Thread: (Slightly OT) Anyone up for a Trade Rumor?

Default (Slightly OT) Anyone up for a Trade Rumor?

This is one that seems to be getting talked about (at least fans are talking about it) between Portland, Atlanta and NY:

NY trades:
    KVH
    Sweetney
    Frank Williams

NY receives:
    Abdur-Rahim
    Ruben Patterson

Atlanta trades:
    Abdur-Rahim
    Nazr Mohammed

Atlanta receives:
    Rasheed
    Frank Williams

Portland trades:
    Rasheed
    Ruben

Portland receives:
    KVH
    Sweetney
    Mohammed

This appears to have originated with Portland fans - I have no idea if there's anything at all to it.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo

Default Re: (Slightly OT) Anyone up for a Trade Rumor?

Why would anyone want VanHorn?

So NY goes from having no depth to.....

So NY goes from having no depth to.....
    We have depth - not very GOOD depth (Frank Williams & Hardaway are decent but that's it) but we just signed Bruno so things should be looking up. ed:

Well, with Starbury and Houston in the backcourt backed up by Moochie Norris and Hardaway, Frank Williams will never see time. You guys don't have enough talent to let him ride the pine. If you're not going to use him, then move him for a player you will use.

Reefer would be great in NY, that's a serious upgrade for you. Would you play him at the 3, and keep Thomas and Mt.M up front, or would you move Thomas to bring in a 3?

Or start Peterson at 3, Reefer at 4, and bring Thomas off the bench?

Either way, it really strengthens your frontcourt. Not sure I like it for Atlanta, though. If they're going to shop both of their big men, it seems like they could get more. The Knicks don't have a pick to throw in, but Portland does.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

According to articles today, Wilkins is planning to move Frank ahead of Moochie - he says he didn't know him when he started and didn't know how to use him but he's played better in practice.

Hard to say how the lineup would work out though my guess is that A-R would start at SF just because Anderson's a pretty big downgrade there. But on offense Shareef could post-up to his heart's content.

If this rumor had originated with NY fans I'd say it was wishful thinking anyway. Why wouldn't Portland just drop the middleman and take Shareef? The only answer is that Atlanta wants no part of Patterson and Portland's getting desperate.

Probably nothing to it though I guess I can hope.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure of the trade for Portland. KVH would play SF, but they just got Miles. Weird.

They'd have a decent smallball lineup:

Randolph/Davis
    KVH/Nazr
    Miles/Woods
    Anderson/Person
    Stoudamire/?

Hey, maybe Indy could get in on this deal. I'd give them Croshere/Pollard/Anderson/Jones for Davis/Nazr/Outlaw. That fixes a lot of their worst weaknesses.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That looks like a pretty good trade to me, considering what all three teams are trying to gain from it.

New York wins the most though, IMO.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

'Sheed to the Hawks?

The last time they expirimented with a bad citizen (Isiah Rider), he aliened three of the four remaining Hawks fans. I'm guessing Rasheed would push that last guy over the edge. I don't see the new owners going for that, or if they do it may backfire big time.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

'Sheed to the Hawks?

The last time they expirimented with a bad citizen (Isiah Rider), he aliened three of the four remaining Hawks fans. I'm guessing Rasheed would push that last guy over the edge. I don't see the new owners going for that, or if they do it may backfire big time.
    Rasheed would only be brought in for the salary relief he gives at the end of the year. They may give him a chance to play, and see if they might want to sign him back, but the 17 million really appeals to Atlanta. Portland has no reason to do the trade, unless Kurt Thomas is sent to Portland; that's the ONLY way I see the deal being done, with maybe even Doleac being sent there as well.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Appearently this rumor started when someone impersonated a team owner on a atlanta radio show. It ain't happening.

Appearently this rumor started when someone impersonated a team owner on a atlanta radio show. It ain't happening.
    Yeah, I was about to say there's no way Atlanta's doing anything until the ownership situation is resolved.

Even after that, I seriously doubt Atlanta would take a bad apple like Sheed, unless they plan to let him go at the end of the season. Cap space would be nice.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Actually there's quite a bit more to it than that:

http://www.nj.com/knicks/ledger/inde...7238102750.xml

Doesn't sound like it'll happen but I guess you never know. For my money I'd do it, even losing KT which would hurt. You win with stars and A-R's that AND an offensive post player.

You win with stars and A-R's that AND an offensive post player.
    We could send you Pollard! As a post player this year, few have been more offensive.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

You win with stars and A-R's that AND an offensive post player.
    We could send you Pollard! As a post player this year, few have been more offensive.
    Nah - we got Mutombo already. Our fair share of uncoordinated, ugly shots.