Thread: Knee problems part 2...

Default Knee problems part 2...

So I go to my doctor,he checks my knee and tells me I have fluid on my knee (which he ended up draining....you wanna talk about making your stomach turn??...whoo!).

But he also tells me I probably have ligament damage and a torn meniscus muscle.He wants me to have an MRI,but I dont have the money for that.And my knee feels worse and weaker now that he drained it.

Anyone know anything about this??
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Knee problems part 2...

What do you want to know?

I believe many of us here at PD have suffered knee injuries throughout the years.

I tore the ACL in my left knee in 2003. Had it repaired in 2004.

Before that, I had my left knee drained twice, in high school.

streets ahead

if there were a "What NFL coach are you?" sort of poll, i would be Vikings exCoach Mike Tice... because last spring i tore my MCL and partially tore my meniscus doing something equally uneventful (Mike Tice=>coaching, Me=>acting in Romeo and Juliet) for all my years playing basketball and tennis i really never had anything more than normal ankle sprains, knee soreness and a fractured hand... there were several times in my playing career i probably should have torn stuff but not until i was doing a fight scene did i ever have a serious injury. XTREME THEATER!!!!!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I go to my doctor,he checks my knee and tells me I have fluid on my knee (which he ended up draining....you wanna talk about making your stomach turn??...whoo!).

But he also tells me I probably have ligament damage and a torn meniscus muscle.He wants me to have an MRI,but I dont have the money for that.And my knee feels worse and weaker now that he drained it.

Anyone know anything about this??
    If your doctor told you that you have a torn meniscus muscle, I'd go to another doctor that actually knows what he's talking about.

You're knee probably feels worse, because the fluid was acting as a cushion, which is the purpose of menisci. So you're femur is now rubbing on your fibia, instead of having the fluid inbetween, causing the added pain.

Both are problematic, so he didn't cause more trouble, just fixed the easiest one which happened to lessen the other.

Your best option, on PD anyways, would be to talk to Kaufman. He would be the best source to talk to here seeing how he's in the field.

Sometimes there are payment plans available for surgeries. You might want to look into that. Messing around with knees and backs aren't a smart idea. They bear your body weight, and can really screw up your body for the rest of your life.

Good Luck!