Thread: Well I just quit my job tonight...

Default Well I just quit my job tonight...

I just quit my job a few hours ago,Which I shouldve just waited for my 2 week notice to be up.But it didnt work out that way.

First when I was told by the other managers that my boss was going to fire me I was upset.But I wasnt to the point of where I was going to actually quit.
    But tonight when I get to work a kid who has worked there for about 2 months comes up to me and says "yeah (insert bosses name) said that she was going to fire you today,but she heard that you were putting in your 2 week notice so now she isnt".

THAT PISSED ME OFF....Why in the hell would a boss tell a kid who has worked for the company for a 1/4 of the time I have that she plans on firing me.

So I wrote my boss a letter and told her "I was going to work through my 2 week notice,But I know that you had planned on firing me.I dont know what/why you had planned on firing me for?,but thank you for letting me work for you and I am sorry that things ended the way they did.Thank you for your time".

She came in later tonight and found it,and she was asking everyone "who told brian I was going to fire him?". (not in the sense of "i wasnt going to fire him,why would you tell him that) but in the sense of "I cant believe someone told him what I said".

Here is what lead up to this http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23653

I cant wait to start another job.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Default Re: Well I just quit my job tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just quit my job a few hours ago,Which I shouldve just waited for my 2 week notice to be up.But it didnt work out that way.

First when I was told by the other managers that my boss was going to fire me I was upset.But I wasnt to the point of where I was going to actually quit.
    But tonight when I get to work a kid who has worked there for about 2 months comes up to me and says "yeah (insert bosses name) said that she was going to fire you today,but she heard that you were putting in your 2 week notice so now she isnt".

THAT PISSED ME OFF....Why in the hell would a boss tell a kid who has worked for the company for a 1/4 of the time I have that she plans on firing me.

So I wrote my boss a letter and told her "I was going to work through my 2 week notice,But I know that you had planned on firing me.I dont know what/why you had planned on firing me for?,but thank you for letting me work for you and I am sorry that things ended the way they did.Thank you for your time".

She came in later tonight and found it,and she was asking everyone "who told brian I was going to fire him?". (not in the sense of "i wasnt going to fire him,why would you tell him that) but in the sense of "I cant believe someone told him what I said".

Here is what lead up to this http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23653

I cant wait to start another job.

nice... taking the high road... i personally would leave a really angry note and feel all tough for like 2 days until i noticed that im really just an idiot...

good luck with your new job

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

its crazy the stories i hear on this board about the way some managers are these days...they all seem to have a loose mouth and lettin' everyone know who they are hiring and who they are firing...geez...makes me appreciate my managers a bit more...atleast they have the decency to keep things like that quiet...and even if someone hears about it...they take the politician road and say "we came to a mutual understandin' to part ways"...

Personally, I would try to be really nice to your former boss and ask her what characteristics she really liked about you and also what concerns she had that frustrated her enough to want to fire you. Don't let whatever she says get you worked up or upset. You will probably think that she is way off base. BUT, you could then use that information to go out of your way to make sure that your next boss doesn't get the same impression. I think that often people come off in a different way than they think they do. These are the moments when you can learn a lot about how people perceive you.

woman without a team

Since I don't know anyone involved I'm just guessing. Rumors in the work place are rampant. Did the boss really tell the kid she had planned to fire you? I doubt it. I think he heard the rumor or he made it up himself.

Good luck with the new job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post
    Personally, I would try to be really nice to your former boss and ask her what characteristics she really liked about you and also what concerns she had that frustrated her enough to want to fire you. Don't let whatever she says get you worked up or upset. You will probably think that she is way off base. BUT, you could then use that information to go out of your way to make sure that your next boss doesn't get the same impression. I think that often people come off in a different way than they think they do. These are the moments when you can learn a lot about how people perceive you.
    Yeah,I understand what you are saying,but if you knew my boss you would know why I went about things the way I did.When she loses a "good-worker" she treats it like a boyfriend who breaks up with her.

Which is why I didnt go off on her.I mean I would always ask her to train me in different departments.But she never would,she decided what she wanted me to do in there and that was that.I would have co-workers ask me everyday "why wont she put you over here ever?,why does she keep you over there?".Because I would train 99% of the new people there,and they would move up in the ranks in there within that week.

And they just kept me in the same department.So I must of done something to cross her.But 2 of my friends are managers in there so im sure that once they start talking to me again they will find out what it was that I did to upset her.

I would just ask her,but like I said earlier: she would treat me like an ex-boyfriend and not want to talk to me.
    LoneGranger33 said

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    Since I don't know anyone involved I'm just guessing. Rumors in the work place are rampant. Did the boss really tell the kid she had planned to fire you? I doubt it. I think he heard the rumor or he made it up himself.

Good luck with the new job.
    Well im 99.9% sure that she did tell him that.Thats just the kind of boss she was.But I am a private person in the workplace.Work stays at work,Home Stays at home is what I live by.
    LoneGranger33 said

I can sympathize (see my thread).

Good luck, man. Hope everything goes well. It takes guts to do what you did in that situation.

streets ahead

i'd have paid both of you money to tell your respective bosses "Plans change. Thats how I live my life. Now please move on."

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    i'd have paid both of you money to tell your respective bosses "Plans change. Thats how I live my life. Now please move on."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Personally, I would have waited to be fired. Things don't always work out, and you could not have a job for some time.

Quiting means no unemployment, if that does happen.

Either way, you weren't going to be working there, so I wouldn't have ruined the chance of getting paid if I hit a rut.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Personally, I would have waited to be fired. Things don't always work out, and you could not have a job for some time.

Quiting means no unemployment, if that does happen.

Either way, you weren't going to be working there, so I wouldn't have ruined the chance of getting paid if I hit a rut.

OFT. Though it may have made it a little more difficult getting a job in the future.