Thread: Anyone ever been to the Indy Air show in Mt. Comfort

Default Anyone ever been to the Indy Air show in Mt. Comfort

I've never been but I am going tomorrow for free. If you have been before, please convince me I will enjoy it. Or if you don't think I will that is OK too

redwillow

Default Re: Anyone ever been to the Indy Air show in Mt. Comfort

It's cool just to watch the fly-by at the race. So I would think an airshow would be pretty cool. Go for it Buck!

Quote Originally Posted by redwillow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's cool just to watch the fly-by at the race. So I would think an airshow would be pretty cool. Go for it Buck!
    Well, I am going for it. But I just wonder after 5 hours, won't it get very tiresome

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I've never been but I am going tomorrow for free. If you have been before, please convince me I will enjoy it. Or if you don't think I will that is OK too
    for free ? how'd you score that ?
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

redwillow

5 hours? Is our entire Airforce showing up? Bring a lawn chair and some lemonade and a flask. And a magazine and a portable tv to watch The Simpsons on. I thought about going too. I'm trying to kill time until the reptile convention on Sunday.

I went last year, it was pretty enjoyable for a while. We got there a little late, so I probably wouldn't have lasted 5 hours either, but you should at least stay until the Blue Angels.

IndyToad
    Failure notice

Mood

If its not too hot out tomorrow i think im gonna head out there. Id really like to meet R. Lee Ermey from the movie Full Metal Jacket and host of "Mail Call" on the Histiory channel Ive always been a fan of his
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Keep in mind, after about an hour of looking up, your neck is gonna hurt. Take some aspirin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    Keep in mind, after about an hour of looking up, your neck is gonna hurt. Take some aspirin.

I tend to have some neck problems anyway

I tend to have some neck problems anyway
    Did that result from all those times you kept shaking your head "no" when Artest was here? "NOOOOOO, don't say that you dumb spit! The guys on PD are gonna have a field day with those comments!" Or, "NOOOOO, what the hell did you do that for??????"

It was hotter than a muther last year.

We only stayed a couple of hours if that.

We just took chairs and camped out across the street in those grassy strips (businesses).

They probably decided they were losing a buck and found a way to close it out this year.

i live on the far east side of indy and i enjoy the few that fly by my house making alot of noise. i have never been, but everyone that i know who has gone just loves it. i heard that the guy who played the drill sgt. on full metal jacket will be there signing autographs and taking pictures, i may go just for that. have a good time.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Waiting for Buck's follow-up report. Expecting Peck level commenting.

I live near the Airport so I go to a friends house that borders the runway. He usually invites about 20 families and we all pitch in brats and beer etc. and make a day of it. Of course I have lawn chairs and shade trees to make it more enjoyable. We have an archery range and air rifles targets for the kids (and some not-so kids).....oh and beer.
    My bro-in-law was there with his Civil War cannon battery Sat morning...missed that one.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Waiting for Buck's follow-up report. Expecting Peck level commenting.

This will not be anything close to Peck's level.

Overall I'd give the experience solid B-. it was free, and we sat in one of the corporate VIP sections, so we got free lunch, free water, free soift drinks and had a great seat, right up front. There was also a nice tent to sit under when it got too hot. (I'm a real wimp when it comes to the heat, I mean a real wimp) I like things cool, I like to keep my house/apt set at about 69 degrees in the summer time) Unless I go to a lake or pool I don't go out that much in the summer time, when I go to Florida I like to go with it is a little cool. Go to the Fair - no too hot. So I don't like the heat, and it was hot on Saturday, and that kinda of ruined it for me.

I must admit when I first got there, I wanted to leave in the worst way. Because we arrived at about 1:00 we had a long walk and had no idea where we were supposed to go so we just started walking through the sea of humanity, the planes were loud and it was hot. There was something about it that was just horrible, but we kept up our journey. The problem was when you were wallking along you can't watch anything, so you just hear the planes and by the time you look up the plane is gone and you missed it. But eventually we found where we were supposed to go, found the rest of my family and I started to enjoy myself.

I've got to go. Overall it was OK, I wish they would put all the really good stuff together in about a 90 minute show, that would be great, there is a lot of dead time. "The Hornet" was amazing. Wow was it loud, and fast, twice the speed of sound. Wierd the way it would fly by and then a second or two later you hear it. One thing I really enjoyed is that it was patriotic

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

This will not be anything close to Peck's level.

Overall I'd give the experience solid B-. it was free, and we sat in one of the corporate VIP sections, so we got free lunch, free water, free soift drinks and had a great seat, right up front. There was also a nice tent to sit under when it got too hot. (I'm a real wimp when it comes to the heat, I mean a real wimp) I like things cool, I like to keep my house/apt set at about 69 degrees in the summer time) Unless I go to a lake or pool I don't go out that much in the summer time, when I go to Florida I like to go with it is a little cool. Go to the Fair - no too hot. So I don't like the heat, and it was hot on Saturday, and that kinda of ruined it for me.

I must admit when I first got there, I wanted to leave in the worst way. Because we arrived at about 1:00 we had a long walk and had no idea where we were supposed to go so we just started walking through the sea of humanity, the planes were loud and it was hot. There was something about it that was just horrible, but we kept up our journey. The problem was when you were wallking along you can't watch anything, so you just hear the planes and by the time you look up the plane is gone and you missed it. But eventually we found where we were supposed to go, found the rest of my family and I started to enjoy myself.

I've got to go. Overall it was OK, I wish they would put all the really good stuff together in about a 90 minute show, that would be great, there is a lot of dead time. "The Hornet" was amazing. Wow was it loud, and fast, twice the speed of sound. Wierd the way it would fly by and then a second or two later you hear it. One thing I really enjoyed is that it was patriotic

My Brotha!!!!!!!!!

I like my car so cold that my glasses fog up when I get out of it. My wife has finally learned to take a sweater or blanket with her whenever we go somewhere.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..