View Poll Results: How will your attendance during the Pacers 2006-2007 season change from last year?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • The number of games I attend will stay relatively the same

    31 67.39%
  • The number of games I attend will increase significantly

    2 4.35%
  • The number of games I attend will decrease significantly

    9 19.57%
  • I'm going to maybe just a couple more games than last year

    2 4.35%
  • I'm going to just a few games compared to last year

    2 4.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50

Thread: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

  1. #1

    Default The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    With or without Harrington being added to the roster, I will probably go to the same number of games I went to last year (about one third of the home games). I am curious as to whether most people plan to increase or decrease their attendance.

  2. #2
    Jer_Freak
    Guest

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    As sadly as i'm gonna admit it, i think the attendance will drop signifcantly next year just because of the lack of movement we've had this off-season its really doubtful IMO we'll do anything huge this off-season which will make the fans disinterested for next year.

  3. #3
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Getting Al would have helped, not getting him and only really doing one move isn't going to help. I'll probably go to even less. Even though I usually don't go to many regular season games.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  4. #4
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Jer_Freak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As sadly as i'm gonna admit it, i think the attendance will drop signifcantly next year just because of the lack of movement we've had this off-season its really doubtful IMO we'll do anything huge this off-season which will make the fans disinterested for next year.
    Lack of movement? What do you mean, lack of movement. There hasn't been no freakin lack of movement. You may not like what they've done, but to suggest there has been a lack of movement is not even partially true.


    I'll go to the same number of games, and I go to a lot of games

  5. #5
    Jer_Freak
    Guest

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helment
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Getting Al would have helped, not getting him and only really doing one move isn't going to help. I'll probably go to even less. Even though I usually don't go to many regular season games.
    I'm willing to bet Donnie and the Management will be losing alot of money in the next few years.

  6. #6
    Jer_Freak
    Guest

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lack of movement? What do you mean, lack of movement. There hasn't been no freakin lack of movement. You may not like what they've done, but to suggest there has been a lack of movement is not even partially true.


    I'll go to the same number of games, and I go to a lot of games
    It's arguable that the movement we have had this off-season will make us worse though.

    We lost Croshere AJ Fred Peja you're talking about losing alot of offense the only thing we really gained this off-season is Quis is that even accpetable to us?

  7. #7
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Jer_Freak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm willing to bet Donnie and the Management will be losing alot of money in the next few years.
    I doubt Donnie will lose one red cent.

    I must admit I'm a little baffled by the reaction since the Al deal died. I mean Al is a nice player but is he Lebron James, is he Michael Jordan in his prime?

    It isn't like we just went from a 65 win sure fire NBA Finals team to a 25 win team. We've gone from a 45 win team to a 38 win team.

    What happened to Al will stunt Granger growth, what happened to Al will slow the offense down. What happened to Al is a black hole.

    Really strange. Some of you need to get a grip.

  8. #8

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    It's funny how my reasons for attending have changed over the years. Two years ago I tried to go to every home game I could because I realized that there would be no more Reggie Miller games after that. Last year, my attendance at specific games was usually based on the opponent. Next year, it could well be influenced by whether Granger (or someone yet to be acquired) is lighting it up.

  9. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    As far as losing money - I doubt it. They have shaved about $20 Million off the payroll, and even if attendance drops 25%, which is won't, that lack of revenue does not even approach the $20M saved up front

  10. #10
    Jer_Freak
    Guest

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt Donnie will lose one red cent.

    I must admit I'm a little baffled by the reaction since the Al deal dies. I mean Al is a nice player but is he Lebron James, is he Michael Jordan in his prime?

    It isn't like we just went from a 65 win sure fire NBA Finals team to a 25 win team. We've gone from a 45 win team to a 38 win team.

    What happened to Al will stunt Granger growth, what happened to Al will slow the offense down. What happened to Al is a black hole.

    Really strange. Some of you need to get a grip.
    It's not only about Al it's about improving this team and we done little but none thus far in the off-season.

    Al would've been a perfect addition its unfortunate the length of the contract was the problem when we had a month to work out the details.

  11. #11
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt Donnie will lose one red cent.

    I must admit I'm a little baffled by the reaction since the Al deal dies. I mean Al is a nice player but is he Lebron James, is he Michael Jordan in his prime?

    It isn't like we just went from a 65 win sure fire NBA Finals team to a 25 win team. We've gone from a 45 win team to a 38 win team.

    What happened to Al will stunt Granger growth, what happened to Al will slow the offense down. What happened to Al is a black hole.

    Really strange. Some of you need to get a grip.
    He doesn't have to be a LeBron James or Michael Jordan. Being a nice player and to not get him like this is upsetting enough in and of itself.

  12. #12
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He doesn't have to be a LeBron James or Michael Jordan. Being a nice player and to not get him like this is upsetting enough in and of itself.
    Agreed.

    No one is a LeBron on this year's market and getting Al for nothing is a no-brainer.

    It was stupid to not do it.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  13. #13
    Jer_Freak
    Guest

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He doesn't have to be a LeBron James or Michael Jordan. Being a nice player and to not get him like this is upsetting enough in and of itself.
    Its funny when we were getting Al everyone was excited now that we're not getting him everyone seems to act like everything will be okay. Al was actually our only chance to improve enough next year to give us a solid play-off spot now we might not even make it to the playoffs with this current group we have lost offense and our front-court is as thin as ice.

  14. #14
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Where are all those people who were upset that the Pacers might be trading away a 2007 first round draft pick in order to get Al.

  15. #15
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt Donnie will lose one red cent.

    I must admit I'm a little baffled by the reaction since the Al deal dies. I mean Al is a nice player but is he Lebron James, is he Michael Jordan in his prime?

    It isn't like we just went from a 65 win sure fire NBA Finals team to a 25 win team. We've gone from a 45 win team to a 38 win team.

    What happened to Al will stunt Granger growth, what happened to Al will slow the offense down. What happened to Al is a black hole.

    Really strange. Some of you need to get a grip.

    Well that's how it goes the moderate majority 80% or so are taking this in stride, usually the quietest of the crowd though

    Then there is the 10% extreme on both ends. Those however are usually the most demonstrative . The ones who live and die before, during and after every transaction. Bad news though travels 10 times faster than Good news.

    So when Al to Indiana was almost a done deal, it was those whose voices where against it that were heard loudest. Now that Al is not coming it's those who believe the sky is falling that can be heard from the rooftops.

    For some good news is almost boring, thriving on controversy.

    Why Not Us ?


  16. #16
    Member Doug in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Let's not forget that we lost Peja - who was a downgrade from crazy Ron... Al would have taken away the sting for a all of that for many of us.
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

  17. #17
    Jer_Freak
    Guest

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug in OH
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's not forget that we lost Peja - who was a downgrade from crazy Ron... Al would have taken away the sting for a all of that for many of us.
    We actually lost Peja because we knew for sure we were getting Al, thats why NOK gaved us the TE they thought for sure we will land him. cause they didn't want GS to land him...now what we got was nothing but a big slap in our faces. i'm tired of this Organization honestly ..

  18. #18

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    I think all of those people who wanted him here have already committed



    We are going to be good no matter who plays for us. I see the Pacers winning 45 - 50 games

    It would be more fun for me to watch without Jackson on the team though.

  19. #19
    Jer_Freak
    Guest

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsforlife
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are going to be good no matter who plays for us. I see the Pacers winning 45 - 50 games
    We never can see things realistically eh? with this team we will barly win 40 games. we have lost offensive and our front-court is more thin then it has ever been i'm just ready to say it is anyone with me? CAN YOU SAY GREG ODEN?

  20. #20
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsforlife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think all of those people who wanted him here have already committed



    We are going to be good no matter who plays for us. I see the Pacers winning 45 - 50 games

    It would be more fun for me to watch without Jackson on the team though.
    I wish I felt that good about next year. Look at last year's team, this current team might be better than that team just by a little....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  21. #21
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    I plan on only missing one more game than last year.

    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  22. #22
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I plan on only missing one more game than last year.

    You mean you won't be at the Annual Thanksgiving game ?

    Oh wait....

    Why Not Us ?


  23. #23
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean you won't be at the Annual Thanksgiving game ?

    Oh wait....
    That was arguably the best game night of the season, followed promptly by the worst. Good luck finding a parking place downtown with all the tree/monument lighting people.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  24. #24
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    I'll almost certainly go to less, but I think I voted wrong. I can't make it down to Indy from Chicago for Friday night games anymore (since I have to be concerned with a school schedule now.) And no Thanksgiving game (and, this year I won't be in Indiana for Turkey Day anyway.)

    But it doesn't have anything to do with the lineup. Kids grow up. Things change. That's the way I live my life now.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  25. #25
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: The 2006-2007 Season Attendance Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt Donnie will lose one red cent.

    I must admit I'm a little baffled by the reaction since the Al deal died. I mean Al is a nice player but is he Lebron James, is he Michael Jordan in his prime?

    It isn't like we just went from a 65 win sure fire NBA Finals team to a 25 win team. We've gone from a 45 win team to a 38 win team.

    What happened to Al will stunt Granger growth, what happened to Al will slow the offense down. What happened to Al is a black hole.

    Really strange. Some of you need to get a grip.
    Agree...and I liked the idea of the Al deal. I even wonder if it might not still happen. But good lord are people totally flipping out about a team that has nearly as much hope going into this season as last.

    Remember that besides the return of Ron as a reason for hope (ironically now its the non-return of Ron that gives fans hope) the other reasons for hope were - health for JO, Tinsley, AC, Fred, and Foster - drafting of Granger - signing of SarJas.

    Okay, so no Ron nutso story this season. JO, Foster and Tinsley health hopes are equal to the hopes of last year IMO. AC is now Daniels (ie, healthier), Fred is now White (ie, healthier, maybe a better defender), so the health looks to be better than last season at least for the bench.

    AJ becomes Armstrong which might not be an ability improvement, but it probably is a leadership improvement.

    And both prospects for hope last year, SarJas and Granger, should be better this year than they were last, especially Danny.


    Coming into last season people expected to win a TITLE, to win 60 games. Fans were flipping out even though the Pacers had a good record because they expected to be better than Detroit and didn't like falling behind them (before Ron pulled his stunt).

    So okay Ron is gone and we are a little less hopeful for JO and Tinsley to stay healthy than we were last season, but I don't see that worth more than a 15 win drop in expectations, ie a 45 win season and decent playoff chances.


    Just look at what the team lost:

    AC - missed 32 games, played 23 mpg in the 50 he did play, went 8.2 ppg and 5.3 rpg

    Fred Jones - missed 14 games, shot 33% from 3 for the year, and only 42% from the field - in other words slightly worse overall than Jackson. He played 27 mpg. They lost a 27 mpg Jackson who could only shoot the 3 and drive right on offense.

    AJ - 26.4 mpg, 44% FG, 33% 3P, 4.3 assists

    Pollard - missed 37 games, played 17.1 mpg when he was in, 3.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg

    Peja - only had him 40 games, only had him 2 of the 6 playoff games. Great shot with the Pacers, but only 6.3 rpg and his rebounds per minute ran well below Danny's (who will be seeing Peja's time). Peja's defense was as lacking as advertised.


    I like those guys, but basically they just turned over the bench and didn't replace Ron/Peja yet. Fresh faces to help change the mood, no real loss or production outside the Ron/Peja spot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •