately.

Well anyways I get a call about a week ago from a girl I used to work with,She says to me "Brian,I am soooo sorry I am the one who hit your car".
    So then I say "well,theres nothing that getting worked up about it will do,we just will let our insurance companies take care of it" She then says "well is there anyway we can not get them involved?". I say "Well,you hit my car like 3-4 days ago,so they were called later that morning".

She says "Well I dont have insurance,and the cops arrested me that morning...I only had like 2 beers,and they got a weed pipe off of me".

Now keep in mind she is only a waitress (not anymore though,because the place she worked at just got shut down).But she asks me "Well can I just pay you for the car?". I say "well,I still owe quite a bit on it" she asks me "how much did you pay for the car?" I tell her "About $8,000". She starts freaking.

So I just finish up by telling her that there is nothing that we can do.

God this is a mess.
    LoneGranger33 said

Mood

Brian, do you have full coverage, or did you carry the minimum? If you have full coverage, you'll be OK. Your insurance company will pay you for your car, and then sue her for the money they paid you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Well heres an update on whats been going on...1st off I work about 50 hours a week now at my new job.

So thats why I havent updated lately.

Well anyways I get a call about a week ago from a girl I used to work with,She says to me "Brian,I am soooo sorry I am the one who hit your car".
    So then I say "well,theres nothing that getting worked up about it will do,we just will let our insurance companies take care of it" She then says "well is there anyway we can not get them involved?". I say "Well,you hit my car like 3-4 days ago,so they were called later that morning".

She says "Well I dont have insurance,and the cops arrested me that morning...I only had like 2 beers,and they got a weed pipe off of me".

Now keep in mind she is only a waitress (not anymore though,because the place she worked at just got shut down).But she asks me "Well can I just pay you for the car?". I say "well,I still owe quite a bit on it" she asks me "how much did you pay for the car?" I tell her "About $8,000". She starts freaking.

So I just finish up by telling her that there is nothing that we can do.

God this is a mess.
    You need to take her to court and get something out of her. Two beers and a weed pipe shows a total lack of responsibility and she deserves whatever is coming to her. Now, if you owe money on the car, then you're supposed to have full coverage insurance. If you didn't have that, well... you're pretty much SOL.

SMH A weed pipe.