Thread: Idea w/Lakers

Default Idea w/Lakers

I thought of this trade idea, I don't know if I would do it, but I wanted to get your opinion.

Pacers Receive: Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Aaron McKie
    Lakers Receive: Stephen Jackson, Jeff Foster

Kwame doesn't excite me but he only has 2 years 17 million left on his contract compared to the 4 years 27 million of Jackson. I also like Smush Parker. He wasn't to bad as the starting PG for the Lakers last year, bad playoff showing but he it was his first chance in the playoffs. He can shoot the ball fairly well. He kept his TOs under 2 last year so he is improving in that area, IMO. He gets a lot of steals and is a good athlete so he helps us play more uptempo. I know he isn't really a playmaker though but he brings other things to the table that are nice. Aaron McKie is just a salary filler, veteran presence on the team I guess.

I don't know if the Lakers would do this but I think they would. Stephen would be a nice fit in the Triangle and Jeff gives them more production for less money than Kwame. Also, Parker is expandable with the drafting of Jordan Farmar and signing of Shammond Williams.

What do you guys think? I have mixed feelings about this. It could be good if we can then trade Tinsley (maybe for Trenton Hassell but the Wolves probably wouldn't do that) and trade Saras for a backup who complaments Smush Parker.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Idea w/Lakers

Kwame Brown ? no thanks.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Lakers wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kwame Brown ? no thanks.
    Aaron Mckie!!! Kwame Brown can become the ball boy

streets ahead

i was playing around with the idea of a three-way earlier (CHI, IND, LAL) involving a few of the players you've mentioned...

CHICAGO TRADES: PG-K. Hinrich, PF-PJ Brown
    CHICAGO RECEIVES: PG-S. Parker, PF/C-K. Brown, PG-O. Greene

INDIANA TRADES:
    PG-O. Greene, PG-J. Tinsley, PF/C-J. Foster, SF-R. Marshall
    INDIANA RECEIVES: PG-K. Hinrich, PF/C-C. Mihm, V. Wafer

LA TRADES:
    PG-S. Parker, PF/C-C. Mihm, PF/C-K. Brown, SG-V. Wafer
    LA RECEIVES: PG-J. Tinsley, PF/C-J. Foster, PF-PJ Brown, SF-R. Marshall

BULLS REASON...

They still have a number of problems to address even after getting Ben Wallace. Specifically that of a front court scorer. Kwame, while his development has been slow, did make some progress playing for the Lakers. Kwame playing along side Ben Wallace could be interesting and could play minutes at center as well with Michael Sweetney and Ty Thomas (Thomas was always considered a project and showed during summer leagues he was rough around the edges) backing up PF. This move also gives them the ability to let Chris Duhon grow as a point guard. This also gives the team a younger developing pg in Smush, who did prove he could play during the regular season but showed he needed more developing during the playoffs last season, he is more of an offensive pg. Orien Greene gives the team another solid, defending pg to develop.

PG-Duhon/Parker/Greene
    SG-Gordon/Griffin/Sofalosha
    SF-Noccioni/Deng/Khryapa
    PF-Brown/Sweetney/Thomas
    C-Wallace/Brown/Andriuskevicius

PACERS REASON...

Indiana both eliminates a player from their roster trading two players probably being cut before the season started. They also clear up a few big question marks about the team: they get a playmaking & shooting pg in Hinrich, a solid center to backup Harrison as he develops and a young SG who played last year with the NBDL who could be cut instead of Snap Hunter (Wafer just included to make the deal work). It gives us solid depth with some experience and a young point guard who has proven himself in the league. Cutting Wafer and Edwards, that would give us a roster of 15

PG-Hinrich/Jasikevicius/Armstrong
    SG-Jackson/White/Hunter/Wafer
    SF-Granger/Daniels/Williams
    PF-Harrington/Baston/Powell
    C-O'Neal/Harrison/Mihm/Edwards

LAKERS REASON...

One thing Phil Jackson has always liked are parts that would fit into the triangle and veterans. Making these moves is sort of following what Miami did last year. The Lakers point guard situation is a mess, and Tinsley would help significantly in running the offense. I think PJ and Jeff better fit Phil's ideal as far as big men are concerned. PJ Brown is certainly still capable of putting up solid defense and some offense. Jeff Foster, in a way, is a younger version of that (both fit Phil's Bulls pattern with Cartwright, Longley, Wennington, etc). Smush Parker fizzled in the playoffs and they have several other young pg that they could spend time developing. Kwame was too much of a project and the results were few, Phil can develop Bynum, Cook and Turiaf better without Kwame.

PG-Tinsley/Farmarr/Williams/Vujiacic
    SG-Bryant/Evans/McKie
    SF-Radmanovic/Walton/Marshall
    PF-Odom/Cook/Brown
    C-Foster/Turiaf/Bynum

Ultimately...I think this deal is pretty unlikely, and probably wouldn't happen (if at all) until at least the trade deadline. I think Chicago would improve by having a scoring option up front along Wallace. I think LA probably benefits the least out of this deal. While more competent big men and a more experienced point guard would help them a great deal, I don't know if this trade makes them significantly better than last year in the West. They overachieved last year and I think the trade gains them a few more wins. I think the Lakers would like to get Tinsley but I'm not sure at the cost of Kwame and Mihm's combined 22ppg. I actually like this move for the Pacers. As a Pacer fan, I feel a little more comfortable with the starting lineup. I think Mihm is offensively an improvement from Pollard and Foster. I think reducing our lineup is definitely good. And certainly I feel Hinrich > Tinsley. He's younger, a better shooter, tougher and from what I've seen, has a better attitude.

I certainly do not think this trade absolutely has to happen or should happen. But I do think the Pacers if Tinsley doesn't work out, should consider Hinrich.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i was playing around with the idea of a three-way earlier (CHI, IND, LAL) involving a few of the players you've mentioned...

CHICAGO TRADES: PG-K. Hinrich, PF-PJ Brown
    CHICAGO RECEIVES: PG-S. Parker, PF/C-K. Brown, PG-O. Greene

INDIANA TRADES:
    PG-O. Greene, PG-J. Tinsley, PF/C-J. Foster, SF-R. Marshall
    INDIANA RECEIVES: PG-K. Hinrich, PF/C-C. Mihm, V. Wafer

LA TRADES:
    PG-S. Parker, PF/C-C. Mihm, PF/C-K. Brown, SG-V. Wafer
    LA RECEIVES: PG-J. Tinsley, PF/C-J. Foster, PF-PJ Brown, SF-R. Marshall

BULLS REASON...

They still have a number of problems to address even after getting Ben Wallace. Specifically that of a front court scorer. Kwame, while his development has been slow, did make some progress playing for the Lakers. Kwame playing along side Ben Wallace could be interesting and could play minutes at center as well with Michael Sweetney and Ty Thomas (Thomas was always considered a project and showed during summer leagues he was rough around the edges) backing up PF. This move also gives them the ability to let Chris Duhon grow as a point guard. This also gives the team a younger developing pg in Smush, who did prove he could play during the regular season but showed he needed more developing during the playoffs last season, he is more of an offensive pg. Orien Greene gives the team another solid, defending pg to develop.

PG-Duhon/Parker/Greene
    SG-Gordon/Griffin/Sofalosha
    SF-Noccioni/Deng/Khryapa
    PF-Brown/Sweetney/Thomas
    C-Wallace/Brown/Andriuskevicius

PACERS REASON...

Indiana both eliminates a player from their roster trading two players probably being cut before the season started. They also clear up a few big question marks about the team: they get a playmaking & shooting pg in Hinrich, a solid center to backup Harrison as he develops and a young SG who played last year with the NBDL who could be cut instead of Snap Hunter (Wafer just included to make the deal work). It gives us solid depth with some experience and a young point guard who has proven himself in the league. Cutting Wafer and Edwards, that would give us a roster of 15

PG-Hinrich/Jasikevicius/Armstrong
    SG-Jackson/White/Hunter/Wafer
    SF-Granger/Daniels/Williams
    PF-Harrington/Baston/Powell
    C-O'Neal/Harrison/Mihm/Edwards

LAKERS REASON...

One thing Phil Jackson has always liked are parts that would fit into the triangle and veterans. Making these moves is sort of following what Miami did last year. The Lakers point guard situation is a mess, and Tinsley would help significantly in running the offense. I think PJ and Jeff better fit Phil's ideal as far as big men are concerned. PJ Brown is certainly still capable of putting up solid defense and some offense. Jeff Foster, in a way, is a younger version of that (both fit Phil's Bulls pattern with Cartwright, Longley, Wennington, etc). Smush Parker fizzled in the playoffs and they have several other young pg that they could spend time developing. Kwame was too much of a project and the results were few, Phil can develop Bynum, Cook and Turiaf better without Kwame.

PG-Tinsley/Farmarr/Williams/Vujiacic
    SG-Bryant/Evans/McKie
    SF-Radmanovic/Walton/Marshall
    PF-Odom/Cook/Brown
    C-Foster/Turiaf/Bynum

Ultimately...I think this deal is pretty unlikely, and probably wouldn't happen (if at all) until at least the trade deadline. I think Chicago would improve by having a scoring option up front along Wallace. I think LA probably benefits the least out of this deal. While more competent big men and a more experienced point guard would help them a great deal, I don't know if this trade makes them significantly better than last year in the West. They overachieved last year and I think the trade gains them a few more wins. I think the Lakers would like to get Tinsley but I'm not sure at the cost of Kwame and Mihm's combined 22ppg. I actually like this move for the Pacers. As a Pacer fan, I feel a little more comfortable with the starting lineup. I think Mihm is offensively an improvement from Pollard and Foster. I think reducing our lineup is definitely good. And certainly I feel Hinrich > Tinsley. He's younger, a better shooter, tougher and from what I've seen, has a better attitude.

I certainly do not think this trade absolutely has to happen or should happen. But I do think the Pacers if Tinsley doesn't work out, should consider Hinrich.

i love it but i dont believe the bulls would go for it