Thread: Biggest basket in the world

edita

Default Biggest basket in the world

In 19th of August in Lithuania will start project "The biggest basketball's basket in the world - Lithuania's gift for the world" (Sorry, maybe I translated wrong )
    It will light till 3rd of September, then the Word cup will finish

http://www.delfi.lt/news/daily/hot/a...hp?id=10387478

Default Re: Biggest basket in the world

is this a joke?

Why would it be a joke...if it is, its not particularly funny. I think its an interesting idea, pretty fun, whatever.

I hope you guys have a reason to celebrate around it, but with your backcourt looking as shaky as it has, I'm not too hopeful. Still, good to see a little sense of fun from one of (if not the) most passionate basketball nations on earth.

I think it's cool. Indy has a big Christmas tree, this shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

Banned

[QUOTE=edita;456935]In 19th of August in Lithuania will start project "The biggest basketball's basket in the world - Lithuania's gift for the world" (Sorry, maybe I translated wrong )
    It will light till 3rd of September, then the Word cup will finish

34,7 meters in diameter
    109 meters in perimeter
    545 lights
    40 meters long basket
    2560 meters of glowing material
    During all the WC.

If it was a perminent thing, it might be a bit ridiculous but if its a seasonal thing I think its pretty cool. All kinds of places do all kinds of things similar to this (usually to a smaller scale). I don't find it odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's cool. Indy has a big Christmas tree, this shouldn't be too hard to pull off.
    We (Lithuania) have big Christmas tree too

Every year Vilnius TV Tower, the highest building of Lithuania (326,47 m), by using modern luminary installations becomes the tallest Christmas tree not only in Lithuania but in all Europe as well. This view makes a very big impression when you see it sparkling far away from the city center. In 1999 project “Millennium Light” was included in the projects of mentioning the Millennium Jubilee of Lithuanian statehood and Vilnius TV Tower was enlisted in Lithuanian Guinness Record Book as the highest Christmas tree.
    Visitors from foreign countries compare Vilnius TV Tower during Christmas to the Eiffel Tower in Paris. A performance of the lighting of the Vilnius TV tower, which will culminate in fireworks will take place on December 25, 2005. TV tower will be light up until January 6, 2006. This is a unique engineering project with no matches across the globe.

I was waiting for someone to say "It's still not big enough for Cabbages to make a three pointer" but no one did. Bravo!

Sarunas is going to be a great backup this year

edita

There are some more pics

And that's how it is decorated for the Christmas and New year